Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Om Shanthi Om-Rahman-SRK-Farah Khan

Senior Member Diamond Hubber ajaybaskar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Om Shanthi Om-Rahman-SRK-Farah Khan

Farah picks Rahman over Malik

http://content.msn.co.in/Entertainme...230906_331.htm

Farah Khan and Anu Malik go back a long way and so it was no surprise that she asked Anu to score the music of her first film as a director, 'Main Hoon Na',which was produced by Red Chillies Entertainment.

Just to remind everyone, Anu and Farah were also both judges on Indian Idol and Indian Idol 2 and there playful banter was loved by one and all. Now as Farah is in the process of beginning work on her second film, again to be produced by Red Chillies, she has surprised everyone (maybe even Anu) by selecting A R Rahman to score the music for her film Om Shanti Om, and Rahman surprised everyone (maybe even Farah) by accepting.
    This will mark the first time that Rahman will be composing music for a Red Chillies production although SRK, Farah Khan and Rahman made a great combination in many films, including the unforgettable Dil Se as well films like One Two Ka Four (remember Khamoshiyan Gungunane Lagi). The three together make a great team and it looks like Om Shanti Om is set to establish a lot of firsts.
    I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it.

- Bernard Shaw

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Regular Hubber july's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hope this ON..
    i read somewhere that Farah back again to Anu Malik...
    ===

Senior Member Diamond Hubber MADDY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wow, which means ARR is working with:

SRK
    Aamir
    Abhishek
    Hrithik
    John

and not to forget Rajinikanth in Tamil
    _________
    Rahman's music is the ringtone on God's mobile phone

Senior Member Devoted Hubber ansa400's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Maddy, hope these films turn out to be blockbusters...workin with big stars alone doesn't guarantee success, what ARR needs is a "solid hit"...hopefully it'll be good if these films do the trick which JEOK failed to do inspite of good music...

Post Thanks / Like
    Check out the following link. Its an interview with Farah Khan.
    http://www.omshantiom.com/news/om-sh...-heart-is.html
    I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it.

- Bernard Shaw

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MADDY
    Wow, which means ARR is working with:

SRK
    Aamir
    Abhishek
    Hrithik
    John

and not to forget Rajinikanth in Tamil
    He is also working with Salman And Devgan In London Dreams.

- Bernard Shaw

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Scale's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Didnt ARR refused this offer like "Main Hoona Na" b4?

Post Thanks / Like
    Not only ARR but also Kamal Hassan refused to do Main hoon na. ARR refused bcoz he was busy with his international assignments at that point of time.

- Bernard Shaw

Senior Member Devoted Hubber Guess_Me's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    ARR out of Om Shanthi Om as SRK didn't like the tunes he composed?

Considering that most filmmakers would give an arm and a leg to work with A R Rahman, it’s something of a shocker to know that King Khan has replaced him with Vishal-Shekhar (Bluffmaster!, Dus) for his upcoming project. The film in question is Farah Khan’s Om Shanti Om, which is being produced by SRK’s banner, Red Chillies Entertainment.

SRK had a problem

The grapevine goes that the deal was scrapped for two reasons. Firstly, Shah Rukh didn’t like the tunes that Rahman had composed. Secondly, Rahman demanded a huge amount as his fee, which Farah refused to pay.

When contacted, Rahman says that he is indeed out of Om Shanti Om, but denies that SRK had problems with his compositions (they’ve earlier worked together in Dil Se and Swades). “The truth is that we had some problems over contractual obligations. That is why I am not doing the film,” he says.

Rahman adds that he wanted the publishing rights of the music to rest with the producer, the lyricist and the composer. But Farah and Shah Rukh flatly refused.

“Actually, Shah Rukh had a problem. He could not come to terms with what I wanted. We were trying to sort this out since the last two to three months, but it just didn’t happen. SRK is a big star and maybe he doesn’t need anybody. I wish it had materialised so that more composers can get their dues in India. Someone has to start this here and I am pressing for it.”

Aamir understood

On the other hand, Rahman has succeeded in getting a share of the publishing rights for Aamir Khan’s next film, directed by Abbas Tyrewalla. “I met Aamir and he understood what I wanted in an instant. It could be because Tyrewalla’s film is a small budget venture, unlike Farah’s, which is a biggie,” Rahman says.

And what of the 2 crore that he demanded as his fee? Rahman says, “I don’t do just the music in the songs, I also provide the background score. So I charge accordingly. But I guess it’s okay. Farah and I went our own ways this time, but we did tell each other that we’d work together some other time.”

‘We love Rahman’

For his part, Vishal Dadlani is glad to be a part of the project. “It’s true that Shekhar and I are doing Om Shanti Om now. We’ve known Farah for nearly two years and have done a lot of work together. She called us ten days back, and we were very happy to do it for her. We got so charged after listening to the story that we’re already ready with four songs,” he says.

The duo is also aware that Rahman was doing the film before them. “We knew that, but didn’t get into the details of what transpired between them. To tell you the truth, we are in this industry because of Rahman. He’s a great inspiration. If we were to make a film tomorrow, we would sign A R Rahman to compose the music.”

Interestingly, quite a few eyebrows were raised when Farah chose Rahman over Anu Malik for Om Shanti Om, considering his music played a big role in the success of Main Hoon Na. Our well-informed sources tell us that before assigning Om Shanti Om to Rahman, Farah had indeed thought of Anu but later changed her mind.

We wonder if the soundtracks of Zindaggi Rocks or Umrao Jaan might have had something to do with that?

Senior Member Devoted Hubber Dragun's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    DAMMIT

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast