Page 50 of 154 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260100150 ... LastLast

Thread: Hindi songs of Emotional Impact - nostalgic, favorites etc

Senior Member Veteran Hubber ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Latest favourites !

- '' Chori Kiya Re Jiya '' from Dabangg !!

- '' Munni Badnaam '' from Dabangg !

- '' Hud Hud Dabangg '' also
    Dream Big !

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like
    Ek DoubT : Is the girl in the screenshot of this video Isha Kopikar ?? Youtube Video
    Dream Big !

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    IPVK, can you use the songs you heard lately thread for these? You dont seem to be discussing any emotional impact in the songs you quote in this thread.
    Besides, what emotional impact can "munni badnaam hui" have in one. And even if it does, is it something to be discussed publicly?

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok Plumji, But i can see some posts above quoting only the songs ... So should i continue here or go to the lately humming thread ??

By the by, i know just 10-20 % hindi & most songs i listen just for the playback and the music !!! I don't know the meaning for all these songs except Main Hoon Don to some extent !! Also Is that girl in my above post Isha Kopikar !! Pls clarify it
    Dream Big !

Post Thanks / Like
    IPVK, thanks for understanding. Youtube is not accessible at office so I cant confirm. there are a lot of thillAlangadis in this forum who can "theerthu vechufy pAndiya mannanin sandhEgam", though

Post Thanks / Like
    So should i continue here or go to the lately humming thread ?? :P
    Dream Big !

Post Thanks / Like
    If you post here, I would expect you to write about the emotional impact the song had on you. To begin with, you can write about the emotional impact "munni badnaam hui" on you

Post Thanks / Like
    I'll leave this thread !! Actually i dunno what's an emotional impact,... I listen songs just for entertainment and like a pass time.... Munni Badnam was a very nice fast number with good playback voice !!

I'll continue in the other thread !!
    Dream Big !

Post Thanks / Like
    I am sure many would know about this legendry hindi film composer Roshan (Roshan Lal Nagrath) father of Rakesh Roshan and Rajesh Roshan and grand father of Hritik Roshan. Eventhough he was prolific and active only during 50s and 60s, the songs he composed were just mindblowing!! The way he blends the indian classical music with folk music makes him the pioneer in this field. One such film is Aarti which was released in 1962 starring Ashok Kumar, Pradeep Kumar and Meena Kumari. The lyrics were by another legend Majrooh Sultanpuri.

I was listening to it while driving today, intending to skip few songs, as normally all songs in a movie won't be likeable. But the songs only made be push the rewind buttons again and again.

Here are those gems. Heart melting and free flowing tunes. There are no jerks.

1. "Aapne Yaad Dilaya" Mohammed Rafi, Lata Mangeshkar (The song melts you like anything. Lata joins Rafi only at the end, but that is the highlight of this entire song. The feel Rafi has given in song can't be put in words).

2. "Ab Kya Misal Doon" Mohammed Rafi (Again a beauty of a song, Rafi stands far apart).

3. "Baar Baar Tohe Kya" Mohammed Rafi, Lata Mangeshkar

4. "Bane Ho Ek Khak Se" Lata Mangeshkar

5. "Kabhi To Milegi" Lata Mangeshkar (Absolute gem, was searching for this song for quite long time, since I heard during my school days, found it today).

6. "Na Bhanwara Na Koi Gul" Mohammed Rafi, Asha Bhosle

7. "Tere Bin Lage Na Jiya" Mohammed Rafi, Lata Mangeshkar

8. "Woh Teer Dil Pe Chala" Mohammed Rafi, Asha Bhosle

Roshan has composed so many other treasures like Bawre Nain, Tajmahal, Barsaat Ki Raat, Chitralekha and much more.

PS: Another reason I got to know about Roshan is through Maestro Ilaiyaraaja (whom I adore as much as these composers), who always mentions about Roshan and Madhan Mohan. These songs are testimony for his belief. Enjoy listening!

Post Thanks / Like

Guide (1965) - A Classic by S D Burman

One of the best Hindi movie ever made IMHO!! One of my most favorite and emotional film!!
    A great thing about this movie is, the story is none other by the Great "R K Narayan".

Dev Anand pairing with Waheeda Rehman.
    Legends Rafi, Lata & Kishore bringing soul & life to S D Burman's composition.

- Title song, sung by none other than the composer himself, S D Burman, very rare song!! Soul stirring folk song, Unconventional voice!!
    - The only Kishore kumar song in this film, Great duet song. What a beautiful pair Dev Anand & Waheeda!!
    - Best example of the feeling of first time love. What a sweet song and honey soaked rendition by Lata. Hats off to S D Burman!!
    - Excellent song by Lata and excellent dancing by Waheeda!!
    - Another example of melody, how it should be
    - One of the best song ever in Hindi cinema!! Can anybody sing like Rafi, the most gifted singer!! What a song!! Excellent picturization and acting by Dev Anand & Waheeda!! Kudos to director Vijay Anand.
    - Excellent pathos song again by Rafi saab, eyes are wet after listening/watching this song!! Very meaningful song. One phrase says "You are so much nearer to my heart, Yet how far you are! ... Lyrics by the great Shailendra, hats off!!
    - Again excellent pathos song by Rafi saab!! What to say about this song, no words!!
    - Spiritual Bhajan towards the end of the film and the climax!! What a perfect finish to this perfect film!!

Enjoy the classic!!