Page 1 of 62 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: AR || Jodha Akbar | Ashutosh | Hrithik Roshan ||

Senior Member Diamond Hubber ajaybaskar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

AR || Jodha Akbar | Ashutosh | Hrithik Roshan ||

Rahman´s Last Period Film ´Akbar-Jodha´ To Have 12 Songs

While A.R. Rahman has gone on record saying that he wont be doing anymore period films his supposed to be last period film 'Akbar-Jodha' , to be directed by Ashotosh Gowariker and starring Hrithik Roshan will have 12 songs composed by the `Mozart of Madras' .

http://www.planetbollywood.com/displ...d=090905031422

Jodha Akbar finds a taker

Ashutosh Gowarikar has reason to celebrate . his much-awaited Jodha Akbar starring Hrithik Roshan as Akbar and Aishwarya Rai as Jodha, has found itself a producer. The film, made on a budget of Rs 37 crore, will now be produced and distributed worldwide by UTV.

.We have had a good working relationship, since our Swades days and have been in touch ever since. We knew Ashutosh wanted to make Jodha Akbar. We met a couple of weeks ago and when we got chatting about the film, we realised that we were moving in the right direction,. says Ronnie Screwvala, MD, UTV.

Meanwhile, Gowarikar says, .I started working on the film way back in 2001. While making Swades, my actor friend Hyder Ali, who acted in Nukkad, came up with this idea. That is when I thought of making this film after Swades. I had to work on a bigger set-up, research its historical aspects and wanted to be sure about all the facts. It was not a case of doing one more film with Ronnie. Morever, it is not just another historical, but an epic love story which has been never attempted in the past. In fact, this is the first time I will be attempting a love story. I needed a huge set-up to handle its marketing and international release..

The film has already faced many difficulties, hasn't it? .Every film is as difficult or as easy to make as any other film,. says Gowarikar. .I have been researching this subject for the last three to four years. But I do agree that there is more detailing and paperwork to be done for this film, compared to any other contemporary film. The team has been chosen accordingly. Nitin Desai is my art director, Kiran Deohan is the director of photography, Neeta Lulla is doing the costumes, A R Rahman is the music director and Javedsaab is doing the lyrics..

Speaking about the locations where they plan to shoot the film, Ashutosh says, .We are planning to shoot at several locations in Rajasthan, like Amir Palace, Nahar fort and spots at Bikaner too. A major chunk of the shooting will take place in ND Studio in Karjat where we will be building a set which will be a replica of the Agra Fort. We plan to start shooting in October and will wrap up by February..
    I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it.

- Bernard Shaw

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    -deleted with warning!-

Post Thanks / Like
    'I'm looking for a Mohammad Rafi, not roughy...' Your albums lack instrumental tracks now. Especially the ones that followed MF Husain’s Meenakshi, A Tale of Three Cities. Why?

Are there people who still like instrumentals in my albums? (Laughs) I thought listeners like more of lyrics now. But I will bounce back with instrumentals soon, if listeners demand that. Like Aussie actor Heath Ledger said he liked Bombay Dreams. I met him at the premiere of Shekhar Kapur’s Four Feathers. Bombay Dreams will be used in Nicholas Cage’s Lord of the War.

You have used raagas like Basant, Puriya Dhanashri and Malhar in your soundtracks. Are they safe bets in international projects?

I try not to get carried away with raagas in international ventures. These people just want good melodies. Even if I try to use a raaga as a framework, they won’t really get to know about it. Rather, they won’t bother, they just want good music. It has to go with the scenes, the themes. And my experience tells me that mixing up jazz with raagas is the best thing to do.

What instrument interests you these days? Have you tried learning anything lately?

I picked up an accordion on a visit to Prague. I am learning to play it but can only run my right hand comfortably on the keys. I’m still struggling with the left side. But I amimproving as a singer and liked the raw sound of the harmonium playing in Rang De Basanti.

You haven’t really involved the few good sax players available down south.

Yes (thoughtfully). With an exception of tracks for a Tamil film Duet (1994) where I have used a lot of sax.

Classical music downloads on cell-phones are only four percent of the total market. That shows the decreasing popularity of such music. What can make classical tunes more popular?

I know Ustad Bade Ghulam Ali Khan only through the soundtrack he did for Mughal-e-Azam. I would have never heard him otherwise. A layman will relate to raagas only through film music. It applies to the download market as well.

Are you hunting for more singers? What about instrumentalists?

I am always on the lookout for new talent. These days I am looking for a good male voice. Like Rafi, not ‘roughy’(laughs). Someone who can switch octaves with that ease. I recently heard a nine-year-old at a talent show. He really surpassed others. Bass guitarists and percussionists are another bunch of people who impress me. Ghatam legend Vikku Vinayakram’s sons, especially Selva Ganesh (who plays the kanjira) are another bunch of people who have been with me from the beginning. Ganesh is also part of KM Music, the music label I am about to launch.

Have you been asked to com-pose music for any big sporting event—like the Commonwealth Games or the Olympics?

No one has approached me yet. But I will love making jingles for an event like that. Anyways, I am coming full circle with jingles now.

Your future projects.

I am working with Mani Ratnam in Guru. I am really upbeat about my work in Shekhar Kapur’s Elizabeth sequel. The soundtrack for Akbar Jodha has almost been shaped. There are musicals like Shyam Benegal’s Chamki Chameli, Rock Star and London Dreams by Naresh Bedi. Baz Luhrman (Moulin Rouge) wanted me to compose the soundtrack for his next film, but they checked a website and found 30 projects lined up next to my name. I think that worked against me. These people rethink before giving a project to someone with more than say three projects.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hrithik Roshan prepares for the royal act
    18th Oct 2006 16.30 IST
    By ApunKaChoice

Bollywood's handsome star Hrithik Roshan
    <http://www.apunkachoice.com/celebrities/hrithik_roshan/> is nowadays
    learning sword fighting and horse riding.

No, it's not just for fun. The actor is preparing himself for
    Ashutosh Gowarikar's next venture Jodha Akbar
    <http://www.apunkachoice.com/ dyn/movies/hindi/jodha_ akbar/> .

<http://media.fastclick.net/w/click here?sid=18489&m=6&c=1>

Although the film's shooting is yet to begin, practice sessions for
    war scenes has started. Gowarikar, known for his meticulous attention to
    details, wants to depict the Akbar-Jodha love story with utmost
    authenticity.

Sources reveal that Hrithik, who plays Emperor Akbar in the movie
    <http://www.apunkachoice.com/scoop/bollywood/20061018-2.html#> , has
    already started taking sword-fighting lessons in Mehboob studios and
    horse riding classes at MahaLaxmi Race Course.

The movie stars
    <http://www.apunkachoice.com/scoop/bollywood/20061018-2.html#>
    Aishwarya Rai <http://www.apunkachoice.com/celebrities/aishwarya_ rai/>
    as Jodha. Although she won't have any fight scenes in the movie, she
    will participate in training sessions.

The film is expected to have a lavish budget of Rs. 39 crore. Gowarikar
    has done thorough research on the subject and it is said that he is also
    taking the assistance of the learned scholar Haider Ali for his
    historical venture.

`Jodha Akbar' will be Hrithik and Aishwarya's second flick
    after their soon-to-be-released movie Dhoom 2
    <http://www.apunkachoice.com/dyn/movies/hindi/dhoom_2/> , in which both
    the actors will be seen in negative roles.

http://www.apunkachoice.com/scoop/bo...0061018-2.html
    I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it.

- Bernard Shaw

Post Thanks / Like

- Bernard Shaw

Post Thanks / Like

The actors pack their old-world costumes and head for Jodhpur to start shooting for Jodha Akbar

Subhash K Jha

Costume drama Jodha Akbar is ready to roll. Well, almost. Aishwarya Rai and Hrithik Roshan have packed their bags and are set to fly to Jodhpur.

Aishwarya Rai and costume dramas seem to be meant for each other. "You could say that," she concurred chirpily on the eve of her departure. She has been a part of so many films that require elaborate sets and costumes, right from Chokher Bali and Devdas to Umrao Jaan, and the forthcoming Guru which is also a period film of sorts opening, as it does, in the 1950s. "I've often been told I belong to another era. And my selection of films reflects that old-world reality," she said, as she packs to leave for a large part of November.

Actor Hrithik Roshan, said, "For me the challenge of doing my first costume drama is to look convincing in the old-world costumes. I'm really looking forward to my first period film… although a bit afraid of the unknown."

Interestingly, Hrithik was supposed to do Gowariker's previous film. "I had read Ashutosh's script for Swades. I couldn't see it from the director's perspective, and therefore didn't think I was equipped to perform the part. I wasn't the best person to translate Ashutosh's vision. And this was right after Lagaan! Ashutosh coming to me made me feel on top of the world. Swades is one of my favourite films. And Ashutosh is definitely one of my favourite filmmakers. His vision is unimaginable. It's such a challenge to satisfy Ashutosh. I hope I live up to his expectations, " he added.

Meanwhile, Gowariker is going into a period film for the second time after Lagaan. "But Jodha Akbar will be a full-on period film without props. It will be expensive. But I'm not getting into highlighting the budget and making that a USP of my project. For me, the product will justify the expenses. I won't approach the subject to splurge on lavish sets, etc," he said.

http://www.mumbaimirror.com/nmirror/...82006223948578

- Bernard Shaw

Post Thanks / Like
    Recently, Sonu has recorded a qawwali with Alka Yagnik for Ashutosh Gowariker's 'Jodha Akbar'. Composer AR Rahman has scored the music.

http://www.dnaindia.com/report.asp?NewsID=1064598

__._,_.___

- Bernard Shaw

Senior Member Senior Hubber rayan36's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ashutosh & Rahman face the legal wrath.

Dec 02, 2006

Ashutosh Gowarikar & A.R.Rahman, the team that gave us the Oscar nominated, Lagaan and the critically acclaimed Swades is now working on a magnum opus, Akbar-Jodha with Hrithik Roshan and Aishwarya Rai.

One of the most awaited movies in Bollywood takes a glimpse into the life and romance of the Emperor Abkar. Hrithik plays Akbar and Aishwarya plays Jodha.

The shoots of the film are going on in and around interiors of Rajasthan.

But now the movie has got into a legal tangle as the script has earned the wrath of the powerful Rajput community.

What started as some grumble and dissatisfaction in the community has led to a petition at Jaipur’s district court. The Rajputs claim that Gowarikar is distorting history by projecting a romance between Akbar and Jodha bai. They state that Jodha bai was not Akbar’s wife but his daughter in law.

The petition cites 24 historical works to show that Akbar was not married to Jodha Bai but to Hira Bai - a princess from Jaipur.

On the other hand, Gowarikar refuses the charges by emphasizing that his film is based on solid research and it’s unfair to charge him with distorting history.

The case is coming up for its next hearing on December 6.

behindwoods.com

AR RAHMAN - 'One note of the divine concord'

Post Thanks / Like

'Jodha-Akbar' to release on Oct 12

'Jodha-Akbar' to release on Oct 12

By Subhash K. Jha, IANS

Ashutosh GowarikarShooting for Ashutosh Gowarikar's "Jodha-Akbar" is expected to be over next month and the long awaited film, that the director insists is not a "remix version" of "Mughal-e-Azam", will be released Oct 12.

"That's the Eid week. We're looking at a cross-culture of audiences to come for the film," says the "Lagaan" and "Swades" director.

"Swades" wasn't a huge success. "But ultimately it reached out to the right people... You know, we're going through a 're-mix phase' in music and cinema. We need to get over that. It will soon go away and a new order will emerge. Let me reiterate, 'Jodha-Akbar' isn't a 'remix version' of 'Mughal-e-Azam'."

"Jodha-Akbar", starring Hrithik Roshan and Aishwarya Rai, is Ashutosh's most expensive film. "Our budget is Rs.37 crores. But my co-producer Ronnie Screwvala and I aren't looking at the budget as a responsibility. Between us we've worked out the financial details, including what is required in production and marketing."

Aishwarya and Hrithik have undergone the most gruelling and rugged outdoor experience of their lives. But the horse riding and sword fencing were not entirely a shock.

"We had several sessions in Mumbai... lots of riding and sword-fighting lessons just so that they'd be attuned to their Mughal characters and know the right way of riding a horse or holding a sword. You know sword fencing is a very western concept, whereas the way the talwaar was used in the Mughal times was very different.

"I had got Hrithik and Ash accustomed to the body language and attitude of those times from beforehand. Now all they're doing is executing a vision they're already aware of," says Ashutosh from his location in Rajasthan.

Is he worried by the utterly contemporary image of his lead pair in "Dhoom 2"? "Not at all! In 'Dhoom 2', they are Hrithik Roshan and Aishwarya Rai. In my film they are Akbar and Jodha. Their personas in 'Dhoom 2' are closer to what they really are. Not that I've changed their physicality. But audiences will see only the characters."

Ashutosh thinks Ash and Hrithik aren't only immensely good looking but also hugely talented.

Download Dhoom 2 Wallpapers"I've seen every single film of theirs from 'Kaho... Na Pyar Hai' and K'yun....Ho Gaya Na' to 'Dhoom 2'. They always show an easy adaptability to the requirements of every director. Be it 'Chokher Bali' or 'Raincoat' for Aishwarya or 'Mission Kashmir' and 'Fiza' for Hrithik, they've transformed in front of the camera. They're both intensely dedicated."

The diligent filmmaker is all praise for the pairing. "Hrithik and Ash look really good together in my film. But the full impact will be discernable only when the film releases. The give-and-take between the two as they get into character is amazing."

The film also stars Sonu Sood, Kulbhushan Kharbanda, Suhasini Mulay and Raza Murad.

The director is confident the audience will see exactly the vision in his mind. "I'm working towards it. So far so good. You know, Akbar once decided to not hunt a cheetah because he fell in love with it. Instead he got it to be trained and put next to him in the Diwan-e-Khas. But because of the animal-rights rule I can't have this shown on screen.

"That's the kind of bearable compromise I'll have to make. But I'm sticking to the authentic vision as much as possible. But I want the Golden Period of the Mughal Empire to look as glamorous as possible."

http://www.glamsham.com/movies/scoop...hwarya_rai.asp

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

Page 1 of 62 1231151 ... LastLast