Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: Discussions related to Cricket captains

Senior Member Diamond Hubber MADDY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Interestingly, Dhoni did not defend Sreesanth when told about Smith's observation, repeating what he had said after the Durban Test but in a more serious vein. "Of course, it's difficult to control Sreesanth. I've said this at every press conference. Hopefully, he'll be on the right side of the line this time. And if he has to say something, I hope it's not personal."
    Sreesanth is a volatile character and Dhoni cannot say Sreesanth is under our control.........it would have been like "unga pondatti unga alavukku illainga" sort of statement by Dhoni........

Dhoni added: "When you represent your country, you try your best to win games, but a certain guideline needs to be followed and you've to always be on the right side of that line."
    i dont see any giving away or anything here - its a statement against personal/family sledging.........i really think this is a good precedent set by Dhoni to stop people from resorting personalised/family bashing under protection of BCCI management......

Smith said he has got used to verbal aggression. "In my 90 Tests, I don't think I have played many where there hasn't been an aggressive vibe on the field. But when you start bringing people's families into it, it's like crossing the line."
    smart sledging dhaane panna solraanga....

LM, i really find it odd that u r trying to blow it up as a big complaint against Dhoni......
    _________
    Rahman's music is the ringtone on God's mobile phone

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like
    Actually idhai vida konjam kadumaiyAvE kaNdichirukkaNum illaiyA.

Ajay namakku nOkkam, koLgai, latchiyam ellAmE jaundice dhaan
    மூவா? முதல்வா! இனியெம்மைச் சோரேலே

Moderator Diamond Hubber littlemaster1982's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MADDY
    LM, i really find it odd that u r trying to blow it up as a big complaint against Dhoni......
    I said I was surprised to see this from Dhoni. I did post something similar when Ganguly criticised his team in a press conference during IPL.

Post Thanks / Like
    idhu ellarukkum therinja vishayam dhaan aana reposting this to quell some propagandas...

http://www.ambimama.com/2006/10/11/s...the-wrong-way/

In the dressing room, coach Lalchand Rajput read out the riot act to Sreesanth for getting involved in the scuffle.

“There was absolutely no need for him to do that. The team was in a winning position then why unnecessarily create a ruckus,” said Rajput, clearly very agitated with the bowler.
    Sreesanth had even sledged Sachin Tendulkar and Virender Sehwag early in the innings.

“After he was hit by Sehwag for a four, he went up to him and asked him why he can’t bat like that in international matches,” the source said.

Sehwag, obviously lost his cool and pointed that out to the umpires. Later, Sreesanth dared to look Tendulkar in his eyes in his follow through after getting one past him.

The next ball saw Tendulkar jumping out of his crease to smash a six, tennis style, over the bowler’s head. The source said, “Tendulkar went up to him and said, never again come that close to me.”

also, when Bhajji slapped sreesanth on field - appove olagathukku theriyin sreesanth eppadi-nnu..........if Dhoni had defended Sreesanth or said he will take it offline, oore kai thatti sirichirukkum
    _________

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by littlemaster1982
    I said I was surprised to see this from Dhoni. I did post something similar when Ganguly criticised his team in a press conference during IPL.
    obviously LM, posting it in this thread instead of MS thread and 3-4 days later , i found it odd.......anyways, freea vidunga
    _________

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by P_R
    Actually I was surprised when PR said that.
    yEn aaL aaLukku reaction kudukkureenga

I am not a fan of 'backing your players' when they are in the wrong etc. It is a misplaced sense of solidarity that leads to such poor decisions.

Ranatunga backing Murali
    Sachin allegedly prevaricating to defend Harbhajan

ellAm eppovumE kutRam kutRamEnu dhaanE sollittu vandhirukkEn.
    Flau edhirpaarkura consistency kooda irukkE
    Ok, I was not really thinking about these two instances because there were far more serious issues. Smith complaint pandradhellam sappa matter, adhukkaga Dhoni Sreesanth-ai vittu kudukka thevai illai-ngaradhu ennudaiya karutthu

Senior Member Diamond Hubber ajaybaskar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I like Sachin's reply..
    I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it.

- Bernard Shaw

Post Thanks / Like
    obviously LM, posting it in this thread instead of MS thread and 3-4 days later , i found it odd.......anyways, freea vidunga
    Naan indha article-ai kaalailadhan padichen-nu sonna neenga nambava poreenga Freeyave viduvom

Post Thanks / Like
    In the dressing room, coach Lalchand Rajput read out the riot act to Sreesanth for getting involved in the scuffle.

“There was absolutely no need for him to do that. The team was in a winning position then why unnecessarily create a ruckus,” said Rajput, clearly very agitated with the bowler.
    Sreesanth had even sledged Sachin Tendulkar and Virender Sehwag early in the innings.

“After he was hit by Sehwag for a four, he went up to him and asked him why he can’t bat like that in international matches,” the source said.

Sehwag, obviously lost his cool and pointed that out to the umpires. Later, Sreesanth dared to look Tendulkar in his eyes in his follow through after getting one past him.

The next ball saw Tendulkar jumping out of his crease to smash a six, tennis style, over the bowler’s head. The source said, “Tendulkar went up to him and said, never again come that close to me.”
    loosaappaa nee
    மூவா? முதல்வா! இனியெம்மைச் சோரேலே

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sreesanth dared to look Tendulkar in his eyes in his follow through after getting one past him.
    idhu oru kuththamA?

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314