Page 126 of 207 FirstFirst ... 2676116124125126127128136176 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,260 of 2067

Thread: Which is the last Bollywood film you saw ?

Senior Member Diamond Hubber MADDY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Plum
    Yeah, anyone who criticises aamir acting o madhavan's "natural" acting is maha paavi/visha kirumi/velaiyathava. Nice.
    ada, edho oru blogger dhaan appadi sonnaaru-nnu nenachhu sollitten ........then i checked it was ur post in tamil films section .......

Aamir khjan has always been a great actor - including tum mere ho, mann, mela, love love love, deewana mujhsa nahin etc. Nadigar thilagathukkappuram ava dhaan. Sory NT avar kaal dhoosu pera maattar. Nt natural nadippu madhavanai paathu kathukkanum.
    Ok-vA?
    yen ivalavu reactions?? kamal have had bad films, really forgettable ones - does that make them a lesser actor?? indha bad examples kadha ellam othhukave mudiyadhu (IMO, only arr and koundar have very few bad examples)......

NT-a pathhi ellam inga pesi, u r doing a disservice to him - avalavudhaan solla mudiyum
    _________
    Rahman's music is the ringtone on God's mobile phone

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Diamond Hubber Nerd's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Koodal nagar ellAm examples of good acting. 3i - muyaRchi nadippu.

And "muyarchi"??? I did not see any *efforts*. Good/bad is subjective, I agree but muyarchi?? which scene(s)?

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Intro scenelEyE...thinking hard to fashion a.shock-therapy machine. Trying hard to look like a youngster. Like annotating every word written in the script, trying to emote every small reaction...nothing wrong with it but the effort shows.
    Madhavan was better in that I do agree he came across as natural except for appearance, where he looked the oldest of the three, although I believe aamir's age lines were digitally erased to make him look younger(anybody's guess why same courtesy wasn't extended to maddy because the net effect was that maddy looked the oldest?maybe vanity in play on khan's part.)

The film itself suffers from shoddy writing (how many suicide references to drive home the point; a thousand similar urine and toilet jokes; thousand dropping the pant scenes), aged protagonists trying hard to look young a- sorry even the non chalant maddy looked more like a young professor - and as with hirani's previous movies, a dummy female protagonist.

When I read fps, cringed at a bad bollywood movie like script; when I heard that it was being made as 3i, was glad since I thought nobody can salvage a good screenplay out of that. Then the reviews made me think hirani might have dunnit afterall. But hirani has done the unbelievable of making bhagat look like a better writer. Ok, let this be hailed as a great movie - if bollywood standards can be lowered like this movie and become a hit, good. I like that. If a couple of bharadwaj and kashyap films flop now, the money bags will slowly bring bolly down to this level. I'll not be unhappy with that

Senior Member Diamond Hubber kid-glove's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Aamir was such a 'bland' actor. I though he was going to be a Rishi kapoor. But fair play to him, he has become a good marketer for scripts and success. Yes, he takes scripts where he could be fairly 'natural'. Doesn't elevate him to be a big nadigar thilagam either.

Like annotating every word written in the script, trying to emote every small reaction...nothing wrong with it but the effort shows.
    I haven't seen 3 Idiots, but pretty much 'Aamir acting masterclass' for me.
    ...an artist without an art.

Post Thanks / Like
    Intro scenelEyE...thinking hard to fashion a.shock-therapy machine. Trying hard to look like a youngster. Like annotating every word written in the script, trying to emote every small reaction...nothing wrong with it but the effort shows.
    this can be told for any actor/many scenes .....to me, the scene was trying to be too smart and there was nothing much anyone can do abt it.....

although I believe aamir's age lines were digitally erased to make him look younger(anybody's guess why same courtesy wasn't extended to maddy because the net effect was that maddy looked the oldest?maybe vanity in play on khan's part.)
    first of all u make a ridiculous assumption and then u confirm urself that it was "digital erasing"......then u go on to provoke maddy fans by asking why this "imaginary" digital erasing was not applied to Maddy.......honestly, u r impossible.....if u care to watch a couple of Aamir's interviews, he would appear the same as he appeared in the movie......if Maddy had come in like Guru's role, he would have looked apt.....but pray god, we had so many uncle figures in colleges - infact my best frnd was like that....

The film itself suffers from shoddy writing (how many suicide references to drive home the point; a thousand similar urine and toilet jokes; thousand dropping the pant scenes),
    agree 100%.....i dont think even Nerd and me deny this......it is bad writing/characterisations/cliche filmmaking.....to me, masala movies is all about seizing the "caricaturized moments" and 3I did it with quite a lot of sucess in most scenes......

If a couple of bharadwaj and kashyap films flop now, the money bags will slowly bring bolly down to this level. I'll not be unhappy with that
    atlast, 3I makes u accept Kashyap is a good filmmaker.....hopefully "my name is khan" will make u accept Imtiaz as well....

Plum, i completely understand abt ur point on madhavan's role in 3I (not agree) but i have to vehemently disagree with other points.....

Quote Originally Posted by kid-glove
    Yes, he takes scripts where he could be fairly 'natural'. Doesn't elevate him to be a big nadigar thilagam either.
    he is not trying to be another nadigar thilagam (he can never be is another point).....i see a lot of "desperation" in trying to reduce Aamir khan in whatever he does.....i donno where the "insecurity" is flowing from......
    _________

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, I can't take "rishi-kapoor-greatness' syndrome.

Since you tend to psychoanalyze my reactions/desperations, you may want to let me know where the insecurity is stemming from..

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, I can't take "rishi-kapoor-greatness' syndrome.
    its convenience to club Rishi Kapoor and Aamir Khan in one umbrella......i can make equally astonishing equations but yea i have completed my quota long back
    _________

Post Thanks / Like
    Since you tend to psychoanalyze my reactions/desperations, you may want to let me know where the insecurity is stemming from..
    sorry abt that but whatever u post abt Aamir seems to be telling "i dont like Aamir"....
    _________

Post Thanks / Like
    I like Aamir. Extremely good actor, but doesn't deserve the hoopla. Needless to say, IMHO. I don't have to use 'imho' in all my posts because it is implied by default.

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    While Aamir has definitely outgrown Rishi Kapoorness, he obviously isnt a great actor by any definition. Infact, I have problems with Bhuvan *itself*.

As regards insecurity, the only one who gives me insecurity as a Kamal fan is Vishal B. But since I love Vishal from his days as composer(right from Maachis), this insecurity doesnt dissolve much into my system.

Aamir as an actor has to reach Bachchan first. He is definitely better than Saarug gaan but that surely does not warrant saying out. It is obvious.

Aamir as a film maker - and I can only laugh at Kamal haters who started trotting out "Kamal must learn from Aamir on film making" during TZP's succesful run - is still taking baby steps. Will be long before he causes insecurity as a film maker.

I wont blame 3I's shoddiness on Aamir, though. That credit must go to the overrated Rajkumar Hirani, who - blasphemy alert - helmed two above-average previous movies, which, unfortunately, got hyped as great ones. Aamir surely must have had his inputs but many of the problematic moments had a munnabhai touch in them so I suspect Hirani is the culprit.
    (And what's with the endless urinating. Talk about pissing off the viewers!)