Page 85 of 154 FirstFirst ... 3575838485868795135 ... LastLast

Thread: Hindi songs of Emotional Impact - nostalgic, favorites etc

Senior Member Veteran Hubber rajraj's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Teacher(music director) sings for a student(singer)

Mai re main kaase........ from Dastak(1970):

Madan Mohan:

Lata Mangeshkar:

Cooments in other clips of the song say that Madan Mohan sang this because he wanted it sung in a particular way. Nothing new. I am sure music directors do it often.

This is in Bageshri or close!

Shakthi and V_S : You are welcome!

V_S: "neenga neengathaan, naanga naangathaan" It is known as generation gap! I am glad you liked the songs.

Shakthi: I add information about ragas as tid bits. Once a north Indian friend asked me about the carnatic equivalent of Bhimpalasi. I told him it was Abheri and that we also use Bhimpalas. That is why you see ragas mentioned. I don't think we want to make it too technical! I will think about it. All my books on music are in storage!

-
    " I think there is a world market for may be five computers". IBM Chairman Thomas Watson in 1943.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Shakthiprabha's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    thanks raj...lovely songs.. Bageshri...For me it also sounded mildly like dwijawanti (akilandeshwari) ...(may be my love towards dwijawanti taken this far) . Watching lata's version made me curious and I just checked the story. Sanjeev kumar and rehna sultan, in 1970 movie it seems. I wish someone could throw a one line spoiler about the climax.

Post Thanks / Like

A song in ragamaligai for the weekend

Tamil movie songs have used ragamaligai. For the first time I found a Hindi movie song in ragamaligai (gaud sarang,miyan ki malhar,jogiya and bahar) The song is about seasons (Ritu) from Hamdard(1953):

Ritu aaye ritu jaaye.........(embedding disabled. Click on the link) First three songs in a four song sequence.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=3SVtiSczxII

Pee bin soona re.......(last two songs)

Have a good weekend!
    " I think there is a world market for may be five computers". IBM Chairman Thomas Watson in 1943.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber V_S's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Missed this thread for atleast a week. Great songs shared by raj sir, Designer, Saai, tfmlover, raagadevan, Sunil and SP. That was lovely guitar in shivranjani. Thank you all.

I was hearing Dastak songs just before entering this thread, and raj sir has already posted this song. You read my mind. I love Madan Mohan's rendition. That's the soul we are taking about from the true souce from where the song was originated. What a combination, Lata-Madan!

You also added another surprise this week, with Anil Biswas composition. What a singer Manna Dey is and Lata-Manna Dey is always a very special and rare combination. Thanks raj sir!

BTW I was collecting and listening to some C. Ramchandra's (Chitalkar) gems this week from Albela, Anarkali, Baarish, Nadiya Ke Paar, Navrang, Pehli Jhalak, Samadhi, Sangeeta, Shehnai, Zindagi Aur Maut and many more.

Wanted to post everything, but one from that everlasting list from Baarish by Lataji and Chitalkar himself. They are all big mountains and hearing these compositions seems like today's generation songs are not even molehills.

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you Shakthi, Sunil, tfmlover, Saai, V_S and Raj for the great songs. I am a big fan of "old" Hindi songs too, but what I considered old until recently were not nearly as old as the great songs that are being posted on these pages these days! Raj and V_S and others have opened up a new door for me to appreciate and enjoy the real classics from previous years. Thank you; and please keep them coming!

For a change of pace, here is a folksy "old" one!

"yammaa yee yamma vuu yammaa vu yammaa..."; a song from Rajshri's SUN SAJNA (1982); sung by K.J. Yesudas and Usha Mangeshkar; with music by Raam Laxman. Yesudas also sang happy and sad versions of the duet "sun sajna mEra mann..." with Anuradha Podwal in the same movie.

I vaguely remember watching the video of this song a long time ago on a VHS player. Could not find a video online.

This is real fusion, in a linguistic sense; "mEri bhaasha thamiL hei, thEri bOli malayaaLam, mil hi gayaa par thErE hrudhayam sE mEraa idhaiyam..."; a Tamil guy and Malayali girl singing to each other in Hindi!

http://ww.smashits.com/audio/player/...?SongIds=36567

Post Thanks / Like

If you like Shivaranjani......

here is a haunting melody from Bees Saal Baad(1962):

kahin deep jale.........

The movie was popular in the 60s.

Post Thanks / Like

More Rafi

A song from Ustadon ke ustad (1960)

Sou bar janam lenge.........

Tamil version from Vallavanukku vallavan(1964/65)

Oraayiram paarvaiyile.........

Post Thanks / Like
    "Sou bar janam lenge" : A poignant song superbly rendered by Mohammed Rafi. "Oraayiram paarvaiyile" is also well sung by TMS, but I like the original version better.

Thanks Raj.

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber Sunil_M88's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ghazals by Ustaad Nusrat Ji

Fasl-E-Gul Hai Saja Hai Mekhana http://youtube.com/watch?v=knT8kCkD_NU

Dost Kiya Khoob http://youtube.com/watch?v=7cQ9DQCtFZU

Mein Khyaal Hoon http://youtube.com/watch?v=6SKb0gOR8SU

(I believe they are other versions released of these by other artists i.e. Pankaj Udhas and the late Jagjit Singh)

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber Sunil_M88's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like