Page 129 of 207 FirstFirst ... 2979119127128129130131139179 ... LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,290 of 2067

Thread: Which is the last Bollywood film you saw ?

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Plum
    Even the message wasnt a problem but the way it was hammered in...only thing is very few people noticed the pretentiousness, the ordinaryness of the way the message was hammered in. With 3 Idiots, that is happening.
    Exactly what I thought reading some of the negative/so-so reviews the film has got. It seemed like they've woken up late to Hirani's ways of ramming a sugary feel-good message down the audience's throat.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like
    As an actor?
    PR sonnA mAdhiri, nothing to complain about. Heck, I liked him in LBC!
    although DCH didnt strike much of a chord.
    With regard to "striking a chord," I too didn't connect at all to the über-yuppieness of the trio of the film. I say this because it is often cited as one of the foremost reasons for celebrating it. But there's a sense of relaxed atmosphere in the film that was so fresh and was something a wider range of urban audience could connect to in some sense. And of course, beyond all that, I think it's a very well written film.

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ok, LBC vaaippu kedaichA pArkarEn. Hmm.. I dread the day when Rishi Kapoor becomes acceptable to me - enna solradhu, it will just not be...me!

Post Thanks / Like
    For that matter, I think even Cheran is more resourceful than what many people allege him to be. I detect there's a sense of anxiety with respect to his looks in such criticisms.

I've very often found that people's complaints about Cheran's acting invariably fall on "how bad he looks" in certain scenes, song/fight sequences or "how loudly he cries" etc. (Why, I've even heard quite a few people jeer at him because he gets thrashed by V. Natarajan in the film!) So, I'm wary of critics when they say Cheran should stick to direction etc.

Post Thanks / Like
    equa, to be fair, Cheran didnt endear himself with attempts such as mAyakaNNAdi.

Post Thanks / Like
    As a director, Cheran is equally culpable of hamemring his message in, sometimes without the comic diversion that Hirani provides.

Post Thanks / Like
    equa, to be fair, Cheran didnt endear himself with attempts such as mAyakaNNAdi.
    But surely, that's not what he did in most of the other films he acted in? (Even here, you've to concede that the idea, however poorly executed it might have been, was not to simply parade himself in designer clothes throughout the film without any semblance of connection to what the film is about.) How many actors are out there who can play his roles in a 'solla maRandha kadhai' or 'pirivOm sandhippOm' without hijacking the film? His limitations as an actor are fairly obvious, but he has been competent in these kind of roles.

Post Thanks / Like
    Agree equa. Very often, Cheran is ridiculed by fans of "mass heroes", who aren't exactly Greek Gods themselves. The idea in MK wasnt bad but the execution was. Yeah, I get the designer clothes dig

Post Thanks / Like
    Dayavan

I don't remember when I laughed this hard. I have laughed enough for the rest of the year.

'They missed the point' is the most polite way to put it.
    They got everything wrong. Every thing.
    மூவா? முதல்வா! இனியெம்மைச் சோரேலே

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by P_R
    Dayavan

I don't remember when I laughed this hard. I have laughed enough for the rest of the year.

'They missed the point' is the most polite way to put it.
    They got everything wrong. Every thing.
    That was another era. ippO reverse-la sirikkarAnga on 'our' remakes of 'their' films.

Kamal himself commented that they should have set this remake in Southall. He had a point. Not that that decision would have helped this movie given the makers. There is a movie starring one of Salman Khan's brothers which was set in Southall with similar intent.