Thread: Which is the last Bollywood film you saw ?

Threaded View

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber Sunil_M88's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Watched Agneepath

For those who have watched the original, don't expect many punchy dialogues. The plot this time round is more straightforward as there's less twists. This probably is due to the director expecting the audience to have seen the original. Just like the original, every character, old or new, is author-backed and leaves an impression, though this film is more character driven compared to the original where Ambitabh Ji's character stole most of the limelight.

When I saw the promos on air, I didn't feel intrigued and furthermore the item number kinda made me lose further interest. One point which made me highly detest the first promo was the cheap "Uncle Fester" look of Sanjay Dutt. When the audio released, I didn't listen to songs properly and was more so annoyed than bored of "Chikni Chameli" constantly being played on whatever channel I tuned into.

I saw the film today and completely take back my wrong perception of Sanjay Dutt, for me he was the man of the match and I can't stop listening to the songs, especially "O Saiyyan". Ajay-Atul

Villains are back in fashion, first Neil Nitin Mukesh showed his excellence in Players and now Sanjay Dutt becomes a synonym for the new menace on the block as "Kancha Cheena". Rishi Kapoor is class to watch in a role never performed by him and Hrithik counteracts these two veterans at every step, he doesn't go OTT and still manages to sink into the character, delivering more of a subtle yet power packed performance.

Overall verdict: 3.5/5
    Last edited by Sunil_M88; 27th January 2012 at 04:50 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement