Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: ~~LOve Story~~

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber ssanjinika's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Very interesting. When's the next episode?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber Sinthiya's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    hmm...interesting....

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Chapter Six
    March 1st, 2004

After a great Sunday, Monday is always a disaster. Today we found a defect in our code and we are asked to fix it immediately. I had to stay till 11:00 PM in the night to complete it. I returned back to room at 12:00 Midnight. My room mate Vinod was waiting for me.

"What happened?" Vinod asked. "Why are you so late?"

"Don't ask. Today we had to deliver a critical fix and it took so long"

"By the way Rahul is very angry upon you"

"Why? Oh.. What can I do? Priya forced me to Juhu beach. Otherwise I have no intention of moving out of my home"

"I don't know. He was spreading rumors"

"Rumors?? What rumors?"

"Rumors about you and Priya"

"Priya is just my friend. What is wrong in this? Why is he after me?"

"I don't know. Now you are trapped. People will start teasing you with the name of that girl" he said laughing. "And I am not going to leave this opportunity. Now I got you"

"Come on. Stop it man" I said beating him with the towel in my hand.

It did not stop with Vinod. The word spread across our friends that I have a Girl Friend. My friends started teasing me with the name of Priya. Some of them went too far saying that we are engaged.

"You did not say that you got engaged" My PM asked me one day.

"Nothing like that. People are just teasing me" I said.

"Why don't you bring her to the project party next week?" he asked.

I did not have any answer. People started asking parties for my engagement. Whenever I receive a phone call, they started looking at me as if I got a phone call from my fiancee. Thank god Priya is not in Infosys. If she is in Infosys, she would have known about this and I would have been in an embarrassing situation.

"I will ask you one question. Answer me seriously" Vinod asked one day.

"What?"

"Do you love Priya?" he asked.

"Oh..No.. Not again. Stop it" I said showing some irritation in my voice.

"I am not teasing you. I am asking you seriously" he said.

"Why do you ask?" I said.

"Because, I feel that you are in love with Priya. Now a days you talk more about Priya and less about yourself. I am your room mate. I am your friend. You cannot hide anything from your friend" he said.

I fell silent for a minute.

"Come on, tell me. Are you in love with her?" Vinod asked.

"I don't know" I said.

"I got the answer" he said. "You are in love with her"

"How do you conclude that? I did not say that I am in love with her"

"You did not say 'No'. You said you don't know. Love always starts with a dilemma. Now you are in a situation that you don't know whether you are in Love or not. Think of it. Listen to your heart. Spend sometime alone. Come out of the dilemma. You will definitely find an answer" he said.

I did not speak a word. I did not understand what to say.

"By the way, you two make a good pair" Vinod said leaving.

I don't know whether Vinod started this conversation seriously or to tease me but I started thinking of what Vinod said. Am I in Love?

Priya - It means 'one who is liked by everyone'. In one word it means 'Beloved'. What does she mean to me? I always thought that Love stories exist only in movies. They never exist in real world. But what is this called? Is this Love? I don't know. I can say that I like her very much. But there is a difference between liking and loving. You can like many people but you can love only one. Do I like any other person as much as I like Priya? No. She shouts at me when I am late. She beats me when I am lazy. She corrects me when I am wrong. She consoles me when I am in depression. She encourages me when I try something. She admires me when I achieve anything. No one in the world ever has come so close to me or my heart. I can't imagine myself without her. I want to share my life with her. I don't want to lose her. Is this called Love? I don’t know. But If this is called Love, then yes.. I am in Love with her.

I AM IN LOVE WITH PRIYA

Now What am I supposed to do?

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Shiva : interesting story - btw who's the real author ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ramky
    Shiva : interesting story - btw who's the real author ?
    His name is Kiran...

ya the story was realy interesting...

Post Thanks / Like
    Chapter Seven
    April 27th, 2004

"Propose to her" Vinod said.

"What?"

"Come on man. Tell her that you love her. Propose to her. Otherwise how does she know that you love her?"

"No" I said. "I cannot do that"

"Why?"

"I don't know. I can't do that"

"Are you mad? Don't be stupid. Go and tell her"

"What if she doesn’t accept?" I argued.

"Ah.. The same classical doubt. See. If she accepts, it’s well and good. If she does not accept, there is nothing to lose"

"Hmmm... I will try" I said.

"Let me give you an advice. Make sure the day that you tell her is a special day. If it’s a special day, your proposal looks special. Again don't ask me how it works. But that's just my gut feeling. Now All the Best" Vinod said.

I have seen in many movies how boys propose to girls and vice versa. But I never thought that I would fall in the same situation. I bet proposing a girl is the most difficult thing in the world. You ask a girl to be your life partner and you expect her to take the decision of her life then and there itself. This is related to a life of two persons. After much thought, I decided to tell her on her birthday. That's a special day. Her birthday is still three months away. I have ample time to prepare for myself.

All these three months I watched as many movies as I can. I interviewed many couples and gathered the minutes of their first proposals. I read many novels and came out with a beautiful poem. I wrote it on a paper and practiced it everyday. I searched hundreds of shops for a good gift to give to her on her birthday. I prepared myself completely for the D-Day.

July 22nd, 2004 - The D-Day

"Happy Birthday Priya" I said giving her the boquet I brought. Its 8:30 in the evening.

I reserved a couple seat in one of the best restaurants in pune.

"The restaurant looks good" She said.

"Yes. This is one of the best in the city. The food here is very delicious. Order what you like" I said handing her the menu card.

"Candle light dinner, good music. It’s so beautiful here. What's the matter?" She asked.

"N...Nothing. Just wanted to give you a surprise on your birthday" I said.

"Good. I am impressed Mr.Aaryan"

Though I have practiced for three months, I could not gather the courage. Forget the poem; here I am searching for words on how to start.

"I will tell her after the dinner" I thought.

We finished the dinner in thirty minutes. But those thirty minutes were like thirty years. I never felt so tensed in my entire life.

"Priya.." I called. My voice was so low that even I can't hear it clearly.

"Priya.." I called her again.

"What?" she asked.

"I want to say something to you" I said.

"What is it?"

My mind went blank for a second.

"Where did you buy this dress? It’s beautiful" I said.

"Oh... this one? I bought it in a shop near Andheri Station" she said.

"What is the name of the shop?" I asked.

"I don't remember. But if you want to buy a dress for yourself, let me tell you that it’s a ladies shop" she said laughing.

I gave foolish smile. The time is passing slowly. I felt as if all the seconds are suddenly converted to hours.

"Let's go" she said. "It’s already 10:00 PM. I have a meeting early in the morning tomorrow. I have to prepare for it"

"OK.. Let's leave" I said.

I am a fool. All the efforts and all the preparations that I made over these three months have gone waste. I was not able say to Priya that I love her. I was so tensed that I even forgot to give her the birthday gift I bought. Instead I was asking her about her dress and all. What a coward I am. I don't know how people say the three letter word 'I Love You' so easily. Why? Why did I felt so tensed? I don't know. Don't even ask me. I have no answer.

Senior Member Diamond Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Anbe Sivam

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crazy

I don't know how people say the three letter word 'I Love You' so easily. Why? Why did I felt so tensed? I don't know. Don't even ask me. I have no answer.
    :P :P

Post Thanks / Like
    Chapter Eight
    Vinod laughed at me when he heard what I have done. But I could not help myself. Months passed by. But I did not tell Hari Priya. Every time I tried to tell her, I talk about everything in the world other than what is necessary. August 8th - the day we first met, November 12th - Diwali, January 1st 2005 - New Year day - all the days I tried to tell her but could not succeed. Meanwhile my father got transferred to Hyderabad and I going to Mumbai on weekends stopped.

January 15th, 2005.

"What is your problem?" Vinod asked. "Why do you feel so tensed?"

"I cannot say it to her" I said.

"But Why?"

"I am afraid" I said.

"Afraid? Of what?"

"I don't know how she will react if I say that I love her. What if she doesn’t take it positively? What if she stops talking to me after that? What if she abandons our friendship?"

"Why do you think like that? It does not happen that way"

"No.. Girls are very sensitive in this matter and Priya is not an exception to it. She is so sensitive that she cries when she sees some tragedy scene in a movie. If she feels bad about what I said and leaves me, I cannot bear it"

"She likes you or may be she loves you. Just give her a chance. Express yourself"

"No... I don't have courage to take that chance. I cannot lose her because of my foolishness"

"You are her best friend. It will make her accept your love" Vinod said trying to convince me.

"I don't want our friendship to come in between my love" I said.

"What do you mean?"

"She must not feel forced to accept my proposal because of my friendship. She must not accept it just because I feel bad if she won't accept"

"So?"

"Let me explain. Some people do not fall in love. They are forced to fall in Love. Say a boy proposes to a girl. Let me tell you what most of the girls think - I need to marry someone. This guy has proposed me. He is not bad. He looks good. Let me accept the proposal. The same happens with the boys also. Here a person is forced by other. And believe me 90% of Love stories start from one person and that one person forces the other to love him or her. May be afterwards the boy or girl starts liking him truly. But its not complete from both sides"

"What do you want to say?"

"In my opinion, true love begins only at one point. It spreads to other. But in my case, I don’t want that to happen. I want it to happen from both sides. I don't want to force my love up on Priya"

"You are talking like a person with a lot of experience"

"You don't need experience for it. Just fall in Love once and you will understand" I said.

"I will do one thing. I will ask Priya and will get her opinion about you. What do you say?" Vinod said.

"No, I don't want a third person involving in this." I said.

"Then, How will you know that Priya loves you or not?" Vinod said. "How many days will you wait like this?"

"I don't know. I only know that I love a girl and it will take me to her"

"This is foolishness" Vinod said.

"No." I said. "Love needs patience. If you have no patience to wait for your partner, you cannot love her"

"These dialogues look good in movies especially those Yash Chopra movies involving Shahrukh Khan but not in real life. You are mad." Vinod said leaving.

The discussion I had with Vinod made me think. Is Vinod correct? Does true love exist only in movies or novels? Do I need to take a chance? Do I need to express myself before her? Somehow I did not feel convincing. I am in a dilemma. I could not make any decision.

"Go" Vinod said one day. "Tell her. Who knows she might also be thinking in the same way"

"But.."

"Don't think too much. I respect your thoughts. Whatever you say is good to listen but it does not happen in practical world. Be practical. Just use your brain"

I started thinking of it. May be Vinod is right. I am thinking too much. I must take a chance. Finally I decided to take one last chance on the Valentine's Day.

But, Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans. You never know what lies ahead…

Post Thanks / Like
    Chapter Nine

January 25th, 2005.

I decided to propose to Priya on Valentines Day. But everything does not happen as you like. Today my PM called me and told that I need to fly to USA for my project before this weekend. I need to report in USA on Monday, January 31st. I have waited for this onsite opportunity from the day I joined Infosys. But as the onsite opportunity stands before me I don’t feel like leaving Hari Priya and going to onsite.

"Congrats. This calls for a party" Priya said when I told her about the onsite.

"Sure" I said. I am with mixed feelings. But the sadness of leaving Priya has overtaken the joy of going to onsite.

"So, for how many months are you going?" She asked.

"I don't know. It’s a long term assignment. I am going to Hyderabad tomorrow. My parents are waiting for me. There is lot of shopping left" I said.

"We will not be meeting after today" she said sadly.

"The flight is on Saturday night. It goes through Mumbai. The time between the connecting flights is four hours. You can come to airport if you want" I said.

"I will definitely come to the airport. You will not leave from India without my farewell" she said.

I left to Hyderabad the next day. I was busy with all the shopping those three days in Hyderabad. Its winter time in USA. So, most of my shopping list included the items required to save myself from the cold out there in USA. My mom packed all the Indian food items that last for at least two months. My accommodation has been taken care by my friends there in abroad. My parents became very excited about me going to onsite. They felt very happy for me. But I was not happy. I was not at all excited.

"What happened?" Mom asked me. "Why are you so dull?"

"Nothing" I said. I did not tell anyone about Priya. I don't know what Priya thinks of me. There is no point in telling my parents about her without knowing what's in Priya's mind.

January 29th, 2005.

At last the day of my travel came. I left Hyderabad after a very sentimental farewell from parents and relatives. Flight reached Mumbai at 6:40 PM. The connecting flight to Amsterdam is at 12:50 AM. From Amsterdam, there is another connecting flight to Detroit. I completed the formalities and rushed towards visitors lounge. I searched for Priya. I did not see her. I waited. I waited for TEN minutes. But those ten minutes seemed like ten hours.

"Hi...” I heard Priya after those painful ten minutes.

"Why are you late?" I shouted at her.

"Why are you shouting? If I had shouted every time you came late, I would have lost my voice by now" She said with a bit of anger in her voice.

"I am sorry. I came here and did not find you. I became so sad and I thought I will leave without meeting you" I said.

"I already told you that you will not leave India without meeting me" She said smiling.

"By the way… Why are you late?" I asked.

"Traffic jam. You know this Mumbai traffic… But now you are going to onsite. You will get rid of this." She said.

I am leaving. I am leaving Priya. I am leaving those golden days when we spent together. I am leaving those times when we had minor fights with each other and apologizing to each other the next minute, the days I always used to come late and Priya used to shout at me, the days when we used to travel to Mumbai together, the days of happiness, the days when we were the only two in our world. I am leaving my most valuable gift.

"What happened? What are you thinking?" Priya asked.

"Nothing…" I said. My eyes were filled with tears.

"Hey, you are crying" She said.

I could not speak. She took my hand in her hand.

"Don't worry. Everything will be alright" She said and gave her handkerchief.

"I am sorry. I became a bit emotional" I said. "By the way when is your VISA getting processed?"

"It’s in the process. I may get it in a month or two" she said.

"So, Do Wipro has any clients near New York?" I asked. I am going to Hartford. It’s nearly hundred miles away from New York City.

"Yeah... But my client is in Dallas" She said. "Dallas is very far from your place"

I did not care. I want her to be in USA very soon. Those four hours flew like four minutes.

"Now its time for me to leave" I said. I heard the announcement to appear for security check for passengers traveling to Amsterdam by Northwest Airlines.

"All the Best. I will miss you" she said holding my hand. Tears were rolling down her cheeks. She was crying.

I took her hand in my hand, gave her a tight hug and left the place. I did not turn back. If I turn back, I know that I cannot board the plane. That's my last meeting with Priya.

"Bye... Priya. Bye... India"

"Welcome to United States of America"

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast