Page 52 of 154 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102152 ... LastLast

Thread: Hindi songs of Emotional Impact - nostalgic, favorites etc

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber Sunil_M88's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by V_S
    Babul Mora Naihar Chhooto tradition (Raag Bhairavi)
    A memorable song usually sung at the wedding when their daughter/sister leaves home after marriage.

The first version sung by the first and the greatest filmi singer of all time K L Saigal saab. Saigal saab did not have any formal classical eduction, but still his singing and voice emotes to the maximum depth possible!
    K L Saigal (from film Street Singer 1938)

This version is more interesting as Joshi saab takes classical route, rather filmi route, and brings the essence of bhairavi raag.
    Pt. Bhimsen Joshi

One of the best comment from this link:
    Bhimshen ji, you are the Einstein of Music! Mankind owes you a royalty just because you existed.

This is a ghazal version of the same song sung by ghazal kind Jagjit Singh ji and Chitra Singh ji for the film again.
    Jagjit Singh & Chitra Singh (1973 for film Aaviskar MD: Kanu roy)

This version is live, Jagjitji showcasing his talent, with able support from Tabla. What a combination and singing!
    Jagjit Singh - Live

In this version, Nerukar Ji is paying tribute to Saigal saab. Surprise package, as she is confidently delivering Saigal's song with great ease! Hats off!
    (second song from 3:58)

So which one do you like?
    V_S, your such a Mr. nostalgia hehe. Thanks a lot man! Nothing comes close to the original... Saigal, was my granddad's fav singer.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Veteran Hubber V_S's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Sunil! Good to know Saigal was your granddad's fav. singer. Even my father's too. Through him only I came to know all these legends, what a rich talent and what a period those were!. Yes, I usually get lost mostly in those old time music.
    Coming to the song, yes original is always original, my favorite also is Saigal saab for the emotion he brought in the song. But everyone had their own style in their singing, stamping their class!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunil_M88
    Manna Dey & Lata - Aaja Sanam Madhur Chandni - Chori Chori [1956] - . What a classic
    Wow! Shankar Jaikishen ji!! Very refreshing song and what an album that is! The orchestration is fantastic, is that accordian? (I heard only Shankar Jaikishen used more instruments compared to other music directors of that time). Manna Dey and Lata at their best!
    We used to listen to these songs (with friends and neighbours) during night after dinner outside our home gate sitting or lying on a cot (that kayathu kattil!) or easy chair gazing the sky and stars, with that gentle breeze!

Thanks a lot Sunil!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by V_S
    We used to listen to these songs (with friends and neighbours) during night after dinner outside our home gate sitting or lying on a cot (that kayathu kattil!) or easy chair gazing the sky and stars, with that gentle breeze!

Post Thanks / Like
    - Mere yaad mein tum na - Madhosh

Superb pathos by Talat ji.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks to Hariharanji for reminding me this song. Listening after a long time. This song is one of his favorite song and one of the participant sang this lovely song in the 'My Favorite' (Hari's favorite) round in Hariyudan Naan show in Jaya TV.
    What a composition by Madan Mohan ji. Zara Se Aahat Hoti Hai Lata's voice sweet as honey!!

Etthanai murai Kettalum salippathillai!

Don't want to spoil the mood of the song by posting the video of the song, so posting the audio link of it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Dekh Kabira Roya (1957) by genius Madan Mohan.

Another mellifluous composition from Madan Mohan ji, this time with Manna Dey saab. "Kaun Aaya Mere Manke Dware"

From the same film, "Meri Veena Tum Bin Roye" by Lata and Asha.

And the last one by none other than Talat Mahmood. "Humse Aaya Na Gaya Tumse Bulaya Na Gaya"

All songs has steady flow like a stream, no jerks, no bumps. Minimalistic instruments, but all concentration in tune and singing. The composition looks simple, but tune is itself very complex, unlike today's compositions, no variations, very flat tunes. They only concentrate on arrangements, comfortably leaving out the soul of the song, which is the tune.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mausam (1975) - Madan Mohan melodies of the highest order

A beautiful love song, with lush green at the background. Excellently sung by Lata and Bhupinder Singh.

Now listen to the next version. Just close your eyes and dissolve in this song. What a depth in Bhupinder's voice. Best medicine for relaxation.

Two totally different tunes for totally different situation, but the lyrics are same. That's why a genius like Madan Mohan is required. This also shows why always Maestro Ilaiyaraaja always mention about Madan Mohanji.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

simple but sweet......................
    Usha Sankar

Post Thanks / Like

Aye Meri Zohra Jabeen from Waqt (1965)

Music by great Ravi. Amazing lyrics!!
    This song always brings joy and happiness within us and around us. Great love song, but the way Manna Dey saab has sung certainly brings warmth/Enthusiasm (I don't know an apt word for குதூகலம்). Till today I was only listening to this song, until I found this video.

What a performance from both Balraj Shahni and Achla Sachdev. That smile and shyness in Achla Sachdev's face is par excellence. At one instance, she just feels her husband's love and takes a deep breath. It's very natural and could not imagine she is acting. Just for her acting I watched this song so many times. I love it.