Page 11 of 49 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Astrological Knowledge for better and meaningful life

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Walrus,

Will look into it...
    “The real contest is always between what you've done and what you're capable of doing. You measure yourself against yourself and nobody else.” - Geoffrey Gaberino

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Regular Hubber Ilavenil's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by hehehewalrus
    Anyway, as long as e-vaayans continue to patronise these fellows, they will continue to push india back by 200 years into the dark ages, call it "progress/scientific thinking" or whatever you wish
    I think you should practise astrology walras, because you have predicted perfectly!

For Jaiganes,

What I meant by science was, irrespective of who adds 1+1 it should be 2. So, if astrology is taught in schools, all students must be able to predict the samething and it should happen too.

Prediction on losing money in stock market doesn't make any sense because people born in different time, date and place lost tons of money in stock market. Hope astrologers don't predict that we will work in the morning and sleep at night.

What about Tsunami? Why didn't these scientists (astrologist) predict it? Dec. 29, 2004 — NOAA scientists at the Pacific Tsunami Warning Center in Hawaii went to work within minutes of getting a seismic signal that an earthquake occurred off the west coast of Northern Sumatra, Indonesia. NOAA scientists then began an effort to notify countries about the possibility that a tsunami may have been triggered by the massive 9.0 undersea earthquake. But, we still lost lives only because we didn't have similar system to monitor earthquakes in Indian Ocean. This is what I meant by reproducibility of science. Where ever there is seismic monitor, you could predict events like earthquake.

Moreover the people who died due to tsumani were not born on the same time, date or even country to have same fate. But, it did happen. Why?
    thamizhil ezhuththup pizhai irunthal mannithu thiruththavum.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilavenil
    What I meant by science was, irrespective of who adds 1+1 it should be 2. So, if astrology is taught in schools, all students must be able to predict the samething and it should happen too.
    Though 1+1 =2, we used to get a number of different answers for the same mathematics problem when I was in school... I mean in exams...The rules are the same ,the teaching is the same...but Y did we get different answers?...This is just coz the understanding of diff ppl varies...Likewise,in astrology,the problem is with intrepreting & not with the basics...

Where ever there is seismic monitor, you could predict events like earthquake.
    This is NEWS to me... I've not heard of any accurate predictions about earthquakes so far except for one ...China earthquake of 1975, when an evacuation warning was issued the day before a 7.3mag earthquake...

Moreover the people who died due to tsumani were not born on the same time, date or even country to have same fate. But, it did happen. Why?
    Being born on the same day,time etc doesn't mean U'll have the same fate... & being born on diff date,time etc doesn't mean U can't die on the same day in a single disaster... If U need to understand all these (fate etc) U need to read a lot to find it out for urself...Only when u explore things on ur own,U'll be able to learn more... Questioning others will not help U much...that too when U r not very open-minded in a discussion ... Read books written by swami Sachidanantha & others ... U'll get much more enlightenment... Anyways, I don't want to see another discission popping up as to which swamiji is good & who is bad... Read the books written by whomever U believe in...U'll be able to get enlightened on atleast a few of what U've asked so far...I stress it again...U'll get enlightened & not a direct answer like what U get in science...
    “The real contest is always between what you've done and what you're capable of doing. You measure yourself against yourself and nobody else.” - Geoffrey Gaberino

Post Thanks / Like
    "dev"

// True,Astrologers are only consultants... consultants never take desicions for their clients... Likewise,astrology is a guide...It helps Us to be better prepared for our future.....//

Yes... 100 % .

.. Similar to a Medical- practicioner who cautions... of Sugar, Heart- attack and the like hidden roots for future diseases.... and if ignored what happens?

... Architect...for example... cautions... .. on the Sub-soil of an area ... unfit for an Normal Foundation for a building... and special-type foundation is necessary... and if ignored what happens?

... as it happened in T.Nagar when the Colony construction wasstarted? Many ignored the advice of the various Civill-Engineers and Architects... and went on with Ordinary foundations... which developed cracks just within a few months of construction... causing an unnecesary and avoidable financial loss apart from legal- disputes.. and inconveniences ... loss of Peace of mind... etc.

... Stitch in time saves Nine... if we know well in advance of what sorts of BLOWS...waiting to hit upon us... caught suddenly unaware
    ... we can ward off... by means of due preventive measures.

... and also if it be the lucky GAINS and Stremgths.... are in one store for us... as a Balance-Sheet of our previous births.(apart from the Outcome-crop caused in consequence of our seed of deeds sownby us in the present birth)..... we can make use of it to our advantage... well-preapred to receive it...(without Al-Nasher-dreams)

In brief....We can have the Best of our Life....by taking the guidance of a really worthy Astrologer... competent enough possessing authentially proven professional .Track-record.

Astrology like Ayurveda and Manthra-sasthra ... are the part of Vedas ... and cannot fail... if the Horoscope is correct.. and the Astrologer is competent....

...IT CAN NEVER NEVER AND NEVER FAIL... unless the person concerned has done in the current birth...some deeds seriously counter to such innate power by birth..... deserving to nullify or reduce his/her Horoscopic Powers ... Positive or Negative...

... I have seen in my life... several cases of Positive and Negative deeds... which conspicuously defeated the Astrological forecasts.... on which when I pointed to Mr. BVRaman of Astrological Magazine of India in the year 1948 ... he wrote detailed Article in the Magazine... quoting my letter... as well as a supporting Slokam of Varahamihira ... and justified its reality in Life.

So THREE the factors in life are important....

(1) We reap the consequences of Our Deeds in the PRESENT BIRTH ALSO .... simultaneously... along with our past births Bank-Balance... carried over to the present...

(2) Outcome of our past Karma... as indicated by the Horoscope.

... which can be seen only by tthe Astrology the Microscope... while the Lab- Expert's role is the Astrologer's.

(3) God-faith coupled with whole-hearted Prayer.

I have seen in my practical life experience...

...how IMMENSELY ... Astrology.. has helped , saved.. protected.. and added strength to me in my long past....

...making me feel it HIGHLY DEPENDABLE... for my life ever and ever..

If anybody wants to... he he he he .. on us simply because we differ with them...

...one day their Mirror will.... he he he he... on them.

.. for not availing the Golden strength in their hand... thrown out unused..

Angae sirippavarhalh... sirikkattum... Adhu...????....

Senior Member Regular Hubber Ilavenil's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dev
    Though 1+1 =2, we used to get a number of different answers for the same mathematics problem when I was in school... I mean in exams...The rules are the same ,the teaching is the same...but Y did we get different answers?...This is just coz the understanding of diff ppl varies...Likewise,in astrology,the problem is with intrepreting & not with the basics...

Where ever there is seismic monitor, you could predict events like earthquake.
    This is NEWS to me... I've not heard of any accurate predictions about earthquakes so far except for one ...China earthquake of 1975, when an evacuation warning was issued the day before a 7.3mag earthquake...

Well, what I was trying to say is that by monitoring the occurance of earthquakes, we could warn about tsunami and save people.

Though tsunami warning is irrelavant to this topic, I would like to post the information here, so that open minded people like you can be benefited by reading it.

What is the Tsunami Warning System?

The lack of a warning during the 1946 tsunami that devastated many coastal areas in Hawaii, led scientists and governmental agencies to establish the Pacific Tsunami Warning System (PTWS), for the Hawaiian Islands and United States territories in the Pacific by 1948. The main objectives of this system are: To detect and locate the existence all possible tsunami causing earthquakes by the use of properly monitored seismographs; to ensure that a tsunami actually exists by measuring water level changes at tide-gauging stations located throughout the Pacific; and finally, to determine the time of arrival of the tsunami and to provide an adequate warning for evacuation procedures.

What is the difference between a Tsunami Watch and a Tsunami Warning?

A Tsunami Watch is automatically declared by the warning center for any earthquake having a magnitude of 7.5 or larger on the Richter scale (7.0 or larger in the Aleutian Islands) and located in an area where a tsunami can be generated. Notification of Civil Defense agencies begins, followed by limited public announcements by the local media. Data from tidal gauge stations is awaited for confirmation of the actual existence of a tsunami.

Reports on wave activity from the tide-gauging stations nearest to the earthquake epicenter is requested by the warning center. If the stations report that there is no observed tsunami activity, the Tsunami Watch is canceled. If these stations report that a tsunami has been generated, a Tsunami Warning is issued for areas that may be impacted in the next hour. At this time the public is informed of the ensuing danger by the emergency broadcast system. Evacuation procedures are implemented, and sea going vessels are advised to head out to sea, where in deep waters they will not be affected by the tsunami.

How many warnings have been issued by the Pacific Tsunami Warning Center since it was established?

The Pacific Tsunami Warning Center has issued a total of 20 warnings since it was first established in 1948. Of these 20, 5 resulted in significant Pacific-wide tsunamis.

What should I do or not do in a tsunami warning?

Because a tsunami can strike at any time, being adequately prepared and knowing what to do beforehand could save your life. Hawaii State and County Civil Defense agencies provide maps of evacuation zones and information on how to be prepared for this type of natural disaster in the front pages of the telephone book. If you are at the beach and you feel an earthquake or observe a rapid withdrawal of the sea and think a tsunami may be coming, head for higher ground immediately. When a tsunami warning has been issued do not attempt to use the telephone or head to low-lying areas to view the oncoming waves. Remember, tsunamis travel at very fast speeds across the ocean; therefore once a warning has been issued you should evacuate immediately.

About 1+1=2, just because some dumb person calculated it wrong, it doesn't mean it is correct to have different answer for the same question, right? Well, if some one failed in his math test because he is 1+1=3, it is his mistake. But, if an astrologer says 1+1=3, so you will die and getting paid for his wrong death verdict, is not right.

If you say that someone who tries to learn things by analysing and not believing blindly whatever is told as not an open minded person,
    I don't mind being called closed minded or locked minded person, but, I still need answers, evidence.

I actually wanted someone who knows astrology, who has learnt astrology to explain why they think it is worth learning and not someone who blindly believes and argues based on his or her believes. Even now I am willing to learn astrology but I want someone who is qualified enough to teach me scientific evidence behind astrology. I don't want someone who says 1+1=3 is correct because, we understand it differently, to teach me.

I don't think it is worth replying this thread. I am not able to gather any useful information about astrology, other than irrelavant arguements. So, bye bye
    thamizhil ezhuththup pizhai irunthal mannithu thiruththavum.

Senior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dev

Being born on the same day,time etc doesn't mean U'll have the same fate...
    Really?!

Are you SURE?

If U need to understand all these (fate etc) U need to read a lot to find it out for urself...Only when u explore things on ur own,U'll be able to learn more...
    Nobody ever said that before!

Questioning others will not help U much...that too when U r not very open-minded in a discussion ...
    What if I nod my head whatever crap you or anybody say? Will I become an open-minded person then, according to you??

Anyways, I don't want to see another discission popping up as to which swamiji is good & who is bad...
    I beg to disagree, I want to SEE more sensible questions like Ilavenil asked. Do you have a problem with that, mr. open-minded astrologer?

And you never ever answer again. YOU are not good at it, sorry

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Surya's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't think it is worth replying this thread.
    Really? I've stopped posting in this thread because my knoledge in Astology is very limited. I'm just a believer.

I am not able to gather any useful information about astrology, other than irrelavant arguements.
    I've learned a few things from this thread thanks to Sudhamma, Dev, and Badri. But, yeah, not too much, because this is just one thread, and it only holds a couple people who really know about this topic. This one thread isn't really a sufficient source if you seriously want to learn about astrology. That's what I felt, so I googled for Vedic Astrology and found info in abundance.

Good luck.
    Back after a while...

Post Thanks / Like
    Illavenil:
    About 1+1=2, just because some dumb person calculated it wrong, it doesn't mean it is correct to have different answer for the same question, right? Well, if some one failed in his math test because he is 1+1=3, it is his mistake. But, if an astrologer says 1+1=3, so you will die and getting paid for his wrong death verdict, is not right.
    ...I never said 1+1=3 is ok... What I meant to say is only those who learn it right will be able to do things the right way... There r many astrologers who have learnt things wrong but somehow manage to make money by using their common sense & human psychological ...Only when U manage to find a well learnt astrologer U'll be able to appreciate astrology...

" Even now I am willing to learn astrology but I want someone who is qualified enough to teach me scientific evidence behind astrology."

My best wishes to U in finding a 'qualified' astrologer who really has the time & patience to clear ur doubts & teach things... learn abt it & share with us the knowledge that U gain...

Mellon,
    U too can google to learn more abt it... may be I'm very dumb to answer ur que... If U manage to learn something,pls do share it with us...

Post Thanks / Like
    Ilavenil & Surya,

If u r really interested in learning astrology,U can try "Astrology for beginners" by K.Subramaniam,K.S. Krishnamurti...
    It has 6 volumes...Maybe U can try reading the 1st volume(ISBN: 81-88082-03-1) & if it interests U ,U can buy the rest... I bought this book from India...I'm not sure if it'll be available elsewhere...

Post Thanks / Like
    "Surya"

//"Ilavenil"... I don't think it is worth replying this thread.//

// Really? I've stopped posting in this thread because my knoledge in Astology is very limited. I'm just a believer.

...I am not able to gather any useful information about astrology, other than irrelavant arguements.//

Ms. ilavenil...and Mr. Surya... both of you have not noted the uniqueness of this Forum or the like... far discerning from the other sorts of Communications, Study or Exchange or Learning the subjects of our interests.

Dear Friends ... this Forum is meant for all sorts of people ... the Well- learned Experts on one side and the inquisitive common-folks on the other side... both seated equally on the dais...discussing here through Postings...

... Whereas the Audience are the Silent-browsers / Viewers...from all over the World...round the clock !!!...

Participation of the those who know something or everything on the points raised .... involves

... just... EXCHANGE of Knowledge.. by which they add up on their kknowledge as also get satisfied in putting forth their thoughts in the midst of like-minded people.

... while the other Participants who are curious to know.. raise Questions and get their due Replies...... by which they gain new knowledge and awareness... which can be helpful for their life...

... Viewers get their purpose served by getting their time spent usefully and meaningfully... through this Idiot-box.... used by all wise people.

//I've learned a few things from this thread thanks to Sudhamma, Dev, and Badri. But, yeah, not too much, because this is just one thread, and it only holds a couple people who really know about this topic//

No my dear Surya... You can feel free to ask on anything... freely and frankly... nobody is going to judge you by this... nor you lose anything if you are unable to participate as a Knowledgeable person... Everybody cannot be well-conversant in every subject...

So speak out and ask whatever you have in mind... There are people here to reply to you.

You and others are welcome to make the best use of the good postings here to your best advantage in life.

Page 11 of 49 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast