Page 2 of 141 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: YSR's New Albums - Version 2006

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    "Would be nice if we can avoid comparisions, YSR ***can be*** good, without even comparing him with ARR or HJ or any other MD "

Absolutely. I would say that Yuvan has indeed proved himself with several good albums in the last three or four years. His music in Arindhum Ariyamalum was top class, IMO. He has also composed catchy numbers in Kadhal Kondein, Dheena, Rishi, 7G Rainbow Colony, among several others. He is a good MD.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Vishnus' next outing after SARVAM planned with AJITH.Atlast some real big movies for YSR.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber MrJudge's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Music4Ever
    According to Behindwoods Harris is ahead of Yuvan and ARR is rated above Harris!!
    Yeah, as if their views reflect the true picture Agreed, Harris has done better than all other MDs commercially this year. But looking at the number of albums and varieties delivered, Yuvan outscores everybody else. I think it is good to see both of them winning in tfm and keeping the rest out. You know what I mean?

Quote Originally Posted by rajaalltheway
    Vishnus' next outing after SARVAM planned with AJITH.Atlast some real big movies for YSR.
    Don't believe it unless the project starts and the crew starts working after the official announcement.
    'யுவன் இன்றி ஓரணுவும் அசையாது!'

Senior Member Veteran Hubber dinesh2002's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    seriously did YSR had any hits this year?? dun remember so... judge man, there were OTHER mds who had bigger hits than YSR this year! dun belive me ??

1.Unnai Kandene - Parijatham
    2.Vaala meenaku - CP
    3.Dailamore - Dhishoom

there r more ... but this 3 would be enuf to show that OTHER mds did BETTER than YSR....

ohh...4got to mention...another Mega Hit of 2006 were Sillunu Oru Kadhal & Varalaaru songs.... vaiyiru eyirume..... ...

fact'te pesurara...aiyo aiyo...ore thamasa iruke....!!!
    Madhushree's HERO (Tamil Version) feat. Tale Spin, Lyrics by me : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TqPYBSABOWc

Post Thanks / Like
    "Yeah, as if their views reflect the true picture "

I just pointed out one source. You are free to point out to other sources having a different PoV. It will be good for a discussion, rather than a unilateral claim from you saying that "as if all their views ..."

"Agreed, Harris has done better than all other MDs commercially this year. "

Harris has done the best commercially in the last two to three years, I would say. Look at the formidable list which goes Kaaka Kaaka, Chellame, Ullam Ketkume, Anniyan, Ghajini, Vettayadu Velayadu. It is impressive.

"But looking at the number of albums and varieties delivered, Yuvan outscores everybody else. "

What do you mean variety? Looking at it any which way, Harris seems to shine all the way. People say lack of variety, nursery rhymish, hit because of good directors etc etc. But the bottom line is that his albums have been hugely popular, although I personally don't prefer most of his type of songs. Some of them, of course, I do like.

"I think it is good to see both of them winning in tfm and keeping the rest out."

No doubt the competition is between the two and no doubt that Harris is leading, IMO. Yuvan needs to come up with a cracker of an album or even two or three to neutralize Harris's influence on young people.

"You know what I mean?"

Please say explicitly. I don't want to read minds. You see what I mean?

Post Thanks / Like
    2006 hits for YSR
    Pattiyal & Vallavan

Yes Rahman is in his own league.He continuously makes new songs (as in tries to differentiate from his previous works) this is why he scores higher than HJ & YSR

why behindwoods put HJ in front of YSR?becuz of his consistency as far as hits are concerned.Why are his songs hits?because of the directors he works with.yes one or two will actually sound good but the album is lifted once the movie is a hit.HJ music always has that deja vu feel to it.either from his bgm or from rahmans works.HJ is known for using his songs over and over and using the same bgm for more than one film.

YSR hits the spot once inawhile as far as creativity is concerned (experimentation) yes he makes good music.but he stays within his shell most of the time.Yes he does good hip hop tamil mixing.but he doesnt move away from it when he tries to westernize songs.they all have the same feel.with two exceptions Lusu pennai and Eno Kangal.I want to see him tryin to experiment with that genre more like these songs.

Post Thanks / Like
    Slbperson,

When you say Rahman is on a different league.... I dont understand .... Actually I find Rahman struggling to catch up with the league he set it up in the furst place... I dont see different songs from him... where did you see any 'Different songs ' in varalaru? Anbe Aruyire? SOK?
    Apart from the enuf said 'two' songs from SOK.. that album is not 'mah precious' .. I dont think other than those two songs any other song is even played on TV ..let on reach the masses...and other than 'Innisai' ..I dont find a single hit song in Varalaru ?? .. less said about Ah AHH.. the better ...where is this talk of supersit songs and trying to differeniate/integrate business??? ahhh...wait a min.. these werent superhits becos the movies were flops... that tells me..even ARR's music needs the movie to be hits...sadly folks.!!

One thing I agree though is Rahman is more talented than any of the current MD's around.. But that doesnt gurantee him superhits songs on the strength of it.. otherwise.. IR would be still on top....

Coming to HJ... so why are his songs hit??
    Funny you should point 1)directors !!! ....Now why didnt we ever point fingers when MR and Shanker stuck to ARR ....giving him superhits one after the other.... working with directors isnt anybody's fault....and yes.. MD's would be more happy to have their songs hits after their movie is released .. then they know they have exactly given the song for the situations...classica case ...'ayaa veedu' from Mathukulu Mariyathai... didnt that song fit the place to the T....
    I have already wrote enuf about the 'Variety thingy' in my previous posts.. i dont want to repeat any of it here...

HJ is what ARR was some years back... his music is trendy and catchy instantly...youth now easily relate to him....simple... take an ordinary tune like 'nerupe ' or even 'rangola' ... pakcage it well.. add the special sounds ..an lo and behold.. we have a hit/... he is definitely getting more clever these days....

YSR to me hasnt proved himself... he is just a flash which occurs once in a while... where is the consistency YSR....??? I dont want to fall into blind IR worship whatsoever...let himprove himself by giving us a couple of AA... look at the junk he has given these days... 'KD...Vallavan...PV... and certainly I dont consider Vallavan as masterpiece.. if somebody does.. then so be it... seriously TFM need a 'followers'shakeup.. at one hand we have exciting talent such as ..Vijay antony .. joshua ...Prakash..charan... and on the other we see.. srikanth deva getting more chances than Vijay antony...phew!!! YSR needs to get out of his remix business.. and give us songs which will be in your hearts...and off course he has the talent for that!!

Post Thanks / Like
    sloshed,
    Rahman is in a different league.Show me another person who tries to do a song like "Jillunnu oru Kadhal" "Machakari" "new york nagaram" show me another person who makes a song like "theeyil vizhundhu" show me another person who does a song like "yakkai thiri." etc etc and if you do i bet they only try it after rahman has proved that type of song can be a hit.No one dare to experiment like he does.If he wanted he can do what HJ does and that is stick to what is known to be a hit.But he is way passed that now and wants to do better things. Ah Aah - the title song,mayilrage, thazhuvadhu.what else do you want?

As for HJ all he is doing is what Rahman did in the mid to late 90's.He is not doing anything different.that is why lots of people dont think much of him.He is just a high class deva.That is why his songs are hits because he is good at mimicry.He has nothing that distinguishes him.He just remakes rahmans classics.His songs aren't raves until after the movie is released EXCEPT Minnale

The reason we didnt point at Rahman is the same reason we didnt point at YSR or any others.Their songs become hits even before the movie releases.Any Mani, Shankar, Selvaraghavan combo the songs are hits even before the release of the movie.Has nothing to do with picturization and the end result of the movie. ie: Boys & Pudhupettai.

But when you look at HJ.He teamed up with Shankar.The songs were a washout with the masses until the picturization and the result of the movie.

You even agreed that HJ is what rahman was some years back.And i mean that literally.HJ just mimicks.

And i said YSR comes in flashes so i dont see why u made a long winded answer for that portion.Vallavan is better than any HJ album except for Minnale.Whose following?I think IR isnt all that.So stop assuming before you talk.

Senior Member Diamond Hubber MADDY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    hey sloshed, i didnt want to discuss ARR in a YSR thread but u have made me do so....u want experimentation?? dont u realise the difference in sounds between his 90's song and today's songs?? he also experiments a lot nowadays.....imagine a jazz song as title track for a popular tamil hero's film......thats innovation 4 u....actually he is above commercial success/failures bcos of his humungous fan base......watever he does, we'll support him and will not let him fall atleast musically......

HJ - certainly needs to show variety in rythms and sounds........his albums are lapped up by general ppl. who are not aware of musical nuances and just play music in cars/parties/get togethers......and mind u, he doesent have a fan base like tat of ARR's or IR's......so if he falls, he will stay fallen......and dont tell me HJ is wat ARR was some years back......ARR had composed a Bombay Theme, a Duet, a Sangamam by this time.......even if he is like ARR some years back, then wats so special and unique abt him?? the day e gives some innovative non-rahmanish music, i'll be the first person to appreciate him......

Yuvan is a very good talent, listen to his Paruthi veeran.....its so different.......i like the way this guy wants to sound different from ARR........though U1 has many advantages over HJ, he is still a better prospect than HJ and will stay bcos of his fan base and IR fan base........
    _________
    Rahman's music is the ringtone on God's mobile phone

Post Thanks / Like
    Jazz song as a title song for a popular hero's movie - Experimentation!!!

Okie furst things furst!! - Why is that folks @tfmpage immediately jump to 'jazz' conclusion whenever there is a trumpet and a base .... Can u please change ur conclusion to a tamil song with a hint of 'jazz' feel.. or let me know I will send you links to classical Jazz..

Secondly ... The 'jazz' song to a popluar movie is an experimentaion... and now why would that be? .
    * The movie is a love story
    * The song isnt an introductory song for the popular hero
    Had this been a violent..action oriented theme.. and ARR chose to be different (Like what Shivaji's intro song promises to) ..then I would adhere to the fact that was an experimentation... Lets face it.. nobody experiments anymore...not even IR..

HJ - music.. lapped up by general people who doesnt understand the nuances of music.... and played only in parties/cars blah blah blah...
    Unfortunately for you there are too many people who dont understand the nuances of music in TN...
    I just cant be bewildered by your outrageos statement about people.. if I remember correct...the same arguemnet was used by defender of IR when ARR broke into the scene... did he attract any serious music buffs.. no he went straight into the minds of youngsters.. simple...uncomplicated foot tapping music... and it was lapped up by many who 'didnt' understand the nuances and made him what you just called the fan base.... (talking about fan base..visited 'song of the year thread' explains a lot now ...!!))

HJ is doing just that .. he is uncomplicated and raises the bar when required... and captures the youth a very big way ... one particular mention .. the song 'Oru Nathi' from Samurai... saw it performed on stage by some studentson stage in California recently ..rocked the auditoirium..!! I dont think somebody with 'no real talent' could compose something like that...And please no sweat about his lack of fan base.. if only Ranji ..or IR ..or ARR thought about it when they exploded the scene...or you think tfmage is the mirror replica of the stats!
    Yuvan as I said... may have serious fan base bocos of his genius father.. (unfortunately his genes are in more infamously intact in his brother KR)... but seriously needs to cut down on the number of moives and concentrate on quality... he should know who his target audiences are...and play it to them... I think tfm looks more healthy now with the arrival of Prakash and Charan ( the one in Parijatham)... YSR isnt going to have it easy ... forget trying to be like his dad... his dad is out of reach for anybody.... In this age you either play it to the youngsters or pack your bags... sorry state .. but then its been like this for sometime now...

Page 2 of 141 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast