please bring some neutral source
    _________
    Rahman's music is the ringtone on God's mobile phone

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerd
    Whenever I see such comments from KH fans I will just And they never stop that. They think all KH fans are intellectuals and brilliant people and all others are inferior to them.
    Gross generlisation ... No KH has said he is superior to other or inferior to other

His another directorial venture virumaaNdi is not a great movie, its just a good movie. IMO mahaanadhi and thEvar magan are his best attempts so far (Screenplay/dialogues).

hmmm its one of the great effort the outcome of the movie is pretty decent except for few graphic scenes. The theme of the movie is and when each guy narrates their story ie pasupathy and KH watch out the camera angle .

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    P.S: OK, appadiye Aandavar padam avalavu complex illennaalum.... indha simple padangalaye purinjikkalaye namma makkal.. adhu dhaan Nilavupriyanin point...idhula Kurosawa-vayum Kambanayum inge kondu varuvaane?
    antha simple padangaLa purinjikittum onnum aagappOvathu illai. athukku naanga veLi naattu padathayE paappOm.

Can agree with mahanadhi and DM being timeless classics, HR/VM are NOT..atleast in my books
    sari....velinaatu padangala paatha mattum enna aaga povudhu? imayamalaila rendu flat freeya kedaika povudha

Senior Member Diamond Hubber Nerd's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    What a PJ

Post Thanks / Like
    antha simple padangaLa purinjikittum onnum aagappOvathu illai. athukku naanga veLi naattu padathayE paappOm.
    enna aagaNum ?
    மூவா? முதல்வா! இனியெம்மைச் சோரேலே

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Prabhu Ram
    enna aagaNum ?
    There are a few movies which affect you:

- Cant sleep that night (A clockwork orange)
    - Will make you think over a few scenes/ the climax (Almost all Kubrick movies)
    - Will make you sympathize/empathize with the characters (No man's land - Imagine you lying on top of a mine)
    - Will give you a feel that you have just watched an amazing piece of art (many movies)

I can go on and on.. nalla padam paarththaal ithu maathiru yEthaavathu thONanum.

Post Thanks / Like
    There are a few movies which affect you:

- Cant sleep that night (A clockwork orange)
    - Will make you think over a few scenes/ the climax (Almost all Kubrick movies)
    - Will make you sympathize/empathize with the characters (No man's land - Imagine you lying on top of a mine)
    - Will give you a feel that you have just watched an amazing piece of art (many movies)

I can go on and on.. nalla padam paarththaal ithu maathiru yEthaavathu thONanum.
    I was scared you were going to say something about samudhAya marumalarchi (a la RDB ). Thankfully we do have comparable yardsticks. Just that.....
    Mahandhi did (to be precise, is doing) nearly all of the above to me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thats right. I have already admitted that MN is an amazing movie. But hey raam is not. Its a great movie but not THE best from him or for that matter from India So I did not have any complaints when it was not nominated.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thats right. I have already admitted that MN is an amazing movie. But hey raam is not. Its a great movie but not THE best from him or for that matter from India So I did not have any complaints when it was not nominated.
    I was coming there. Hey Ram is not his best (as I have already said) but it is not his best only because he has Mahandhi ad ThEvar Magan under his belt already.

As far as not being India's best goes. It was , that year.Oscars are (ostensibly) a year-to-year affair. It would take a lot of imagination to say Crouching Tiger..... was a better film than Hey Ram. In that respect I am sorely disappointed about what happened.

In absolute terms too Hey Ram stands its own.I found the film to be multi-layered and complex, very unique narration, unforgettable characterization and appealing with each repeated viewing.
    I have my criticisms about parts that sag, Sameer Chanda's below-par work, some dramatic cliches it falls for, some very naive dialogues etc. But it gets blown away with the great writing, unbelievable background score (I ran out of superlatives for casting,acting). Hey Ram is the best Tamil film since Hey Ram.

As I said before, Hey ! Ram's box office failure is direct responsible for it being the last good tamil film I have seen. I seriously don't expect anything from anyone else. If he got overtly preachy in AnbE Sivam Hey ! Ram's failure is to blame.

To be honest, I was not so happy about Kamal national award for Indian. It was great performance, no doubt, but everyone would remember him for sEnApathi not for Krishnaswamy and Guna.
    I guess you would have felt the same way if Hey Ram had been nominated. Right ?

Post Thanks / Like
    As far as not being India's best goes. It was , that year.Oscars are (ostensibly) a year-to-year affair. It would take a lot of imagination to say Crouching Tiger..... was a better film than Hey Ram. In that respect I am sorely disappointed about what happened.
    Could well be. I dont think I liked any movie which came out in 2000 better than Hey ram. I only watch tamil/hindi movies Even if it were nominated I dont think that it would have beaten Ameros Perros. Thats again debatable, I liked AP better

I guess you would have felt the same way if Hey Ram had been nominated. Right ?
    The two KH movies I like the most are mahaanadhi and dhEvar magan. These two movies are perfect examples that shows KH's genius as a writer. Needless to talk about his performance as an actor. Indian is a good movie, KH's performance was really good but it did not deserve a national award, IMO. I always forget that he got a NA for Indian. Even if hey raam had been nominated I dont think that I would rate that better than MN/DM.

btw, interesting to know that you did not like any tamil movie after HR. I always thought that the movie kaadhal (Balaji sakthivEl) deserved a NA. Realism to the core

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast