Page 13 of 207 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363113 ... LastLast

Thread: Which is the last Bollywood film you saw ?

Senior Member Diamond Hubber MADDY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Prabhu Ram
    MithyA

romba edhirpaarthutttEnnu ninaikkiREn

Nevertheless, indhi engeyO pOtittainga
    absolute yardstick-la ellAm compare paNNa mudiyudhu. That itself is an achievement.
    Mithya reminded me of Johny by Mahendran and a bit of Amitabh's Don........are they all inspired from a similar source???

Nerd, wat is KKG ?? aduthha vaaram oye lucky, lucky oye paarthe aaga vendum

PR, indhi sathyama adichhu dhool kelappuraanga......they are getting technically brilliant too and cinematographers yaarume namma pasanga illa....

aana onnu, NSG commandos-a vittu SRK/yash chopra/karan johar/farah khan ellararyum appura paduthhi sanitize pannittaangana - Bollywood is equal to any other foreign film industries
    _________
    Rahman's music is the ringtone on God's mobile phone

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hum Tum-

Post Thanks / Like
    Mithya is Don with a "what if" ponder. What if the stand-in suffers from Amnesia?

Senior Member Diamond Hubber Nerd's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MADDY
    Nerd, wat is KKG ?? aduthha vaaram oye lucky, lucky oye paarthe aaga vendum
    Khosla ka Ghosla. Dibakar Banerjee, director of OLLO's first film.

Senior Member Senior Hubber complicateur's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mithya reminded me of Johny by Mahendran and a bit of Amitabh's Don........are they all inspired from a similar source???
    Maddy, The earliest instance I have heard of this technique being employed is The Prisoner of Zenda. If I remember accurately, DD or the original Star Plus used to carry a series which I quite enjoyed watching and prompted me to read the book.

However MithyA is significantly different in that it borrows heavily from Kurosawa's kAgEmUshA (1980). kAgEmUshA reflects heavily on the identity crisis of the impersonator (far more than the other versions which are almost larks in comparison). There is also similarity in the way both movies (MithyA and kAgEmUshA) use water. A lot of the events in both happen in beachfront properties/lakefront forts. There is even similarity in the way the double ultimately loses all identity (death). I thought the water usage is significant because water (or fluids in general) are the only thing that can take the structure of anything without any loss in their core essence. So contrasting a person's inability to do as much was quite significant I felt.
    "Fiction is not the enemy of reality. On the contrary fiction reaches another level of the same reality" - Jean Claude Carriere.
    Music

Post Thanks / Like
    Compli, I've watched Kagemusha, I admit it didn't strike me while watching Mithya. Interesting bit on "water".

Senior Member Diamond Hubber MADDY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by complicateur
    Maddy, The earliest instance I have heard of this technique being employed is The Prisoner of Zenda. If I remember accurately, DD or the original Star Plus used to carry a series which I quite enjoyed watching and prompted me to read the book.

However MithyA is significantly different in that it borrows heavily from Kurosawa's kAgEmUshA (1980). kAgEmUshA reflects heavily on the identity crisis of the impersonator (far more than the other versions which are almost larks in comparison). There is also similarity in the way both movies (MithyA and kAgEmUshA) use water. A lot of the events in both happen in beachfront properties/lakefront forts. There is even similarity in the way the double ultimately loses all identity (death). I thought the water usage is significant because water (or fluids in general) are the only thing that can take the structure of anything without any loss in their core essence. So contrasting a person's inability to do as much was quite significant I felt.
    wonderful analysis.......i havent watched kagemusha (i dont watch phoren films as such) but yea, i have seen this theme in more than one movie now..........yea, his memory loss and subsequent identity loss was the high point in movie for me

Nerd, nanri hai - khosla ka ghosla was the start of this uptrend in bollywood
    _________
    Rahman's music is the ringtone on God's mobile phone

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Querida's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I watched Pyare To Honi Hi Tha...Ajay and Kajol were great together...the songs were beautiful and it reminded me of Azhagai Irukirai... Bayamai Irukiradhu with Bharath...

Senior Member Diamond Hubber Nerd's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ghajini on big screen. Went with zero expectations and came back liking the film. Much better than the tamil version. ARM has made a few changes, which worked very well. He has done away with some silly dialogues (like the pathu digit => cellphone number), tried to justify why nobody has seen Sanjay and of course shortened the climax. Aamir was excellent in action scenes, looked very much like an animal, the body language and stuff. Really struggled in the romantic scenes. He is too old to play Sanjay, IMO. Asin was as good as she was in the tamil version and the biggest surprise was Jiah Khan. Semma figurubA. Nishabd pArthE aaganum. kadEsi scene-la Shreya azha vechittaanga. Actually I was mad at ARM for cutting kaise mujhe before her portion when they played the song for the first time. That song is one of the biggest plusses for the film. BGM for action scenes were good, and was OK for the romance part. Andha sathyan character-a keduthuttAn oru naansannss

The response was terrific, but many of my non-SI friends did not like the film. I dont think it matters, the film has already shattered many records.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Querida's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    the biggest surprise was Jiah Khan. Semma figurubA. Nishabd pArthE aaganum.

well watch at your own risk..."take light" as miss khan says...but if you are only watching for the scene..don't worry you will be treated to some waterworks

I'm surprised you didn't mention the difference in the ending...it was that part that almost made me go and see it...but then friends filled me in....i remember watching the Tamil version and thinking i got a bad copy and that the ending had been cut off...how wrong i was!