Page 12 of 207 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262112 ... LastLast

Thread: Which is the last Bollywood film you saw ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Khosla ka Ghosla...finally.

Very enjoyable.
    மூவா? முதல்வா! இனியெம்மைச் சோரேலே

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like
    Dasvidaniya

Funny, and touching.

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ah, yes, I missed 'Dasvidaniya' too in the theatres. Have to watch it.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber crajkumar_be's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Strongly recommended by a colleague too...

Post Thanks / Like
    Hulla - Parthachu. Oru murai parkalam. :P "Lovely little film" enbadhu noothukku nooru unmai...

Oye Lucky! Lucky Oye! - Not quite sure about its overall merits yet. The narrative technique (especially the way it is shot), stunner dialogues, and understated acting (Abhay Deol) appeals instantly. Paresh Rawal is good as well (Couldn't resist imagining Boman Irani in stead, I hear voices say out-of-bounds).

Abhay Deol's choice of films in his short career is scary.

Senior Member Senior Hubber complicateur's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by thilak4life
    Hulla - Parthachu. Oru murai parkalam. :P "Lovely little film" enbadhu noothukku nooru unmai...
    Re posting from Tamil Films section

Quote Originally Posted by equanimus
    Many critics complained about what's actually the most obvious characteristic of the film -- that too much is made out of something that's trivial. Some reviews pointed it out so elaborately as if the film itself wasn't conscious of it!
    OhO! It seems I spared myself a couple of hours of rage at the movie being misunderstood.
    Quote Originally Posted by equanimus
    For all its shortcomings, it's a very remarkable film to my mind with layers of subtext seamlessly woven into an essentially absurdist narrative. padam pArththu mudichchuttInga'nnA mEla pEsalAm.
    And yes, loved Kartika Rane in the film. She was a revelation here (like you, have seen her only on television before this). Sushant is of course damn good, as always. But it's Rajat Kapoor who gives the performance of the film. A very moving performance.
    There is this oft-misused statement "Your freedom ends where my nose begins". Unfortunately some human beings have the penchant of constantly shifting the location of their nose and still others' noses have pinnochian(?) extension capabilities.

I loved that Raj Puri (just as everyone else in the film) is oblivious to dichotomy of civil rights and personal space. The police station scene where he is complaining about the inspector writing down Raj "Shiv" Puri but promptly proceeds to massacre the inspector's name - nicely written. Throwaway moments of humor like the signal book vendor selling Kiran Desai amidst titillating material like Debonair etc.. reminded me of the Woody Allen short story (The whore of Mensa) that Thilak (Thanks btw) recommended. Even throwaway character's like that superior receptionist at the 5-star hotel (very reminiscent of Buck Henry's role in The Graduate) are exceedingly well written.

The feel is very TV movie-of- the-week-ish but as you say it is very layered and extremely well written. That CM bit towards the end was funny but irrelevant nonetheless. I couldn't help at the parting shot of Mathew on the road. Black humor, as is evident, appeals to me. And yes, Rajat Kapoor as the emasculated secretary is excellent. In fact the performances uniformly elevate the movie.
    "Fiction is not the enemy of reality. On the contrary fiction reaches another level of the same reality" - Jean Claude Carriere.
    Music

Post Thanks / Like
    Compli,

I had quoted this in that thread. I'm in agreement with you guys.

Post Thanks / Like
    MithyA

romba edhirpaarthutttEnnu ninaikkiREn

Nevertheless, indhi engeyO pOtittainga
    absolute yardstick-la ellAm compare paNNa mudiyudhu. That itself is an achievement.
    மூவா? முதல்வா! இனியெம்மைச் சோரேலே

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to Sajjanpur While it isn't any worse than Benegal has churned in past few years, it's still long way short from "Mandi" days. With all the talk of Bollywood treading down a westernized path, the "earthiness" much evident in the film, doesn't compensate the shortcomings of the film. The acting department is strictly OK for a SB film, Shreyas Talpade has his moments.

Senior Member Diamond Hubber Nerd's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Watched OLLO - Sort of a satire. Needs more than one viewing to completely absorb the film. Abhay was brilliant. Paresh Rawal was hopeless in the dad character and was OK in the Jogi bhai character. He did well as Dr. Handa. Actually the director must be applauded for *connecting* the three Paresh characters with a common theme. An intelligent film which keeps the viewers thinking. But I feel KKG is better than this one. It was more direct/engaging/entertaining.