Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: DO WE CONSIDER GOD AS HUMAN

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

DO WE CONSIDER GOD AS HUMAN

Why do we say mantras in sanskrit.....aint this degrading GOD...AS THOUGH GOD CAN ONLY UNDERSTAND SANSKRIT.....!

Why do we need to temple to pray GOD....a person who thinks GOD is omnipresent will do this???

we are restricting GOD according our principles...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Why do we say mantras in sanskrit.....aint this degrading GOD...AS THOUGH GOD CAN ONLY UNDERSTAND SANSKRIT.....!
    God is not an outside person listening to the Mantras. God is only in us as pure Consciousness. In Sanskrit the musical sounds helps the mind to wander less and so helps to transcend to pure awareness.

In school children learn alphabets when given in musical form and in pattern form than in abstract form. A for apple, B for boy C for Cat. When they see the symbols they retain the concept faster than just teachign A B C. Then If we rhyme ABCD.....in musical form the children graps faster. Similarly we cannot understand what God is and so symbols are used. Mantras are musical and so they help to retain your mind in the present for few seconds. Just do a simple test. Watch whether you can keep your mind focussed on just one thought. Within few minutes it will wander. Do mantra chanting in Sanskrit and in English and see how your mind behaves.

Why do we need to temple to pray GOD....a person who thinks GOD is omnipresent will do this???
    Knowledge is everywhere, or in other words knowledge in books are every where , but then why do we go to school?. Because in school you learn knowledge through a certain discipiline and also learn the discipline of Mind. Same way, though God is everywhere including in us and then we go to a temple, because it is a place to discipline our minds and trascend to pure awareness. If one can do that by one's own self there is no need for temple, like some child who can do self study need not go to school.

we are restricting GOD according our principles.
    God is not restricted and no one can restrict it. Our minds are restricted and blocked in concepts. We have to free the mind from concepts.

Post Thanks / Like
    There is no God that is sitting and creating, such a God does not exist.
    Meditation is not sitting with eyes' closed and seeing(creating) colourful lights (of Brahman/Atman/Self).
    Of course, as far as it goes for our dear friend Pradheep, meditation is nothing but sitting with eyes closed and creating Brahman/Atman/Self, which does not exist.

There are only two mistakes one can make along the road to Truth; not going all the way, and not starting.
    - Buddha

Post Thanks / Like
    Rohit you are the Fox which called the grapes "Sour" because it did not get it. May be some time later you will get it. Till then you can stick on to the "Karma" thread (you are bound -struck there).

Post Thanks / Like
    Dear Pradheep your Egocentric belief is not at all the reality; and I will definitely make sure that you grasp that Ultimate Truth without any delusions. And this stays an open challenge; just tell me when you are ready to face that challenge.

There are only two mistakes one can make along the road to Truth; not going all the way, and not starting.
    - Buddha

Post Thanks / Like
    Dear Rohit

when you cannot answer one scientific proof of that "big bang theory came from nothing" instead a plasma soup of energy or singularity, then what is the challenge you can put forward to me. I am not asking you to meditate which your frustrating mind will find it difficult. I am asking you to read scientific information and atleast get some sense to you.

Post Thanks / Like
    O.K my Egocentric friend Pradheep. However, this means that you have declined to accept the true challenge.

That is perfectly fine with me as long as you don't accept the challenge.

I know the attitudes such as of yours that haven't stopped the spread of fallacies of Egocentric belief that you are desperate to cling onto, even when it is crashed into pieces countless times.

- Buddha

Senior Member Veteran Hubber bingleguy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: DO WE CONSIDER GOD AS HUMAN

Quote Originally Posted by nilavupriyan
    we are restricting GOD according our principles...
    are we ready enough to lay down principles of life.... fine, if ys, tell me how many things go according to our wish, according to our plan, according to our liking
    Click here to reach the Index page of http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthrea...A-LEARNED-YES)... All Sagas could be accessed from this page...

Post Thanks / Like

Re: DO WE CONSIDER GOD AS HUMAN

Quote Originally Posted by bingleguy
    tell me how many things go according to our wish, according to our plan, according to our liking
    Definitely poor Pradheep would be the first one who would complain about him turning into the Milking Cow against his wish.
    - Buddha

Post Thanks / Like
    nilavupriyan

i sometimes ask myself the same questions , however i have come to realise that god is , as pradheep says " only in us as pure Consciousness" we do not chant mantras and pray to god in temples,for god to recieve it, but to train our minds to stay focused and to make it easier for us to concentrate on god. at home there may be too much distractions but at the temple, everywhere you look is a statue or picture of a diety.

also the whole atmosphere or the temple is different ,stress free, calm and one can even feel the difference , from praying elsewhere
    jai chandika amma

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast