Page 3 of 141 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: YSR's New Albums - Version 2006

Senior Member Diamond Hubber MADDY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sloshed
    The 'jazz' song to a popluar movie is an experimentaion... and now why would that be? .
    * The movie is a love story
    * The song isnt an introductory song for the popular hero
    ok, list me the movies where HJ had given innovative,different genre music for title tracks.......or list me any movie that Jazz intro song in tamil??? and it is Jazz, my dear frnd, it was confirmed by many music experts.......

did he attract any serious music buffs.. no he went straight into the minds of youngsters.. simple...uncomplicated foot tapping music... and it was lapped up by many who 'didnt' understand the nuances and made him what you just called the fan base.... (talking about fan base..visited 'song of the year thread' explains a lot now ...!!))
    dude, u conveniently tend to forget the Bombay Theme music, Duet album, Minsara Kanavu, Dil se, Sangamam, Kizhakku cheemayile.....these werent just foot tapping youth loving songs.....they had uniquness written al over it......now tell me where has HJ come up with such albums in his first 6 years???

And please no sweat about his lack of fan base.. if only Ranji ..or IR ..or ARR thought about it when they exploded the scene...or you think tfmage is the mirror replica of the stats!
    boss, again within 6 years the kinda of fan base IR,ARR or a Rajini had was earth shattering to say the least......HJ is not a new comer as u suggest, he has been here for 6 years, dont u think he shud have a decent fan base by now??

see, i'm not telling HJ is not talented......he is talented.....but he shuld innovate more........he shuld try new things........moreover, just bcos HJ and U1 give more hits than IR and ARR now, doesent mean they are greater than them.........unneccessary comparison of ARR with the upcoming MDs shuld be avoided......

and i cant agree more on YSR reducing quantity and work on quality....
    _________
    Rahman's music is the ringtone on God's mobile phone

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Veteran Hubber dinesh2002's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    hmmm...its funny u said there isnt any other Hit songs from Varalaaru and SOK.... ive been seeing Suntv playing Dhinam Deepavali,Kama Karayile, Innisai & Kaatril songs beeing played through out the day.....esp Kaatril....they played it very often in a day...

SOK....JIllunu oru kadhal,Machakari, Munbe Va,New York Nagaram..these were the hits in the album....ofcource, ive noticed they only play Machkari & Munbe Va.... and as u know,they cant play Jilunnu Oru Kadhal as it was used as the BGM for the credit,that too in a diff version... NEw York is played in local radio quite often enough to be called a fav among the massess....

Dirs def play a huge role in a MD's success,if not y do u think they alwiz mention about a combo between a dir & md ?? [ Selva & YSR, ARR & MR/Shankar, HJ & Gautham] ??they will be able to know ur capabilty and extract that hidden magic within u into a song... i notice this happened in many combo,without failing EVERYTIME... proof to me that any of the above mentioned combo ever failed??

about Anniyan, a pause button between ARR & Shankar, infact, a huge hit in the year 2005... that didint motivate Shankar to use HJ for Shivaji, knowing his 'home' is alwiz ARR.... Anniyan songs were nothing but compilation of previous ARR-Shankar songs, thats what actually that album moved into a huge hit in tamil....

with HJ songs beeing a huge hit nowdays,i would say its ARR style & music that is living !again & again....thanks to HJ!!

again here im not saying HJ is nothing but ARR's clone, he has composed many good songs,and his songs r very catchy,but i think he needs more depth in his songs... seriously i feel Partha Mudhal naal lacks many many elements that a love song needs.... its a hit,yes,but seriously,something is missing.....i dunno wut....

and BACK TO THE ACTUALY TOPIC OF THE THREAD..... YSR on the other hand is not having any promising dirs in hand except Selva...his non-selva songs r beeing repetitive & jaring.... there is where he loses out to HJ...Hj can provide any types/variety to any dirs...and churn out a HIT,which what is the big deal now... but again his most powerful onces again appear in Gautham's albums....

wat u guys think ??
    Madhushree's HERO (Tamil Version) feat. Tale Spin, Lyrics by me : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TqPYBSABOWc

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MADDY
    YSR fans, please suggest any changes in the Intro post......any correction, addition, subtraction, i would be more than happy to do it......
    Maddy,

i think yuvan is the one who is introduced the HIP-HOP style to TFM.

and he is the one who exploited the RAP music well.

these are my opinions.

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Guys,

u1's some of the albums this year

1)kalvanin kadhali

2)pattiyal

3)AIBI

4)pudhupettai

5)thimiru

6)vallavan

7)paruthiveeran

You can see the variety in the all these films. each and every album has different genres and different styles of music. please compare the styles of music in these albums. all are entirely different.
    (for ex PP, PV, AIBI music styles are not in any other u1 movie. may be some of the songs in KK, Pattiyal, vallavan has same style.other than that all are different colors of music.). Even though he is experimenting lot, he is able to give the hits.that is fantastic guys. what else u expect? did u see any IR or ARR style in these albums? i think no.

regarding AIBI, PP,

TN is unable to recognise the new genre of quality music.(may be because of these films are not reached well.). u1's fault is that he is not selecting the proper films IMO.( judge may oppose this). he is not doing the experimentations in the appropriate films.

Dnt forget guys U1 is King of BGM. in this dept, he is challenging the another king of BGM IR.

Totally 1 film in 1 year. 2 hit songs. he is better than u1????? unbelivable.

in popularity/Hit wise HJ is competiting with u1. HJ is giving some memorable melodies.that is fact. but talent wise HJ is nowhere near u1. u1 is in diff league IMO. that is also fact.

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Vasanth2006,
    Actually it was rahman to bring hip hop and rap to tfm.True that YSR uses it alot more than rahman,but it was rahman who brought it into tfm long ago.

Post Thanks / Like
    slbperson...
    sorry to have ignored your post ... I overlooked yours for Maddy's...
    I wished I hadnt seen it at all... you look like another mindless basher of HJ... to quote from you ....

1)That is why his songs are hits because he is good at mimicry
    2)The songs were a washout with the masses until the picturization and the result of the movie
    3)Vallavan is better than any HJ album except for Minnale

I think any amount of writing from me is not gonna help the cause esp after your third arguement .. why did you exclude Minnale ..wasnt it 'mimicrified' from the song notes written in ARR's toilet seat cover?
    Maddy,
    let me be very clear here. I will not and never compare HJ to ARR. Just becos HR is giving multiple hits in hindi nobody is gonna raise him above RDB or SDB.

My critque of ARR (in tamil) will be that
    why is that his songs arent what used to be? (adhering to the fact that whenever you want to quote from him look at the period of the movies you have quoted...what pre 2002??)

I dont tell me its in the name of experimentation and now he is beyond commercial successes... I think everyone needs it and he needs it badly as well. You should look at his face when he lit up so enthusiastically for SOK , now varalaru would put him in high spirits. I wont blame the music quality of varalaru on ARR rather on KSR.
    Its just that I am against people branding HJ as nuthing like slperson said.. vallavan better than any HJ album ..or like dinesh quoted... anniyan is a compliation of ARR songs and thats why is a huge hit...or like Shankar didnt go back to HJ after that ..so ARR is greatest.... MR.MANI didnt go back to IR after Anjali...so Anjali was crap??

Now i can compare U1 with HJ becos they both are under the influence ARR and IR. Agreed U1 is better in the BGM department. if BGM is the only yardstick then IR will be only MD in tfmpage. Unfortunately its the sons which dictate the success of the MD not the BGM. Average movie goers dont understand what a BGM is. And U1 isnt short of opportunites... take Sandai Kohzi .. take thimiru ... the songs... I wuouldnt have cried foul if somebody told me the music was by deva or SAR. He could have taken the movie to great heights. He didnt.. and then he comes up with remixes which are hardly ear catchy.. I think the folks at Yogi B ..can do awesome remixes than him. Youvan needs to give more AA,KNM,RAM.... that was super stuff... 2006 was a terrible year for him .. and he needs to bounce back asap... Vijay antony and GVPrakash are knowcking the door harddddd...

Senior Member Diamond Hubber MADDY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by vasanth2006
    Maddy,

i think yuvan is the one who is introduced the HIP-HOP style to TFM.

and he is the one who exploited the RAP music well.

these are my opinions.
    done .....check the into post now...

Sloshed, u seem to be the man for "HJ-vukku mariyadhai"..........hmmmmm fair enuf, but wat to do, he has to stop all these things by composing for classics......now dont tell me VV and Ullam Ketkumae are classics.......i meant a Duet for ARR, Sindhu Bhairavi for IR or something like that......giving popular stuff only will invite criticism, he has to give class music...... .....also he has to stop being similar to ARR.......otherwise Dinesh wont keep quiet.... ......my prescription for HJ (pyaar se):

1. Compose Classics
    2. Be different from ARR....

U1 escapes with his classy BGM........so theres something classy abt him atleast....
    _________
    Rahman's music is the ringtone on God's mobile phone

Senior Member Diamond Hubber ajaybaskar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by xml
    YSR is aheadof ARR.
    I have already mentioned about ARR's copied songs from YSR.
    Just remind for YSR critisizers.
    Kunnoru poochatti(Velai)>>>Dolna(Parasuram)
    Oru nenjam illaNalil(Dheena)>>>Smaiyai(Kandu kondein)
    Idu Kadala(TI)>>>New York(Sillunu Oru Kadal)
    YSR the award winner for RAM in Cyprus.

Come out of the well before critisize others.
    Malaikkum maduvukkum mudichu podatheenga nanba...

Dheena was released after kandukonden
    Parasuram songs were composed after pudhiya mugam. the movie was shot late.
    Idhu kaadhalavukum new york nagarathukkum ennappa sambandham?
    I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it.

- Bernard Shaw

Senior Member Veteran Hubber dinesh2002's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    sloshed, 1st of all,u need to accept the other part of HJ, yes...i agree with the facts u say on HJ...

HJ gives blockbuster audio hits now
    Hj totthethellam hit aigirum
    Hj songs r very catchy & hummable

tell me a person who would say Anniyan has the unique HJ stamp all over it... !! ?? they would probably say it sounds very ARRIsh or "i taut it was ARR?" if im not mistaken, Shankar did some additional programming on the songs... do confirm after checkin the inlay card of Anniyan cd....i never said Shankar never works with HJ again bcoz ARR is the greatest... but wut i meant was ARR is the 1 that could satisfy Shankar's need in difference... a very good example compare each & every album of Shankar-ARR...u will never find the same type of songs... Anniyan could be easily said Mudhalvan part 2...album wise.....

about MR - IR, im not commenting anything... coz i wasnt there when that combo rocked !! not sure y MR dun even wanna use IR even once after Roja..... Anjali was a good album...the BGM rrocked!!!

newayz.... as maddy said...he is already in the field for 6 years.... he needs some classy albums/songs.... ARR had a DUET & Karuthamma albums in his 3rd year in the industry....im expecting a decent class album in Pachakili Muthucharam... lets wait & watch....
    Madhushree's HERO (Tamil Version) feat. Tale Spin, Lyrics by me : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TqPYBSABOWc

Post Thanks / Like
    nobody doing anything to revive Yuvan's thread so I take the liberty to discuss about HJ and ARR and Yuvan...

Maddy...
    you mentiond HJ has to stop all this by composing classics...are you sure you arent confusing classic with classical....

even if you meant classic... for arguement sake...will tfm ever have another classic ? a classic driven by music....history has always favoured classics where movie content has more weightage...and almost all songs associated with them are hits...seldom rarely it happens the other way around...
    Looking at the classics in my shelf..
    Sindhu Bhairavi ...
    Mouna Ragam
    Salangai Oli
    Idayathai thirudathey
    Alaipayuthey
    dil se
    Nayagan
    Varusham 16
    Thillu Mullu
    Iruvar ..
    An MD doesnt decide a classic .. he can only aid the process... an example Kathal Kottai.. its a classic in TF industry, songs?? more examples sethu .. pithamagan... Now can songs carry the film and make it a classic .. closest when it was done was in 'Kathal Ovyiam' and maybe 'Idhyam oru Kovil' but they fell short .....

I dont think tamil movie industry can produce a classic.. I think the audience are grown out of it.. even if a sindhu bhairavi is to be made today ..it would be rejected outright.... women have now tv's to sit and cry thru...

All that the MD's can do right now is produce popular music.. HJ is doing fine at that ....
    As far as copying ARR...what can I say ... I think HJ is now at a position where u can identify his songs from the rest.. just as ARR used to be...

Dinesh ... so whats ARR about Anniyan again ..???? If you still want to start with Kumari .. go ahead I wont argue with you more ... Kathal Yanai ??? Randakka? Kannum Kannum ???? Aiyengar ?? what is ARR in Anniyan??

And please rest easy .. nobody told me 'that they thought it was by ARR... which is both boon and a blessing....Anniyan could be easily mudhalvan part 2 ????? I dont where you get this assumption.... I dont want to point out rank ordinary songs in ARR-Shankar combinations .. lets leave that aside for a while...

And btw .. I am suprised to Duet included in Classics ?? I thought Dil se will be in your list... Duest wasnt a class movie wise.. and musicswise.. with 'kulicha Kuttralam .. Katharika ....' doesnt help its cause in becoming a classic.. if you claim that they are superhit songs.. then it just falls in the popular genre.. the only usp is the vivid use of saxophone .. a first in tam movies.... I think songwise.. Minsara Kanavu KKKK..Rythm...Dil se will fit the bill ...

Page 3 of 141 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast