Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bullroarers - from the Dravidians to Australia?

Junior Member Admin HubberNewbie HubberTeam HubberModerator HubberPro Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

Bullroarers - from the Dravidians to Australia?

You know the thing that Crocodile Dundee swings? That's a bullroarer.

I've found pictures of them in King Tut's tomb, and the ancient migrants from northern Africa must have brought them to Dravidian India. Sometime around 3000 BCE - about 1500 BCE, Dravidians moved to the north of Australia.

I've never seen a Dravidian bullroarer, but I would love to know if it looks like the contemporary Australian or the ancient Egyptian ones.

Bethe
    Very much wanted -- ANYTHING you know or suspect about bullroarers and magic wheels in human history

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    dont worry baby. what ever u say is 100% wrong/illogical.
    Soon a journal paper is gona be/will be released in American Anthropologist by this big daddy.
    indians are a blend of chinese + european races no single african. sumerians are tanned europeans so my theory holds true
    Most of the so called dravidians are europeans + some chinese.
    what is the use if u cant explain to me the reason for absence of curly hair in indians

Post Thanks / Like

Bullroarers again

Well, that's interesting.

Are you coming to the meetings in Atlanta next month? If yes, let's compare hair.

I didn't make up the stuff on the Dravidians. I got it from an Abo who took it from a 2001 genetics journal on mtDNA. I'll give you the reference if you want it.

I'm not arguing about who people were. I just want to see a picture of what is lrecognized as a Dravidian bullroarer. I know they exist, but I can't find a picture or a description of one. For that matter, I don't have a Sumerian one. So, if you have any pictures, I could really use them.
    Very much wanted -- ANYTHING you know or suspect about bullroarers and magic wheels in human history

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

AAA Meetings and reference

Good to know you will be there. Maybe we will meet up. As I said, though, I'm not doing genetic research and don't know anything about hair types. I am looking at bullroarers.

I'll be giving two presentations. The first is on Tuesday at the Visual Research Conference (Society for Visual Anthropology). I believe my presentation is late in the morning. Then, I am doing a poster at the SVA-sponsored session on Thursday morning. Both presentations are titled "The Bullroarer as a Way of Knowing." If you want to check out some of my work, please just go to www.tui.edu and look under the doctoral faculty for Bethe Hagens.

That reference I mentioned earlier is Adcock et. al., “Mitochondrial DNA sequences in ancient Australians”, PNAS (2001). Another is
    Redd, A. and Stoneking, “Peopling of Sahul: mtDNA variation in Aboriginal Australian and Papua New Guinean populations," American Journal of Human Genetics, v. 65 1999.

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    ada vetti davie...oru periya kombu kitta ippadi pesitaye forumhub-nu nenachu....he he he...atlanta poidathey..unakku undu periya sangu hehehe...VA-laye padhungidu mavane

Post Thanks / Like
    thanks a lot for more details onthe reference.
    i will talk to my big daddy here at Univ of virginia ( top notch school in the US for anthropology. for walrus pls note that its the no 2 public school in the USA ).
    its all good.
    @hehe walrus ur a baby. so just dont interfere when two important deligates are talking. I have attended/spoke in a couple of international conferences at michigan and lascruces.
    meanwhile i dont know or even heard about ur school (union institute of technology). but its ok.
    again one month is quite a short period of notice. i haveto ask my prof regarding this.
    lol when ever u are strong in concepts u can always challenge a 1000 anthropologists saying/arguing with wrong facts.
    No doubt i will be a phenomenal anthropologist one day. hell iwas trying to switch on to the business school at uva which is rated in the top 10.
    @bethe
    sure we can discuss/work together about these interesting issues during the years to come.
    u will learn many things.

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    davie: @hehe walrus ur a baby. so just dont interfere when two important deligates are talking.

meanwhile i dont know or even heard about ur school (union institute of technology). but its ok.

Davie - unfortunately this baby can spell "delegates" better than you
    And who told u i am from UIT? Dr.Bethe is from UIT

thanks for the humor though

Post Thanks / Like
    Sometime you and hehewalrus will have to tell me what this site actually is. I got in here Google searching Dravidians and bullroarers, and it came up.

Post Thanks / Like
    good to know that u finally got what u wanted.
    this site is for everything. anything and everything what a forum can do.
    and let me remind u there are lots of contrary information available in the internet. Some anthropologists argue that there was nothing like aryan invasion contrary to that website that u got with google search.
    Internet websites can be wrong!!! I know many websites that are full of erraneous information. So, i will not consider those websites as a bible. Right now i am busy like hec running for my finals etc. I will 4 sure get all these journal papers and just go through the arguments that they are making
    It takes someone good like me to crack this issue
    @@hehe walrus . now ur a joker/clown
    @clown i have already addressed this issue especially the website that u are referring
    @clown yea ur are an infant/baby. Not this website. This website is doing a wonderful job uniting all thamizh/Indian people.
    @clown eccha kala

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast