Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Oscar awards

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MADDY
    Quote Originally Posted by nilavupriyan
    by the way kamal has sent more movies to oscar
    if i'm not wrong its both ARR and Kamal at 6 each....... ....

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Diamond Hubber MADDY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    kamal 7!...
    what are they??? just curious.....
    _________
    Rahman's music is the ringtone on God's mobile phone

Post Thanks / Like
    Naayagan

Saagar (H)

Swathi Muthyam (Te)

Devar Magan

Kuruthipunal

Hey Ram

Indian

Post Thanks / Like

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MADDY
    i dint mean in that way...anyway...kelambu...kaatru varatum
    its the other way around......this is for discussing my ARR's Hindi movie which is going for oscars.......so it is u who shuld move out.... ......just kiddin........we wud like constructive criticism of RDB
    topic is oscar awards...not arr's entry to oscar!

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree that Kamal compromises on plot subtleties for saleability (even in Mahanadhi, which I consider his best work as a writer). The didactism is all too evident ThEvar Magan and Hey Ram, which seem to be at the cost of a dip in aesthetic finesse (I am not even talking about AnbE Sivam and Virumaandi).

But his seem ti be nearly the only Tamil films that have something for a repeat viewing. Something in some nook to be culled out and tasted ages after the first viewing.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd
    they think all KH fans are intellectuals and brilliant people and all others are inferior to them.

Common guys he isnt making movies which are way too complex to understand and he is no kubrick/kurosawa to watch his movies many times to understand the subtleties.
    I can only speak for myself here. It was only in the third or fourth viewing that Mahanadhi showed me things that were hitherto unseen. In fact I felt a bit embaressed that I had seen the movie ages back and still hadn't found things that were screaming out now. ThEvar Magan seems to reward me with something new in each and every viewing.

If Kamal movies are "not so complex" then I am part of the group that is, allegedly, looked down upon by KH fans. So I have to disagree with atleast one of your two statements above. Don't know which one to disagree with :P
    மூவா? முதல்வா! இனியெம்மைச் சோரேலே

Post Thanks / Like
    PR,
    En mandaikkum sila pala thadava paatha dhaan neraya vishayangal thenpadum Aandavar-in sila padangalil...adhulayum ungala madhiri alunga sila points sollumbodhu innum theliva sila vishayangal vilangum...

Wonder why KH/K/K are being compared......
    Naama Aandavar padatha thirumbi paakka kudatha? illa naama intellectuals nu sonnoma? Illa andha Kurosawa dhaan 'intellectual films edukkaren' endru claim pannara? [On the contrary he has gone on record many times saying that "I always believe movies should be simple. Otherwise i'm failing as a film maker"]. That we discover something new on every viewing is a different matter. Namma makkal Foreign padangal ellam pappanga.. aanaa....

P.S: OK, appadiye Aandavar padam avalavu complex illennaalum.... indha simple padangalaye purinjikkalaye namma makkal.. adhu dhaan Nilavupriyanin point...idhula Kurosawa-vayum Kambanayum inge kondu varuvaane?

Post Thanks / Like
    And yeah.. ennoda pangukku naanum

Senior Member Diamond Hubber Nerd's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    P.S: OK, appadiye Aandavar padam avalavu complex illennaalum.... indha simple padangalaye purinjikkalaye namma makkal.. adhu dhaan Nilavupriyanin point...idhula Kurosawa-vayum Kambanayum inge kondu varuvaane?
    antha simple padangaLa purinjikittum onnum aagappOvathu illai. athukku naanga veLi naattu padathayE paappOm.

Can agree with mahanadhi and DM being timeless classics, HR/VM are NOT..atleast in my books

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerd
    antha simple padangaLa purinjikittum onnum aagappOvathu illai. athukku naanga veLi naattu padathayE paappOm.

Can agree with mahanadhi and DM being timeless classics, HR/VM are NOT..atleast in my books
    Neenga veli naattu padatha paarungo, uL naattu animated cartoon flicks paarungo, onnum agapporadhu illai.... nanna paarungo....

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast