Page 4 of 150 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast

Thread: IR News and Other Titbits

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Hulkster's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crvenky

If you’ve forgotten how love, the sensual languor of it, feels like, listen to the music of Cheeeni Kam. Three of the four song sequences form a seamless, musical dialogue, a throbbing blend of 1970s cabaret, jazz and symphony.
    I am already excited after hearing the word jazz and symphony coming together...get ready for cheeni kum

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Veteran Hubber rajasaranam's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Inimaey naangathaan to hit theatres soon http://www.hindu.com/2006/12/13/stor...1304240200.htm

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    RS,

I head P Vasu talk on sun tv reg chinna thambi. this was sometime back..he said he went to the studio and the songs were composed in 30 mins.

I remember the unchan thala song where vasu said as soon as the situation was explained..raja started to sing the tune..

Senior Member Regular Hubber Vkrish's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Casually came across this link...and surprised to see the recognition given to Tiruvasagam in the external Link portions
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oratorio

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    VKrish,

Did you see the "edit this page" link in the page ?

Anybody can add/ modify the wikipedia.
    For example, I have now modified "Thiruvasakam" to "Thiruvaaasakam" there.
    Just for a demo. Please change it back

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    About "Inimae Naangadhan" on rediff:

http://in.rediff.com/movies/2006/dec/20south.htm

thanks,

Krishnan

Post Thanks / Like
    Here are some snippets from Maestro's interview in Kalakaumudi (Malayalam).

Memories of his birth place:

There was a drama theatre in my hometown. I have seen many dramas there. You know the theatre name? Gandhiji’s Progressive Union for Untouchability Eradication. Many stalwarts like TR Mahalingam, Kittappa, etc have played in dramas here.

Another memory is hearing the gramophone record in our village for the first time. The first gramophone we heard in our village was DK Pattammal’s rendition of ‘Eppadi paadinaro’ - t was even the first in my life too. You wont belive – people got together as if it was a big festival in our village. Nobody was home that day! Then there was a big commotion – everybody wanted to see the face of the people singing!! They asked ‘where are you hiding these people, ask them to come out, let us see them once’. Nobody believed that it was composed by one person, sung by another, instrumented played by a group and recorded by somebody else.

Maestro’s early venture in Malayalam:

Q: Which was your first film in Malayalam?

A: There was a Tamil film called ‘Policekaran Magal’. It was remade in Malayalam. It was composed in Tamil by MSV-TKR. The music was of top class! MSV-TKR were like my gurus. How can I compose better than what they did? I was amazed. I was afraid to compose each and every song. Then somehow I managed to finish the songs.

Q: Which was the first song?

A: Poovadikalil alayum then ilam kaatre, Pani neer mazhayil kulir kori nilpu gnan.

Q: That song by S.Janaki was one of the melodious numbers in Malayalam.

A. I am glad. Even before that, I had done a movie in Malayalam called Aaru Manikkoor. I think there were 3 songs in the movie. But it was never released.

Q: So, your first Malayalam movie was Vyamoham. Do you have any memorable event in that movie?

A: Vyamoham’s producer has not paid me to this day. Though this was my first experience in Malayalam, I am very happy that I earned many good hearts who treated me as their own brother. I am always indebted to them.

Favourite songs:

Q: When you think about your Malayalam songs, are there any songs which comes to your mind instantly?

A: Yes, there are many. My first song Poovadikalil, Puzhayorathil poonthoni yethilla, Thumbi vaa thumba kudathil, Devasangeetham, Aatrin karayorathil, etc etc. The list is endless. The origin of Devasangeetham is different, it’s a class apart. All songs in Guru are like that. Those songs were not created by me, it occurred to me on a divine moment.

Q: Your favourite songs in Tamil?

A: If I start saying, there is no end to it. Jaya TV wanted to produce a show about me. They wanted 25 best songs of mine. How can I choose? I gave the responsibility to them (to choose). The choosing was very difficult. They came to me with the final list. The committee had come up with a list of 250 songs instead of 25! What shall I do? The program was of 4 hours duration only. They discussed amongst themselves and came up finally with a list of 100 songs.

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    On GURU, we have to agree. What is interesting is that here in an interview to Malayalee medium, he is less stiffer, less rigid than he has been to the tamil media.
    "If I start saying, there is no end to it...". I think if a Tamil magazine had asked he would given the usual "how can I choose from my own offspring" phiosophical ditty

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi, I have uploaded the entire copy of Kalakaumudi interview here:

http://rapidshare.com/files/9638358/...rview.zip.html

If you can't read Malayalam, you can enjoy some nice pictures in the article.

Post Thanks / Like
    Courtesy " Margazhi Maha utsavam " aired by Jaya TV almost on all days (at 6.30 am ) of this auspicious month [ December music season]:
    During Sanjay Subramanian's concert, there was an interactive session with the Rasikas.
    See below a conversation between Sanjay and one of the Rasikas
    Rasika : Eppidi ungaLaala ivaLo kashtamaana Carnatic isaiyil paandithvam pera mudindhadhu?
    Sanjay - Actualaa ippo naangaL onnum perusa saadhithuvidavillai. Munnor [ Thyagarajar, Dikshadhar pondror kadavuL aruLaal compose panni vaithu vitta arumaiyaana paadaLgalai thaan naangaL innamum paadi kondu irukkirom. Adhanaal perumai avargaLaiye serum.
    rasika - appo neengaLum avargaLai pol yen paadalgaL iyatri paada koodaadhu?l

Here comes the reply from the horse's mouth
    Sanjay - naan isaigyani ILaiyarajavai pol sangeetha gyanam kondirundhaal paadalgaL compose panni iruppen.

Page 4 of 150 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast