Page 116 of 127 FirstFirst ... 1666106114115116117118126 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,160 of 1266

Thread: Film Stats & Assorted queries

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    So NOV what you are saying is that Rahman, Thaman,GVP etc's output is inferior to old songs (60s and 50s)adhaanE? Agreed (avalai ninaichchu uralai idithth kadhai )

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like
    I'd be happy to see a technical discussion on mettukkupaattu vs viceversa. Not "my daddy is bigger" stuff with dubious stats.

Post Thanks / Like
    There was an excellent discussion in Brangan's blog years ago on this. Googlemaasters can try to retrieve it - worthwhile than going into a number game and hypothesis without backing logic.

Administrator Platinum Hubber NOV's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    ap, nothing to ashamed of as we are always learning. I asked becos many of the times you have said that you are listening to a popular IR song for the first time. that being the case I was wondering whether you would be aware of the period before IR.
    what you have posted above is just a scratch off the surface. I dont think you should come to any conclusion based on it.

anyway, when I asked about the evolution I meant from the period when the songs were recorded live at the shooting spot, with the music troupe following but careful not to appear in the camera.

secondly, are you aware of the scathing remarks made by kannadhasan when asked to write mettukku paattu by MSV for a movie in the 80s? he wrote insipidly but inspite of that the song went on to become a hit?

in conclusion my vote is always for pAttu first & mettu next
    Never argue with a fool or he will drag you down to his level and beat you at it through sheer experience!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NOV View Post
    I dont think you should come to any conclusion based on it.
    That's exactly what I did - i.e. without actual data base, I don't want to conclude one way or other. Since you believe in one to be a fact, the burden to show proof is on you

I agree each of us can have a "preferred way" but that need not be the one that had been proved to be historically, factually, the best way

p.s.
    During the recent IR Jaya TV concert in Chennai, rAsA talked about how kavingar instantly wrote lines for his mettu. Which is opposite to his "scathing remarks to MSV" that you referred in your post...just shows that kavingar wasn't consistent in his behaviour So, IMHO, it's not factual to conclude that all his best numbers were automatically 'pAttukku mettu' (or the other way around).

Administrator Platinum Hubber NOV's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    You are assuming too many things ae.
    from my "scathing remarks to MSV" and your "kavingar instantly wrote lines for his mettu" you have come to the conclusion " kavingar wasn't consistent in his behaviour"
    adhu eppadi konjam kooda logic illaama?

anyway, if you dont wish to know things, its not my loss.
    Never argue with a fool or he will drag you down to his level and beat you at it through sheer experience!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NOV View Post
    adhu eppadi konjam kooda logic illaama?
    On one occasion, kavingar hits out against writing mettukkuppAttu.

On another, he showers poem for pre-composed mettu like the flow of a river (Ayiram malarkaLE malarungaL amudha geetham pAdungaL).

Isn't that statistically "inconsistent" behaviour, strictly w.r.t. the topic under discussion (as to what was the "actual" working method of kavingar, not the "preferred method")

I'm looking at this phenomenon purely from a statistical angle...and not straying from logic there

To me, pAttukku mettu or mettukkuppAttu resulting in a great song had been a random occurence (and not a consistent occurence), influenced more by the people involved rather than the process

Unless hard numbers / data can be shown, we cannot increase the probability of either-ngREn...avvaLavE

Post Thanks / Like
    And, we're not even talking about another jAmbavAn Valee here who wrote tons of songs for mettu

Though can never be considered equal to kavingar on quality, Mr Rangarajan did have much bigger quantity in TFM history and not all of them were mAnE thEnE stuff only...

Post Thanks / Like
    Burden of proof lies with you NOV. You are theorising and presenting the last statement of the theorem without any attempt to explain the steps by which you arrived at that. Maybe you are like Ramanujan who scribbled equations just like that in margins of 40 pakka note book and peopole are still trying to prove those. If so, proud to be a member of a forum moderated by you. PiRkAlathula ungaLa paththi interview koduththu sambAdichukuven

Senior Member Diamond Hubber SoftSword's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Plum View Post
    So NOV what you are saying is that Rahman, Thaman,GVP etc's output is inferior to old songs (60s and 50s)adhaanE? Agreed (avalai ninaichchu uralai idithth kadhai )
    epdi kattam kattunaar paattheengalaa...
    note pannikkiraen...
    Sach is Life..