Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: why do we chant mantras?

Post Thanks / Like
    to rohit
    please, if you have no good intensions please refrain from interupting this thread , some of us actually log on to learn . i have no objections to constructive critisism, but you are just out to harass pradheep , please take it to a personnal message
    jai chandika amma

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by avii
    some of us actually log on to learn.
    Dear Avii,

I have no nothing but only good intentions; and to see that, one too must have good intentions and look at the reality from every aspects and not just one Egocentric perspectives.

However, if that is difficult to grasp, I leave it you unlit you realise yourself of the utter fallacies in such Egocentric beliefs, even if it takes longer than you would like.

Good luck!
    There are only two mistakes one can make along the road to Truth; not going all the way, and not starting.
    - Buddha

Post Thanks / Like
    Rohit and Pradeep: If you will not cease this endless debate, hijacking all threads, I will have no other option but to ban you both. Consider this as the last and final warning.
    When we stop labouring under the delusion of our cosmic self-importance, we are free of hindrance, fear, worry and attachment. We are liberated!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Dear Badri,

I am not bothered about the ban, but what I am bothered about is that despite my repeated cautions to Pradheep and his associates not to address my posts if they cannot grasp them, they wouldn’t leave them to the readers to make their own judgements. In fact, it is this sort of behaviours that trigger the rounds of such futile arguments as witnessed.

Anyway, thank you for the warranted caution; and in response I will request you keep an eye on such encounters as and when they arise due to such misbehaviours.

Thank you!

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rohit
    why do we chant mantras?

Simply to divert your brain from thinking so that it becomes completely useless - i.e ignorant of the factual reality- like waves after waves of foreign invasions that resulted in utter destitute condition of the entire India and 100s of millions of Indians.

Actually the thereaputic effects of praying have been scientifically documented. These include lower blood pressure, improved respiratory performance, etc. And those foreign invaders you mention, well, the irony is that none of them are around today, but India still is. Perhaps if the invaders had kept to their within their borders, they might still be around.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SRS
    Actually the thereaputic effects of praying have been scientifically documented.
    I would not disagree with the theraputic effects of praying. However, there are countless therapies, some are listed below, but not all are praying.

- Aroma Therapy
    - Art Therapy
    - Behaviour Therapy
    - Cognitive Analytical Therapy
    - Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
    - Electro-Convulsive Therapy
    - Hypnosis
    - Laughter Therapy
    - Massage Therapy
    - Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP)
    - Occupational Therapy
    - Psychotherapy
    - Therapeutic exercises (Yoga, meditation fall under this category)
    - And so many others

In fact, only if one cares to grasp, praying falls under the category of Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP)

There are only two mistakes one can make along the road to Truth; not going all the way, and not starting.
    - Buddha

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rohit
    Actually the thereaputic effects of praying have been scientifically documented.
    I would not disagree with the theraputic effects of praying. However, there are countless therapies, some are listed below, but not all are praying.

- Aroma Therapy
    - Art Therapy
    - Behaviour Therapy
    - Cognitive Analytical Therapy
    - Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
    - Electro-Convulsive Therapy
    - Hypnosis
    - Laughter Therapy
    - Massage Therapy
    - Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP)
    - Occupational Therapy
    - Psychotherapy
    - Therapeutic exercises (Yoga, meditation fall under this category)
    - And so many others

In fact, only if one cares to grasp, praying falls under the category of Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP)

But only praying is suitable for all occassions. I do not think "laughter therapy" or attaching electrodes to the scalp (electro-convulsive) is suitable for dealing with grief.

I am not sure that praying falls under the category of NLP. According to Wikipedia,

"The original developers claimed not to be interested in theory, and NLP teaches a practitioner to focus on "what works". However, this in no way prevents practitioners from creating and promoting their own theories behind NLP, and some have done this, basing theories upon a synthesis of core observable NLP combined with other personal, new age, psychological, and/or neurological concepts. Some trainers teach these theories as part of NLP."

But one does not pray because it works. One prays to find closure. Meaning, when you pray, find a sense of peace (due to your senses being detached from the material world). I am sure you can find a sense of peace with "aroma therapy" or "art therapy"
    but it is not the same.

Post Thanks / Like
    ......praying is suitable for all occassions.
    Yes, just praying was everything that one needed, even if the result was waves after waves of foreign invasions and resulting destitution of India and her people.

Praying is indeed NLP, not being able to grasp that fact is nothing but an adverse effect of just praying for all occasions.

- Buddha

Post Thanks / Like
    to rohit

praying/meditating is (in my view) the best medicene . many have recieved relief and peace after confesions, if this is the power of the mind, then why do you not accept prayer as a good thing???
    jai chandika amma

Post Thanks / Like
    Dear Avii
    The invaded and the invaders were both praying God and so the one who did the most powerful praying WON.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast