Results 1,241 to 1,250 of 1266

Thread: Film Stats & Assorted queries

Senior Member Regular Hubber Bipolar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HonestRaj View Post
    shriya - almost field out..
    trish - will soon join shriya's list..

Shame...

I feel that sometimes women in their late twenties or early thirties can look even more beautiful than in their early twenties... certainly that's the case with Nayanthara (maybe it's just the fact that she's lost some weight in recent years) - I find her more attractive in her recent films - beautiful curves, better make-up, better hair-styling, etc. I would say much the same with Trisha and Shreya actually, in recent films they look more attractive...

Or maybe it's just that in recent years make-up and styling technicians in Kollywood have become more skilled...

I mean in "Chandramukhi", Nayanthara didn't look very attractive at all... same for Trisha in "Saamy"...

"The best form is no form." - Bruce Lee

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HonestRaj View Post
    vijayakanth had 18 releases in 1984, all in tamil, & i read it was a record...
    i have list.. will share it here
    others can confirm for other actors

Attachment 2928Attachment 2929Attachment 2930

i have the list for his first 100 films...
    serial no. is the film order.. for eg: nooravathu naaL is his 25th film

Wow...

So how did they do it back then?

I mean he must have been working on three or four films at the same time... Was that common at the time?

Is it common these days?

Senior Member Diamond Hubber HonestRaj's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bipolar View Post
    Shame...

I feel that sometimes women in their late twenties or early thirties can look even more beautiful than in their early twenties... certainly that's the case with Nayanthara (maybe it's just the fact that she's lost some weight in recent years) - I find her more attractive in her recent films - beautiful curves, better make-up, better hair-styling, etc. I would say much the same with Trisha and Shreya actually, in recent films they look more attractive...

Or maybe it's just that in recent years make-up and styling technicians in Kollywood have become more skilled...

I mean in "Chandramukhi", Nayanthara didn't look very attractive at all... same for Trisha in "Saamy"...
    i agree with you on this...
    shriya looks more beautiful in recent times, may be in last 4 years unlike the E 20 U 18, mazhai days..
    same goes with Trisha.. i too don't like lesa lesa, saamy trish.. but liked mounam pesiyathey trish (exception)..

Nayanthara has become aunty.. she was good in BEB but not in Aarambam

Senior Member Diamond Hubber HonestRaj's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bipolar View Post

Wow...

So how did they do it back then?

I mean he must have been working on three or four films at the same time... Was that common at the time?

Is it common these days?
    it was very common those days.. but not now..
    during this time, vijayakanth had a motorbike & used to go to different locations one after the other with very little rest.. almost worked round the clock.. [read from a magazine]..

Post Thanks / Like

I am also curious about camera technology in Kollywood, shall we say particularly starting from 1975...

Would anyone be able to give information/details on how this has been evolving/progressing over the years? Especially differences in cost, time taken, etc.

E.g. is film completely out these days? Is digital cheaper? Is it quicker? Size of cameras and associated equipment, etc.?

Post Thanks / Like

Does anyone know how film production costs work in Kollywood?

I'm particularly curious to know how costs have changed over the years...

I was born in 1982, so I'm most interested in the history of Tamil Cinema starting from 1980... but why not go back just a few more years... so I'd like to start with trends from 1975...

So, what were the costs for camera work and film processing?

How long did film processing take? Was there any change between 1975 and 2005 (i.e. did processing become quicker/cheaper)?

Would be nice if someone could provide details...

Last edited by Bipolar; 19th January 2014 at 08:04 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Just wondering if there have been any cinema/theatrical releases in South India of movies made on mobile phones (or "cellular" phones)? If not, then is that likely to happen any time soon?

Also, what's the smallest camera that has been used for cinema/T.V. purposes in Tamil Nadu?

I mean, I was wondering what the production costs would be like for a movie made on a mobile phone camera/hand-held digital video camera with "post-production" done on a laptop...

Another point - for a separate discussion - I feel, as production costs go down, the variety of movies made will be greater, and probably the quality will improve overall, as directors/producers can experiment with scripts which may not appear to have much "commercial" potential (as financial risks will be less severe) - agree or disagree?

Post Thanks / Like

BTW, what's the situation with "Marudhanaayagam"? And I don't fully understand why KH is apparently unable to complete this film while he goes on making other films... The last time I heard him say anything about that particular "project" was when he made a brief passing reference to it in a recent televised interview, stating he had significant financial problems shortly after launching production, but he made no comment on his current intentions, i.e. whether he intends to resume production, etc. Someone stated a long while ago that KH considered the project to be of great "artistic importance" to him, and that all his other projects were primarily intended to shore himself up financially - but it's been in cold storage now for 17 years!

Post Thanks / Like
    I have directed a short film and it is available in Youtube now. Is it possible for me to share it with you guys here? Last time I posted a teaser and someone said it was inappropriate to do so. I really want you guys to watch it and let me know your comments. Possible?
    Vaazhvathu edharku vaiyagathin sugangalai vaazhkaiyil perathaane!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kubrick View Post
    I have directed a short film and it is available in Youtube now. Is it possible for me to share it with you guys here? Last time I posted a teaser and someone said it was inappropriate to do so. I really want you guys to watch it and let me know your comments. Possible?
    Go here.