Page 44 of 154 FirstFirst ... 3442434445465494144 ... LastLast

Thread: Hindi songs of Emotional Impact - nostalgic, favorites etc

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Querida's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Shakthiprabha
    http://www.chakpak.com/movie/anwar/story/18835

Thats the story I believe, wise u guided us to another video where we just could listen to the song. Sometimes audio takes us to a diff world, of our own where no crude realities are present. Audio vs video and hence the former.

Story of an utterly doomed person, probably (didn't) hit well at bo cause of bad script
    I didn't want the movie's reputation putting a downer on the amazing songs..People like to assume that if the songs are wow so is the movie...the movie turned out to be too distracted, abstract and sloppy to be as inspirational as it's songs. Also there were two MDs used...Mithoon is the MD of the two above songs. Pankaj Aswathi is the other MD. I wish they had let Mithoon be the sole MD of this doomed movie.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like
    Hits from "Abhimaan"

The touching "Tere Mere Milan Ki"

The cute "Tere Bindiya Re"

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Shakthiprabha's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    lol I was just listening to ur 2 "do raaste" songs. Other songs from the same movie are good too. How wish Q you could understand the lyrisc to enjoy the song more

and abhimaan needless to say. Amitabh simply rules. not far behind is rajesh khanna. Thank you for sharing. I would post songs too. I am happy to see ppl responding here

lol Q therez NO HEAVEN like listening to ur fav songs (or soothing melodies ) or any kinda music during the serenity of night Its LUXURY to be sipped and enjoyed dip by dip

_____

and thats from my side tonight. This song gives me an unshakeable feeling "having listened to this music somewhere...long long ago". lol. Most probably it would be my first childhoood memory of this song in some 'vividh bharathi' in radio

Post Thanks / Like
    How wish Q you could understand the lyrisc to enjoy the song more
    Me too Shakthi...with the newer songs I try to find the english translations...but always am told that the translations are nothing near the true meaning of it...

Amitabh simply rules. not far behind is rajesh khanna.
    NO doubt!!

and thats from my side tonight. This song gives me an unshakeable feeling "having listened to this music somewhere...long long ago". lol. Most probably it would be my first childhoood memory of this song in some 'vividh bharathi' in radio
    beautiful song Shakthi...sooo melodious...please a little gist of what this song is about Shakthi...if you have time?

Post Thanks / Like
    My Selection:

"Kabhi, Kabhi Mera Dil Mein"...sing is Mukesh

the sad version is tear-jerking to say the least...with Lata...I didn't want to post this version..cause it makes me all esp when Mukesh's voice intersperses as a bittersweet memory...but Lata's version deserves to be shared:

Post Thanks / Like
    hey Q

kabhi kabhi is too magical to be left unattended. Hence someone or the other would bring it up everynow n then. Strangely it never tires to listen / watch again.

Indeed sad! very sad. Until recently I never knew this had a sad version. The scene is self explanatory why its painful. What more to say!

Quote Originally Posted by Querida

beautiful song Shakthi...sooo melodious...please a little gist of what this song is about Shakthi...if you have time?
    A vague idea of the meaning and context would be :

A song which thoroughly enjoys the sweetness of monsoon and its impact on the mind. Its also says during such a sweet monsoon heart has come upon a 'stranger' and this adds to the special feeling probably this monsoon brings unlike earlier ones.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Shakthi

A vague idea of the meaning and context would be :

A song which thoroughly enjoys the sweetness of monsoon and its impact on the mind. Its also says during such a sweet monsoon heart has come upon a 'stranger' and this adds to the special feeling probably this monsoon brings unlike earlier ones.
    I know it is no easy task. The lack of words for feelings in the English language is quite piteous, rather one has to explain one self using reams and reams of words and similes. I thought it had to do with rain the moment I heard "rhim jhim" in the title.

I only watched this movie recently, and though the highlight of this movie may be seen as the lost brothers and their unifying song "Yaadon Ki Bharat"...I very much like this one some kind soul provided english subtitles to this song on another link

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Querida
    "Yaadon Ki Bharat"...I very much like this one some kind soul provided english subtitles to this song on another link

lol Q! u seem to like all my favs I am so happy! zeenat ammmman :P rocked (though wasn't classically or technically beautiful I supp she was considered very sensual)

This is my FAVVOURITE KRISHNA SONG! Lakshmikant pyarelal....Created a magic!!! Watched it and heard it as a kid and hence too special

Y(j)ashomathi mayya se
    bole nand-laala
    radha kyoon gori?
    mein kyoon kaala!
    bole muskaathi mayya
    lalan ko bataaya
    kaari andhyaari adhi raat mein tu aaya!
    laadla kainhaiya mera hooooooo oh
    laadla kanhaiya mera kaali kamali waala
    isliyE kaala!

bole muskaati mayya
    sun mere pyaare
    gori gori radhika ki nain kajraa Re
    kaalE nainon waale ne hooo...oh...
    kaalE nainon waale ne
    aisa jaadho daalaa...isliyE kaala !

(bhajan video of the song)

(movie version)

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Shakthi

Thank you for posting both the bhajan and movie version...I liked the bhajan version alot The movie version reminded me of a scene in "Shankarabharanam"...

I would like to share this very old song I came across sung by Lata. The translation in english is quite profound, I hope that you enjoy this song more than I have

The english translation that I found:
    Ae Malik Tere Bande Hum - Oh lord, your servants are we
    Aise ho hamare Kadam - Those are how our steps should be in the future
    Naiki per chale aur badi se tale taki haste huwe nikle dam -- Walking on the path of goodness and shying away from evil so that with a smile we may die.
    Bada Kamzore Hain Aadmi - Man is Very weak

Abhi Lakhon Hain Isme Kami - He has still thousands of shortcomings.
    Per tu jo khada, Hain Dayalu Bada - But you who are standing are very generous.
    Teri Kirpa se dharti thami - The earth stands still because of your kindness.
    Diya tune hame jab janam, tuhi jelenga hum sabh ke gham -- Since you have given us life you will bear all of our pain.
    Jabh zulmon ka ho samna tabh tuhi hamain tham na -- When we face injustice, you take a hold of us

Woh burayin kare, ham bhalayin bhare, nahin badle ki ho kamna -- They inflict harm, we pour compassion, may we not have any wishes for revenge
    Badh uthe pyar ka her kadam or mite baer ka ye bharam -- may each step of love take hold and break the shroud of unkindness
    Naiki per chale aur badi se tale taki haste huwe nikle dam -- walking on the path of goodness and shying away from evil so that with a smile we may die.

- Courtesy of bhajansonline.blogspot.com

Post Thanks / Like

veer zaara was musical treat.

Madan mohan

I remember listneing to few of his numbers as a kid. Thanks to his son, the MAGIC was re-created in veer zaara.

Who can forget "jaanam dekhlo mitgayi" or other numbers

I can GIVE MY LIFE for veer-zaara album