Page 62 of 154 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472112 ... LastLast

Thread: Hindi songs of Emotional Impact - nostalgic, favorites etc

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sunil,
    thanks for the song.. this is my most most favourite no........................ Haunthing tune................
    love the video also..........
    Usha Sankar

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Veteran Hubber V_S's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    That's a great one Sunil! As Usha ji said, a haunting one and the visuals also reflect that perfectly that mood with rain, mist and andhera setting in.

Post Thanks / Like

Rajnigandha - Floral tribute to Salil Da

Rajnigandha Phool Tumhare - Lataji
    Simple song conceived by Salil da as visualized by the legendary director Basu Chaterjee (I love most of his films). And how beautiful and elegant Vidya Sinha looks in sari with the bindi. Girl next door feeling.

Kai Baar Yuheen Dekha Hai - Mukesh Ji.
    Again on the streets of Mumbai. A very simple heart-felt melody. After brief pallavi, Salil da reminds their previous relation through that wonderful trumpet. Heroine caught in dilemma whether to renew her previous relation or go with her new lover. Salil da coming with a stunner of a tune and wow! Basu ji's visuals exploiting the situation perfectly. Mukesh expresses that dilemma exactly in his singing. No wonder he got National Award for best playback singer for singing this wonderful and memorable composition.

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber Sunil_M88's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ghoonghat mein chejra aapka

http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_u...?v=gY29mN9wew0

Hariharan in ARAs finest composition

Post Thanks / Like

Rare but Sweet Relationship

Simti si Sharmai si from Parwana (1971). What a memorable song!

Guitar strumming prelude! When Kishore sings 'Sharmai si' even a stone heart will melt. If you already started amazing the sweetness of pallavi, charanam sounds more sweeter and with Kishore's 'vengalam' and 'gaantham' voice attracts you completely. This was one of the special tunes composed especially for Kishore.

Another beauty of the song is the underlying rhythm pattern. When charanam starts with 'Jab Tak Tumhe Dekhaa Nahi' the percussion starts only at 'Tumhe Dekhaa Nahi' and it's so casually done. Also when Kishore sings 'Sharmai si' in pallavi after Charnam, there is a stop and then the beat starts with a sort of jerk giving a wonderful listen.

One of the first Madan Mohan songs I have been introduced to in 90's. Before I knew Madan Mohan's compositions, I used to think only Shankar-Jaikishen, SDB and Naushad were greatest composers, but this is one of the songs that proved me wrong completely. After this song I completely went back to 50's and 60's of MM (but not to forget his 70's gems like Baawarchi, Mausam, Parwana et al) and still stuck there. Also Madan Mohan and Kishore Kumar combination is very rare. MM preferred mostly Talat, Rafi, Lata and Asha for his style of compositions. Even though he belong to punjab school of composers, you can see there will be no hint of punjabi influence in his compositions which is another unique aspect. Sad part is he left us very early at the age of 51. Geniuses like Madan Mohan ji are not born again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by V_S View Post
    Simti si Sharmai si from Parwana (1971). What a memorable song!

Guitar strumming prelude! When Kishore sings 'Sharmai si' even a stone heart will melt. If you already started amazing the sweetness of pallavi, charanam sounds more sweeter and with Kishore's 'vengalam' and 'gaantham' voice attracts you completely. This was one of the special tunes composed especially for Kishore.

Another beauty of the song is the underlying rhythm pattern. When charanam starts with 'Jab Tak Tumhe Dekhaa Nahi' the percussion starts only at 'Tumhe Dekhaa Nahi' and it's so casually done. Also when Kishore sings 'Sharmai si' in pallavi after Charnam, there is a stop and then the beat starts with a sort of jerk giving a wonderful listen.

One of the first Madan Mohan songs I have been introduced to in 90's. Before I knew Madan Mohan's compositions, I used to think only Shankar-Jaikishen, SDB and Naushad were greatest composers, but this is one of the songs that proved me wrong completely. After this song I completely went back to 50's and 60's of MM (but not to forget his 70's gems like Baawarchi, Mausam, Parwana et al) and still stuck there. Also Madan Mohan and Kishore Kumar combination is very rare. MM preferred mostly Talat, Rafi, Lata and Asha for his style of compositions. Even though he belong to punjab school of composers, you can see there will be no hint of punjabi influence in his compositions which is another unique aspect. Sad part is he left us very early at the age of 51. Geniuses like Madan Mohan ji are not born again.

Navin nischol looks so young, he passed away this year on 19 march. R.I.P

Post Thanks / Like
    Here is another song from Goonghat. I think it is one of the rarest duets of SPB and asha man.

Enjoy!

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the no Sunil. Nice Picturisation................ like it.....
    Usha Sankar

Post Thanks / Like

Timeless classics by Madan Mohan and Lata Mangeshkar

This is what I have been taking about. Madan Mohan of 50's. If I say a word about these compositions, I will be limiting its beauty. Please take one song at a time at your leisure and just enjoy them separately. I guarantee you will never to return to 2011 and its mediocrity. People say Lataji has saved her best to sing for Madan Mohanji which is very true. I can hear from these songs straightway and these songs were sung by Lataji when she was just in her teens and 20's. Feel the emotion brought out by Lataji at her early age and that's why she is Queen of singers. Because Madan Mohan's compositions are difficult to sing, especially his 50's and 60's. Without Lataji it would be impossible to get the soul out of his hard-worked compositions. Can you hum today's songs and relish, just that you have to see some one perform and enjoy. It is always a great feeling when you are able to hum a song after your first listen or whenever the song comes to your mind. These are the kind of songs which will take you to eternity.

Sanwari Surat Mann Bhai - Ada (1951)

Hame Ho Gaya Tumse Pyar - Madhosh (1951)

Mera qarar leja - Ashiana (1952)
    (only Talat version is there on the net, could not find lata's version for listening, but it is there for download)

Badi Barbadiyan Lekar - Dhun (1953)

Hamare Baad Ab Mehfil Mein - Baghi (1953)

Chand Madhyam hai - Railway Platform (1955)

Sapne Mein sajan Se Do Baatein - Gateway of India (1957)

Tu pyar Kare Ya Thukraye - Dekh Kabira Roya (1957)

Chain Nahin Aaye Kahan Dil Jaye - Samundar (1957)

Hum Pyar Mein Jalnewalon Ki - Adalat (1958)

Tum Ho Saath Raat Bhi Haseen - Mohar (1959)

Thanks a lot for youtube uploaders who are very passionate about these gems and bringing back great memories.

Post Thanks / Like
    Lovely memorable song from Mohra