Page 12 of 149 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262112 ... LastLast

Thread: Which Western Movie you watched / watching recently.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Querida's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    read the book which i can vouch as the first romantic read that i actually got swept away by ....the movie...after chancing upon "message in a bottle" i didn't want to chance it!

finally watched Ratatouille!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Regular Hubber hub rap's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vivasaayi
    Quote Originally Posted by hub rap
    The notebook.

A beautiful love story. The guy was a charm. He had an uncanny resemblance with Ranbir Kapoor. The girl made up for her looks with acting. She was so natural and full of enthusiasm.

she was so pretty and her smile..wow!

when she meets him after seeing him on newspaper...the scene where he takes her to the lake ....beautiful film
    En levellukku andha ponnu dhEvadhai. But, I was comparing with the looks of the guy. (especially because, it was love at first sight)

That lake scene was ethereal
    There's no problem with living a double life. It's the triple and quadruple lives that get you in the end.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Querida
    read the book which i can vouch as the first romantic read that i actually got swept away by ....the movie...after chancing upon "message in a bottle" i didn't want to chance it!

Movies are for the lazy bums. Ideally I would prefer a novel to a movie. But, my bum prefers movies
    There's no problem with living a double life. It's the triple and quadruple lives that get you in the end.

Post Thanks / Like

Movies are for the lazy bums. Ideally I would prefer a novel to a movie. But, my bum prefers movies
    Well said.

Post Thanks / Like
    Notorious.

Avant garde stuff even by today's standard.

Just when the movie ends you get to know what genre it belongs to.

Ingrid

Hitchcock

The lady as Sebastian's mother - Enna oru villaththanam!

Easily into my top10

Post Thanks / Like

love your candid honesty

Post Thanks / Like
    Rosemary's Baby

One of the best films ever.
    You don't need suspense for a thriller if you have such good acting and direction.
    Much much much better than Chinatown.
    மூவா? முதல்வா! இனியெம்மைச் சோரேலே

Senior Member Senior Hubber kannannn's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Chinatown is IMO one of Polanski's best. That is not to take anything away from Rosemary's Baby, which was good in its own way. Chinatown's noir treatment was perhaps the best of its time. The mood, the lighting, the suspense were all top notch. Beyond all this, the central theme of the movie is the inescapability from the fundamental nature that forms the building block of human behavior. The fundamental nature could be anything from anger to morality to jealosy. For Jack it was his commitment to truth. Mind you, that commitment does not extend beyond his own work (he is not even interested in the corruption that seems so rampant in the political system). That, and inescapability from the past. It is my personal view that sadness is the default (and natural) state of human existence. And what could hold more sadness than the past? The appeal of Chinatown is its ability to weave this philosophy into a suspenseful detective story (Vertigo does that too, but not so effectively. The parallels between these two movies is overwhelming though).

The underlying sadness of the protagonist hits you even before the movie has started off - the very first shot has 'Curly' crying aloud over the photos of his unfaithful wife. Jack's face now appears in the background. But it is not one of silent observation. He manages to show a hint of both sympathy and distance - all in a couple of seconds (perhaps the quickest character establishment I have ever seen). This mood is so consistent throught, that it even manages to penetrate the facade of a new job that Jack tries to put up and it is apparent that it is just a matter of time before his past catches up with him. Even the female character here, who is usually a femme fatale in Noir movies has its baggage and evokes sadness throughout the movie. In fact, it is the female character who ultimately pays the price for Jack's inability to 'let sleeping dogs lie' - another tradition overturned. The moment of brilliance comes when Evelyn tells Khan's address to Jack and the camera focuses on Jack's stunned face . That's the cue for closure - for the inevitable tragedy that awaits the characters in the alien part of the town Jack so desperately tries to avoid.
    "Why do we need filmmaking equipment?"
    "Because, Marcel, my sweet, we're going to make a film. Just for the Nazis."

Post Thanks / Like
    Kannan, my comment achieved its purpose. Thank You !
    மூவா? முதல்வா! இனியெம்மைச் சோரேலே

Post Thanks / Like
    I as always catching up on movies

Sabrina
    : Audrey Hepburn, Humphrey Bogart what more could i ask for?...maybe a not so abrupt ending

I watched scarface...after all the ppl who discouraged me from watching it I can't say I hate it...the direction could have been so much better...but the character was played to a hilt (sorry to all those who hated know what a genuine cuban accent sounds like)

a fish called wanda was a disappointment, i'll admit i was expecting so much more from monty python greats: palin and cleese...a running gag that ran too long....

lastly have by chance come upon the movie crimes and misdemeanours will be my first woody allen movie...so i hope it's as good as you say it is PR... :P