Page 88 of 154 FirstFirst ... 3878868788899098138 ... LastLast

Thread: Hindi songs of Emotional Impact - nostalgic, favorites etc

Senior Member Veteran Hubber V_S's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh! I thought you were referring to some other 'mera pyar' song, it is that Mahendra kapoor song. Thanks!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    I recently came across an article about webpages of rare recordings of songs by K.L. Saigal, K.C. Dey and Pankaj Mullick; the pages being hosted by Mr. M.V. Surender of Hyderabad. I am sure that Raj, V_S and several other fans would find these links entertaining and useful:

http://kundanlalsaigal.com/

http://www.krishnachandradey.com/

http://www.pankajmullick.com/

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks a lot raagadevan for these treasure links. Really appreciate it. I recently bought a huge collection of K L Saigal from India including his rare ghazals. I only have few Pankaj Mallick's songs from Doctor, Zalzala, Meenakshi as he mostly worked for Bengali films. Also he worked with R C Boral (I would say he is the root/father of hindi film music). K C Dey I have assorted collection and listened only few. Great singer! Unfortunately he lost his vision at his young age.

One from K C Dey composed by Pankaj Mullick from Meenakshi (1943). It is like a meditation to listen to him.
    Last edited by V_S; 25th April 2012 at 08:06 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    My sister loves Rafi-Asha duets more than Rafi-lata duets. No big reason, may be the contrast between their voices is striking or the songs they both got are more special, since the music director has opted for Asha ji rather than top favorite Lata ji (excluding the unavailability factor) tells us something. Asha ji is underrated having lived in Lata ji's shadow, one of the greatest singers of all time. You can see her power in O P Nayyar's compositions, but here once again from Madan ji. Defining a pathos song! Nice to remember hearing this slow song amidst the rush and fast Mumbai squeezing train travel back to home after a tired day at work. What a contrast and neutralizing factor!

Humsafar Saath Apna Chhod Chale - Aakhri Dao (1958)
    Last edited by V_S; 25th April 2012 at 07:53 AM.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber rajraj's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

From my college days- Ankle bells,Asha and Rafi

A song from Zindagi(1954)

Ghungharwa mora cham cham baaje..........

" I think there is a world market for may be five computers". IBM Chairman Thomas Watson in 1943.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by V_S View Post
    Thanks a lot raagadevan for these treasure links. Really appreciate it. I recently bought a huge collection of K L Saigal from India including his rare ghazals. I only have few Pankaj Mallick's songs from Doctor, Zalzala, Meenakshi as he mostly worked for Bengali films. Also he worked with R C Boral (I would say he is the root/father of hindi film music). K C Dey I have assorted collection and listened only few. Great singer! Unfortunately he lost his vision at his young age.

One from K C Dey composed by Pankaj Mullick from Meenakshi (1943).
    V_S: Glad that you liked the links, and thank you for the additional info about the composers. I am trying to find time to listen to those rare songs, starting with Saigal.

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber Sunil_M88's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Senior Member Veteran Hubber rajraj's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Bhairavi again for the weekend

Here is a a song by K.L.Saigal from Devdas(1935):

Babul mora naihar chooto jaaye.........

If you like a classical rendition of longer duration, here is Bhimsen Joshi:

They seem to have used the song in Street Singer(1938).

It is bidding farewell to the bride after the wedding. The song is still popular.

Have a good weekend!

RD: Thanks for the links. I will post songs by Saigal.Mullick and others from the 30s periodically. Not sure how it will be received!
    " I think there is a world market for may be five computers". IBM Chairman Thomas Watson in 1943.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rajraj View Post
    RD: Thanks for the links. I will post songs by Saigal. Mullick and others from the 30s periodically. Not sure how it will be received!
    Raj: Even though I do not respond often enough, I want you to know that I enjoy the songs that you post on these pages and appreciate the sentiments that you express with those songs. The time-span may be different, but I also have very dear sentiments and nostalgia that I often relate to popular music of the day, in more than one language, including Hindi! Thank you!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks raj sir for Asha-Rafi duet from Zindagi. Please share your favorites of Saigal, Mullick and Dey. Waiting to hear. Babul Mora Naihar is one my most favorite Saigal song and I remember posting it sometime in December 2010/early last year with other versions as I heard this song was much popular those days. Thanks again for reminding such a rare gem.

RD: Thanks. Once you listen more to Saigal, you will find it very difficult to come out of it.
    Last edited by V_S; 30th April 2012 at 01:43 AM.