Thread: voice with star value

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

voice with star value

She has lent her voice to many heroine of Malayalam cinema. She even talks and cries for them in tele-serials. The voice with star value belongs to Bhagyalekshmi, the popular artiste, settled in Thiruvananthapuram.
    Bhagya started dubbing at the age of ten. “KoLILAKKAM” IS THE first film which I dubbed for the heroine, Sumalatha. Prem Nazir and Jayabharathi gave me rs.51” she remembers. This artiste however took dubbing seriously only after the success of NOKKETHA DOORATHU KANNUM NETTU (KARPPORA MULLAI IN TAMIL) when she dubbed for Nadia moidu. She has lent her voice for Menaka, Parvathi, Karthika, Bhanu Priya, Suhasini, Urvasi, Renjini, Sobhana, AMALA, Revathi, Tabu, Samyukta Varma, Soundarya, Sanggeetha, GEthu Mohandas, Divya Unni, Pooja Batra, Lekshmi Gopalswami etc. She lent her voice for Mnju Warrier for Sallapam and later the actress decided to deliver dialogues herself. Mew faces like Navya need none to dub. “I am not interested in dubbing for less important characters and for heroines who are in their teens” she explains.

Though a native of Palakkad, Bhagyalekshmi had her education at Chennai. Her career spreads over three decades. “The dubbing scenario has changed completely. Now we have the freedom to improvise. Earlier all the artistes sit together, and deliver dialogues” recalls Bhagya.

WE have the track system One need not wait for the other. Then and now we are not provided the facility to listen to the dialogues before the film reaches theatre. I am very choosy. This profession lacks glamour and recognition. Most of the stars are not at all bothered. They don’t care who dubs for them, and have the audacity to say that they themselves delivered the dialogues. Some non-malayali stars even go to the extent of saying that they jotted the dialogues in their mother tongue and delivered them” she said.
    IF it is a horror story, the director has no second thought. Her screams, shrieks, and laughter chill the blood. In Hitler she dubbed for Sobhana and vani Viswanath.

“The best is yet to come. If the actress has performed really well, it is tough to dub. I FOUND IT TOUGH to dub for Sobhana, in MANICHITRATHAZH, AND AGNI SAAKKSHI & FOR AMALA IN ENTE SOORYA PUTRIKKU, AND ULLADAKKOM. When dubbing for ulladakkom I was expecting my second son. The work began two days before the delivery date. Amala was kind enough to scream for me” she said.

She is the recipient of the State Award for the best dubbing artiste.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement