Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Oscar awards

Senior Member Diamond Hubber MADDY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Prabhu Ram
    It is not a bad film (considering Gladiator -re. which my opinions are mild- was the film of the year). But defeating Hey ! Ram is I think they made it up by nominating Lagaan next year :P
    dont tell me that "Lagaan" was nominated just to make up for not selecting Hey ram...

Alien, Lagaan was the best chance in history of Indian nominations.......FYI Hey Ram was not even in the last 5.......and u r already making up reasons for a probable-oscar for RDB......so once RDB gets an award u all will say they gave it bcos they wanted to give it for a indian movie and not that RDB deserved it.... ...

frankly speaking, i have better hopes on Water......
    _________
    Rahman's music is the ringtone on God's mobile phone

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Senior Hubber Alien's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Maddy, U got it all wrong once again ....

I, ofcourse, knew that Lagaan went the closest : that is into the last 5 ... But what I meant was, If there was an Indian film that deserved Oscar the most, then that is Hey Ram, of the last decade or so ...(among those popular ones ... forget those offbeat ones that is hardly known anywhere)..
    Lagaan def doesn't deserve it .... When compared to Lagaan, RDB deserves it better....

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MADDY
    It is not a bad film (considering Gladiator -re. which my opinions are mild- was the film of the year). But defeating Hey ! Ram is I think they made it up by nominating Lagaan next year :P
    dont tell me that "Lagaan" was nominated just to make up for not selecting Hey ram...
    Cool Maddy. Did you not see the :P emoticon at the end of my post. I think you were in a hurry to roll and laugh. Just to be clear in this post, I shall abstain from any form of kidding.

I take nothing away from the Lagaan team. I was cheering pretty hard even though I knew they were up against Amelie - which I liked much better.

As for RDB. I do not share the opinion that is a great movie but I will definitely be cheering for an oscar. We need not be clinical in assessing whether it is 'better' (however we define that) than the others in contention. Given CTHD was considered better than Hey Ram by the academy folks we never know what's in store.

To be kind we should not attempt to compare Lagaan,RDB etc. with Hey ! Ram. Even Kamal's later movies (AS, Virumaandi) cannot match up to that comparison.
    மூவா? முதல்வா! இனியெம்மைச் சோரேலே

Senior Member Diamond Hubber MADDY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    To be kind we should not attempt to compare Lagaan,RDB etc. with Hey ! Ram. Even Kamal's later movies (AS, Virumaandi) cannot match up to that comparison.
    RDB was a great effort from Raykesh Mehra........infact for North Indians its one of the best made works ever in Hindi.......its an epic.......a cult movie for the youth........even in the south, i was really surprised and heart warmed to see the anti-quota protest in Bangalore also was similar to RDB style....infact many websites were carrying predictions that Arjun Singh would be assasinated like the minister in RDB and they updgraded the security for him....... ......such was the impact....i dont think there has been any inspiring movie like this in recent Indian film history

Rang De Basanti - name itself sends shivers thru my spine.......jo khoon desh ke liye kaam nahin aaye, woh khoon nahin paani hain dialogue makes me cry even now......
    _________
    Rahman's music is the ringtone on God's mobile phone

Senior Member Diamond Hubber Nerd's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bhagat Singh's family rallies for RDB

http://www.ibnlive.com/news/bhagat-s...b/22639-8.html

Senior Member Diamond Hubber Nerd's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    LRMB as an independant entry to the oscars

http://www.ibnlive.com/news/munnabha...s/22824-8.html

Senior Member Devoted Hubber kamalsurya's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey guys what about Black *ing the Big B and Rani? I think it is a quality flim and flim which can fight equally with RDB...

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kamalsurya
    Hey guys what about Black *ing the Big B and Rani? I think it is a quality flim and flim which can fight equally with RDB...
    Black is a copy of Miracle Worker moreover black was released during 2004

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    saw munnabai today...nice movie!

sanjay dutt did really well....not like other bollywood actors!

sanjay dutt and aamir khan really impressed me!

Senior Member Devoted Hubber kamalsurya's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by great
    Quote Originally Posted by kamalsurya
    Black is a copy of Miracle Worker moreover black was released during 2004
    Oh was it? My bad, but i loved the movie

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast