Page 127 of 207 FirstFirst ... 2777117125126127128129137177 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,270 of 2067

Thread: Which is the last Bollywood film you saw ?

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    As regards Kashyap, my contention has always been that I am not much of a weld movies fan, and hence he leaves me cold, given that his strength, is apparently, channeling weld movies. It doesnt alter the fact that he is a significant player in raising the quality of Bollywood movies. Just not my cup of tea.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Diamond Hubber kid-glove's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Plum
    While Aamir has definitely outgrown Rishi Kapoorness, he obviously isnt a great actor by any definition. Infact, I have problems with Bhuvan *itself*.

As regards insecurity, the only one who gives me insecurity as a Kamal fan is Vishal B. But since I love Vishal from his days as composer(right from Maachis), this insecurity doesnt dissolve much into my system.

Aamir as an actor has to reach Bachchan first. He is definitely better than Saarug gaan but that surely does not warrant saying out. It is obvious.

Aamir as a film maker - and I can only laugh at Kamal haters who started trotting out "Kamal must learn from Aamir on film making" during TZP's succesful run - is still taking baby steps. Will be long before he causes insecurity as a film maker.

I wont blame 3I's shoddiness on Aamir, though. That credit must go to the overrated Rajkumar Hirani, who - blasphemy alert - helmed two above-average previous movies, which, unfortunately, got hyped as great ones. Aamir surely must have had his inputs but many of the problematic moments had a munnabhai touch in them so I suspect Hirani is the culprit.
    (And what's with the endless urinating. Talk about pissing off the viewers!)
    thanks for explaining it. I'm sure Maddy was of the assumption that I'm insecure of Aaamir khan because I happened to be a Kamal fan.
    ...an artist without an art.

Post Thanks / Like
    As someone who liked Munnabhai a lot and Lage Raho a little bit, my main charge against 3 idiots was that it was not funny. And almost every single thing that had a faint scent of humour was repeated till it became unfunny.

Now I wonder if much credit for the Munna movies should go to Sanjay Dutt and Arshad Warsi.

ek baar sorry bOla....seedhA jail

Not one line like that

Btw saw it in ega among a predominantly - insert racist epithet - crowd. The toilet humour brought down the house till even the very last repetition.
    மூவா? முதல்வா! இனியெம்மைச் சோரேலே

Post Thanks / Like
    Btw saw it in Goregaon among a predominantly - insert racist epithet - crowd. The toilet humour brought down the house till even the very last repetition.

Post Thanks / Like
    <To make amends for seeming holier than thouness I shall now proceed to give an example of 'class' in toilet humour>

GM has had a drink which was spiked for SR and is rushing to ease himself. SR stops him and questioning happens.

SR: எவ்வளவு மாத்திரை போட்ட ?
    GM: <in distress> யோவ் எனக்கு இப்பொ ரெண்டுக்கு மேல எண்ணிக்கையே வர மாட்டேங்குது
    மூவா? முதல்வா! இனியெம்மைச் சோரேலே

Post Thanks / Like
    P_R, Sanjay Dutt had an awful lot of credit to take on the Munnabhai movies. Essentially, his real life persona and intrigue blended well with the character, and that's the chief reason for those movies being enjoyable. Ofcourse, Warsi was irreplaceable in the circuit role - as Baradwaj Rangan observed, essentially Circuit has been bifurcated as Raju and Farhan here, and the actors here brought a completely different flavour to it, and clearly, they didnt bring in the same effect as Warsi; it didnt help that, with Rancho hogging the limelight, the writing also pushed them further into a baniyan size 42 role. I think only Srikanth in the telugu version came close to Warsi's spirit but Chiranjeevi and the writing in telugu werent up to the mark. So, yes, Munnabhai owes a lot to Dutt and Warsi.
    (Infact, Lage Raho suffered from the same problems in writing - think of the Shergill and Dia Mirza and the final Abhishek Bachan sequences - but it got glossed over thanks to Warsi).

All said, it would have been tough to sit through 3I if not for Aamir, though.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by P_R
    <To make amends for seeming holier than thouness I shall now proceed to give an example of 'class' in toilet humour>

GM has had a drink which was spiked for SR and is rushing to ease himself. SR stops him and questioning happens.

SR: எவ்வளவு மாத்திரை போட்ட ?
    GM: <in distress> யோவ் எனக்கு இப்பொ ரெண்டுக்கு மேல எண்ணிக்கையே வர மாட்டேங்குது
    Exactly! adhukkellAm genius vENumpA!

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok, things that I liked, although not much of a consolation:
    1. The fact that Aamir's character was from north-east. Sadly, it never got any prominence, and even while parting, the director couldnt help a cheap shot with Kareena mouthing "I wouldnt want that surname after marriage". While one can understand that in the context of a name like Rannchod, with profane insinuations built in itself, the only objection to the north-eastern name could be that it is north-eastern.
    2. The Dhokla missile joke. Although Kareena spoilt it with poor execution.

Kareena is another - ok I will put this gingerly - irritant. Did anyone else have the same moment as me - basically, when she walks towards Aamir in the climax, for a moment, I felt I had walked into a horror movie. That make up, that demeanour, that expression - chilling!

Senior Member Diamond Hubber MADDY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Plum
    Ok, things that I liked, although not much of a consolation:
    1. The fact that Aamir's character was from north-east. Sadly, it never got any prominence, and even while parting, the director couldnt help a cheap shot with Kareena mouthing "I wouldnt want that surname after marriage". While one can understand that in the context of a name like Rannchod, with profane insinuations built in itself, the only objection to the north-eastern name could be that it is north-eastern.
    to be fair wangudu too sounds funny........Plum, neenga Chathur Ramalingam mocking-a pudichhu ottuveengannu edhir paarthen......Chathur means intelligent in hindi - chathur naar bade hoshiyar days-a vittu varave maattangala?? ......

3 idiots good film ellam illa - infact it was contrived to bring a BO jackpot.......in that perspective, it achieved its objective......but yes, NOV kept saying something similar for Nadodigal which i didnt listen :P ....
    _________
    Rahman's music is the ringtone on God's mobile phone

Post Thanks / Like
    Maddy, there was equal-opportunity regional bashing in this movie I think. Gujaratis facing the brunt. I guess Hirani must be Gujarati(or Sindhi?) himself.
    The Ramalingam angle didnt bother me much. There wasnt much faux-tamilness(the typical bolly faux tamilness) in the execution of that character on screen. Not as bad as enna rascala. One has to grant the director that much