Post Thanks / Like

raju (@ webp*) on: Mon Jan 12 17:30:32 EST 2004

i know u was only teasing.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

kan fan (@ 203.*) on: Fri Jan 16 15:29:05 EST 2004

kannada movies are really good and meaningful, only some 25% are masala movies in a year, we people give importance to story and acting rather than gimmick and cigarrate styles, dr.rajkumar is one of the best actor in the world because nobody has done as variety of rolles as him like bond , historical, social, villain,folk,sad,action,romance etc,not even kamal or rajini or sivaji or ntr etc,

now the actors to be noted are upendra, ravichandran, sivarajkumar,punith rajkumar and ofcourse old lion vishnuvardahn

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

Harish Kumar (@ 203-*) on: Mon Feb 9 11:16:29

The latest few movies did well.Some new faces were introduced.

Junior Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

Kannada films

I am a Malayalee who has spent my entire life here in Bangalore... I have loved kannada films till the 80s... that was when Kannada movies were shining... Tamil & telugu were mostly all masala & melodrama... Each and every Puttanna Kanagal films were great... many themes were tried out... great talents were brought out... Though I am a fan of Dr.Rajkumar's acting especially in those natural roles not the melodramatic ones and certainly a hard core fan of his singing... but Shankar Nag, Vishnuvardhan, Ambhareesh, Ananth Nag, etc are top class actors... their earlier films really brought their talent out but later on all of them got TYPE cast into images which restricted their growth as actors...

But unfortunately the present situation in Kannada films is very poor... hardly any original stories are being made... 80% movies being made are remakes... taking the last 4 months as a small sample
    Apthamithra - Ramake of 1993 Mal film Manichithrathazhu
    Sahukara - Remake of Thenmavin Kombathu... which was made as Muthu..
    Maurya - remake of a Telugu film which was later made into tamil as M Kumaran son of Mahalakshmi
    Nalla - A mix of various Tamil films like Moonram Pirai
    Tring Tring - Ramji Rao Speaking / Hera Pheri
    Jeshta - Remake of Valyetan...
    Joke Falls - Remake of a old 70s Hindi film

Most of Upendra's recent films... Before Omkara were all remakes... which is the most tragic part, as Uppi seems to have tremendous talent as proved by his early films like Sh, Om, etc... he is one talent that should not be wasted on crappy remakes...

This really is poor, there is so much that can be derived from Karnataka culture it self that these film makers are failing to capture... its only when film makers draw from a languages cultural heritage that good films will be made... unfortunately the Kannada film makers are taking a SHORT cut by remaing other language films...

Anyway, I really hope that the real talents emerge and bring back Kannada films to its rightful place at the top of Indian cinema
    Lal Salaam

Junior Member Admin HubberNewbie HubberTeam HubberModerator HubberPro Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    I like the post from the guy above me. He makes good sense. I love Kannada. Again, I am a Mallu. I love Kannada movies, the culture, the fact that most people in Karnataka eat vegetables, kannadigas are friendly , very adaptable, best folks you can ever find, very bright, make good friends, very hospitable....I can go on ..hahaha...but I have to stop. I love my Bangalore and I am proud to be born in this land .My only complaint is maraya, there are no kannada movie websites where you can download movies .

Post Thanks / Like

Hi, Iam a new user

Hi,
    Iam a new user over here. I stay in London. I do watch quite a few 70's and 80's kannada movies. I love movies like Pallavi anu Pallavi, Ksharapangara, Ranganayaki, Minchinavotam, manasasoravara, Nagarahavu and many more.
    Would anyone like to discuss about the movie Pallavi anu Pallavi and its music.
    Its my favorite movie.
    Cheers,
    Sonia.

Post Thanks / Like
    and yes iam from bangalore

Post Thanks / Like

Kannada movie

Hey guys,
    I am new to this forum. I am in US and a huttu kannadiga from Bangalore. I was searching for kannada movies to download. I stumbled across this forum. Me and my roommater have got the fever of great kannada songs from 70s and 80s. Since last couple of weeks, we are listening to songs on kannadaaudio.com which is a gud site.

Do you guys have any idea whether there is any availablility of kannada movies for downloading?

thanks a lot guys. If it is not available anywhere, I m even thinking of contacting some kannada associations in US to do something about this.

You can get to know about loads of these kannada organizations at
    www.akkaonline.com.

Waiting your replies guys.

Amith
    somewhere I belong.....

Administrator Diamond Hubber RR's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    hi

Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 917181920 LastLast