Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Oscar awards

Senior Member Devoted Hubber kamalsurya's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Oscar awards

No surprise, it is Aamir khan again to the Oscars. Aamir khan’s Rang De Basanti is India's nomination for the Oscars this time. Directed by Rakesh Mehra and produced by Rakesh Mehra, Deven Khote, Ronnie Screwvala raced past Omkara and Lage Raho Munna Bhai as India's entry to the Oscars. Mohan Lal’s Thanmatra (Malayalam) was also in the race. But Rang De Basanti edged out all the competitors to emerge as a clear winner.
    Aamir Khan

Talking about the corruption in today's politics and comparing it with the era of Bhagat Singh, the director and the entire crew did a great job in making the movie a mega success across the nation and also beyond the borders. The screen play of the movie deserves a special mention. Not to mention the work of A.R.Rehman. The maestro had once again made all of us down south proud with his mind blowing music. This film had a lot of crew members from the south including Madhavan, Siddharth, Raju Sundaram, Chitra, Naresh Iyer and A.R.Rehman.

In all, there is no other movie more deserving than Rang De Basanti to represent India this time at the Oscars. Entering Oscars is in itself a battle won but the actual battle is to begin now. We wish the film and its crew all the very best at the Oscars.

Indian flim getting reconigtion on the international stage....What do u guys think of the noimation Rang De Basanti?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Surya's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I love Rand De Basanthi! But to be nominated for an Oscar? Hmm....
    Back after a while...

Senior Member Diamond Hubber groucho070's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Its okay. Its free for all in Oscar these days. I mean, even Halle Berry can win, can she?
    " நல்ல படம் , சுமாரான படம் என்பதையெல்லாம் தாண்டியவர் நடிகர் திலகம் . சிவாஜி படம் தோற்கலாம் ..சிவாஜி தோற்பதில்லை." - Joe Milton.

Senior Member Diamond Hubber MADDY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Surya, RDB has got rave reviews in the west.......there were standing ovations for this film in film festivals.....so, with a bit of investment, this movie can win the oscars itself......i'm very positive that this movie will have a huge impact on westerners way of thinking abt Indian movies....
    _________
    Rahman's music is the ringtone on God's mobile phone

Senior Member Regular Hubber r_o_j_a's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    i think rdb deserves to represent india for oscar nominations.
    loved the movie

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    its all abt the way we handle judges i guess...

whats there in "crouching tiger hidden dragon"..can anyone specify uts greatness

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by nilavupriyan
    its all abt the way we handle judges i guess...

whats there in "crouching tiger hidden dragon"..can anyone specify uts greatness
    To be even more precise, what is there Crouching Tiger that it 'towered' over Hey ! Ram (which didn't even get nominated).
    மூவா? முதல்வா! இனியெம்மைச் சோரேலே

Senior Member Senior Hubber Alien's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    yeah, true .... I donno how that crocuhing tiger and hidden drgaon got it? ! ..... I think Amorreos Perros was also nominated that year , but crouching .. ... They prolli felt it necessary to award a Chinese(Asian) movie the Oscar ...... ..... I think from India, Hey Ram must have been the best bet in the last decade or so ! .(I mean among the popular ones, haven't seen those offbeat ones .... )....... and it wasn't even sent .... But I feel RDB has a chance this time arnd, that is, if they feel the necessity to award an Indian movie the Oscar ....

Post Thanks / Like
    CTHD, if I remember right, was a huge hit in the US. It was running for the main oscars as well as the foreign language category.
    Ang Lee was nominated for Best Director. It was actually nominated for Best Picture (won by Gladiator), Editing,Costumes, Adapted Screenplay.
    They won it for Music Score,Cinematography and Art Direction.

It is not a bad film (considering Gladiator -re. which my opinions are mild- was the film of the year). But defeating Hey ! Ram is I think they made it up by nominating Lagaan next year :P
    மூவா? முதல்வா! இனியெம்மைச் சோரேலே

Senior Member Diamond Hubber Nerd's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    But that movie, beating amores perros is something to think of. Amores perros is one of my most favourite movies and its a cult classic Its a shame that it had to lose to crouching..

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast