Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Mellisai Mannar M.S. VISWANATHAN

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by venkkiram View Post

தான் ஈடுபடும் கலையிலேயே தனக்கு ஒரு நல்ல சீடர் அமைவது குருவுக்கே பெருமை. அந்த வகையில் நமது பாரம்பர்ய இசையின் தொடர் சங்கிலியின் கடைசி முடிச்சியாக திகழும் இளையராஜா என்ற சீடரை பெற்ற மெல்லிசை மன்னர் புண்ணியம் செய்தவர். தமிழ்த் திரையுல இசை சாம்ராஜ்யத்தின் மிக முக்கிய நிகழ்வாக, மெல்லிசை மன்னரும், இசை ஞானியும் இணைந்து பணியாற்றிய இசைப் பிரவாகத்தினை கருதுகிறேன்.

இறுதி அஞ்சலி உரையில் கூட, எல்லாரும் சொல்ல மறந்த ஒன்றை முக்கியப்படுத்தி சொன்னார் இளையராஜா. அதுதான் திராவிட கழக வளர்ச்சிக்கு மெல்லிசை மன்னரின் பங்கு.

நான் நினைத்து மேலே சொன்னது இசை ஞாநியின் எண்ணங்களையே பிரதிபலிப்பது போல் இருந்தது எனக்கு மிகவும் மகிழ்ச்சி…

ஒரு அரசு கட்டிடத்திற்கு MSV-TKR-Kannadasan அவர்களின் பெயர் வைத்து, அந்த கட்டிட முக வாயில் பக்கம் ஒரு சின்ன Museum, dedicated to the many chapters of their musical era and how their creativity and artistry contributed to the rise of Dravidian politics - அந்த மாதிரி செஞ்சா தான் அவங்களுக்கு திராவிட அரசியல் கட்சிகள் செய்யற மரியாதை காணிக்கை எல்லாமே.

தமிழ் பல்கலை கழகங்களில் "The role of film music in shaping Tamil Nadu politics - how MSV-TKR-Kannadasan played the significant role" - அந்த பேர்ல ஒரு course curriculum மாணவர்களுக்கு சொல்லிகொடுத்தால் அது இன்னும் better..

இதெல்லாம் மேலை நாடுகளில் சர்வ சாதாரணமா நடக்குது - ஏன் மகாராஷ்டிரா வங்காளத்துல கூட நடந்துருக்கு/நடக்க வாய்ப்பிருக்கு ..

ஆனா தமிழ்நாட்டுல சாத்தியமா? சந்தேகம்!

some student from a university abroad might even write a small thesis on this phenomena, but in TN ?!!
    Last edited by irir123; 19th July 2015 at 07:11 PM.
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep"
    -Robert Frost

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    I wonder if anyone watched the discussion between ramesh Vinayakam, Cello Sekhar and V. Balasubramaniam that was webcast in paalam.in/tv at 4: 30 PM today. they discussed MSV's prowess in song composing (Oru nalile, Ponnazhugu minnum, Azhagiya tamizh magal, oru naal iravu etc, were some of teh songs taken as examples) as well as in background score (Pudayal, Uttharavindri Ulle vaa, Nenjam marappadillai etc.). I found the dicussion engrossing and enlightening.
    rra

Junior Member Newbie Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    எம்எஸ்வியின் இசை நுணுக்கங்களை வெளிப்படுத்தவே என்னுள்ளே எம்எஸ்வி நிகழ்ச்சி! - இளையராஜா பேட்டி

ஜூலை 27-ம் தேதி இளையராஜா நடத்தும் என்னுள்ளே எம்எஸ்வி என்ற இசையஞ்சலி நிகழ்ச்சி, வெறும் பாட்டுக்கச்சேரியாக மட்டுமல்லாமல், எம்எஸ்வியின் இசை நுணுக்கங்களை விளக்கும் நிகழ்ச்சியாக நடக்கப் போகிறது. ஒவ்வொரு பாடலையும் எம்எஸ்வி உருவாக்கிய விதம், அந்த இசையின் நுணுக்கங்கள் போன்றவற்றை தன் இசைக் குழு மூலம் வாசித்து விளக்கப் போகிறார் இளையராஜா. Ilaiyaraaja speaks on Ennulle MSV concert இந்த நிகழ்ச்சியை ஜீவா இளையராஜா அறக்கட்டளை நடத்துகிறது. இதுகுறித்து இளையராஜா கூறுகையில், "இந்த நிகழ்ச்சி வெறுமனே அண்ணன் எம்எஸ்வியின் பாடல்களைப் பாடி அஞ்சலி செலுத்துவது அல்ல. எம்எஸ்வி என்ற மாமேதை தந்த இசையின் நுணுக்கங்களை ரசிப்பது. அண்ணன் எம்.எஸ்.விஸ்வநாதனின் இசைத் திறமையும், ஆளுமையும் அனைவரும் அறிந்ததே. அவரின் இந்த இசை நுணுக்கங்களை நான் அறிந்த அளவுக்கு வேறு யாரும் அறிந்திருக்க மாட்டார்கள் என நம்புகிறேன். இந்த இசை நுணுக்கங்களையெல்லாம் எல்லோருக்கும் வெளிப்படுத்தும் வகையில் சிறு இசைக்குழுவினரோடு நான் வாசித்துக் காட்ட இருக்கிறேன். எவ்வளவு பெரிய உயர்வான விஷயங்களை எப்படி சர்வ சாதாரணமாக செய்து காட்டியிருக்கிறார் மெல்லிசை மன்னர் என்பதை நான் மக்களுக்கு தெரியப்படுத்தப் போகிறேன். இசையில் ஒவ்வொருவருடைய கற்பனையும் ஒவ்வொரு மாதிரியாக இருக்கும். நம் உயிரை எங்கோ அழைத்துசெல்லுகின்ற உணர்வை கொண்டுவருவது அவ்வளவு சதாரணமான விஷயம் அல்ல. இதை நான் நன்றாக அறிந்திருக்கிறேன். இதை மக்களுக்கு அறிவிக்க வேண்டும் என்பதால் இந்த நிகழ்ச்சியை நடத்துகிறேன். அவர் உடலை விட்டு உயிர் பிரிந்து சென்றாலும் அவர் என்றும் மறையாத நித்ய சொரூபர். எம்.எஸ்.வி.யின் இசைத்திறமையை வெளிப்படுத்தும் விதமாக இந்த நிகழ்ச்சி இருக்கும். அண்ணனின் உடல் மறைந்த 13வது நாளில் இந்த நிகழ்ச்சியை நடத்துகிறேன்," என்றார். இதுவரை எந்த இசையமைப்பாளருக்கும் இப்படி ஒரு நிகழ்ச்சி நடத்தப்பட்டதில்லை. ஒரு இசையமைப்பாளர் இறந்தால், இசைக் குழுக்கள் சில இப்படி நிகழ்ச்சி நடத்துவார்கள். ஆனால் பெரும் இசையமைப்பாளர் யாரும் அப்படி நடத்தியதில்லை. இளையராஜாதான் முதல் முறையாக எம்எஸ்விக்கு இப்படி இசையஞ்சலி நடத்துகிறார்.
    நெஞ்சமெல்லாம் நிறைந்த நடிகர்களின் நடிகன்.
    http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthrea...hool-of-Acting

Junior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by irir123 View Post
    Grew up with Maestro. Ilaiyaraaja's music (needless to say!)

There were so many tracks/songs from the late 70s through 80s that I thought were by IR but only later learnt they were by MSV..

'Ninaithale Inikkum' released same time (correct me if am wrong) as 'Priya' - was an absolute challenge to IR's genre defying creativity! track to track, NI matched and perhaps arguably bettered Priya!

Some tracks which I mistakenly attributed to IR, were just outstanding :

"Raagangal padhinaaru" for Rajini in Thillu Mullu (that delightful Rajini - in the super able hands of late KB - is gone baby gone, but I wont digress),

"Maan kanda sorgangal" - from 47 natkal - here is a track for a situation abt a demure Indian housewife leading a miserable life with a narcissistic husband cheating on her - the tune structure is so unique, unlike any I have heard - if it was set to tune to lyrics already written (Kannadasan ?), then a total ripper (a la Shane Warne knocking off Chanderpaul's leg stump pitching almost outside the pitch's edge)..

The best of them - IMHO - were "Kanna kaanum kangal mella" from 'agni satchi' - one of the alltime greats of SPB - the bass line made it sound distractingly IRish! The parts "nilaa kaala megam ellaam, ulaa pogum neram kanney" in the pallvi, or, "nodiyil naal thorum niram maarum devi, vidai thaan kidaikkamal thadumarum kelvi" in the charanam - classic crossover between a lullaby and a romantic pathos melody....

and MSV's version of "Theertha karaiyiniley" (even though I did not like the way the tune meanders at 'vedhanai seigudhadi') is perhaps the best tribute to Bharathiar's words..beautifully rendered by SPB..

If IR (arguably) was a major factor contributing to the cult status of both Rajini and Kamal, MSV undeniably was an absolute major factor to creating the MGR 'cult' in TN cinema & the latter's ascent in politics....

The reach of movie tracks in creating a sense of euphoria amongst the masses often deluding them to blindly believe in their political masters was fully demonstrated by the way MGR in particular exploited the talents of MSV-TKR and Kannadasan to further his political ambitions..

MGR/DMK/ADMK/AIADMK/JJ et al owe MSV-TKR combo for making 'leaders' out of stars..and successful political parties out of a bunch of hooligans..

That, MSV's passing away has not garnered the attention he so richly deserves (am too small to even say anything like this) - says a lot about how artists are treated in our homeland...

But for the foundation MSV and co laid, we may not have seen the evolution leading to IR and ARR...

RIP - MSV's legacy will live forever...
    Great post. What a fitting tribute to the incomparable Mellisai Mannar.

RIP MSV. You will live in our hearts forever.

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Gopal: Your post is music to my ears! Hearing about MSV is a treat but hearing it from none other than IR would be a double treat. Indeed a rare gesture by IR. I am eagerly awaiting further post on venue, time etc. of this event.
    rra

Senior Member Diamond Hubber venkkiram's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rra View Post
    Hi Gopal: Your post is music to my ears! Hearing about MSV is a treat but hearing it from none other than IR would be a double treat. Indeed a rare gesture by IR. I am eagerly awaiting further post on venue, time etc. of this event.
    rra
    Not sure what you mean by a rare gesture by IR. As if other popular musicians in India often conducting a full fledged orchestra dedicating to senior popular musicians.
    சொல்லிச் சொல்லி ஆறாது சொன்னா துயர் தீராது...

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Venkkiram: By rare, I meant by normal standards. IR is a rare musician, so nothing ennobling from him should surprise anyone.
    rra

Senior Member Diamond Hubber venkkiram's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rra View Post
    rra
    http://www.eventjini.com/ennullilmsv
    சொல்லிச் சொல்லி ஆறாது சொன்னா துயர் தீராது...

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Even though background scores were taken to stratospheric levels by Ilaiyaraaja aiyya - unmatched until now,

MSV aiyyaa already set the tone by composing songs reflecting the story and characters - there have been quite a few instances where he has shown his prowess in BGM as well - one such example is for this funny sequence in "Muthana muthhallavo" -

'Thengai' Srinivasan (TS) plays a (hilarious!) role as a music director Inderjith, and this scene begins with a guitar thrumming ending with a zooming in shot of Inderjith's name board at his residence - note the way MSV (for TS) sings the aalaap in sync with the end of the guitar piece - TS walks down the stairs lip syncing MSV's aalaap and then we hear TS (ROTFL!) narrating how after trying several raga(m)s ends choosing Kalyani as the ragam for producer Usilai Mani's movie…

What stunned me was/is MSV's singing that aalaap is based on Kalyani!! (please correct me if am wrong - the aalaap sounded very close to IR's kalyani 'vanthaal mahalakshmiyey' from 'uyarndha ullam' as well as KV Mahadevan's 'dorakuna ithu vanti' (bilahari maybe?)

Absolutely very much in sync with the dialog that follows the aalaap !

Such was the understanding of the cinematic medium by the great master!!

IR definitely carried on the baton and took it to heights MSV was definitely very proud of!
    Last edited by irir123; 21st July 2015 at 09:28 AM.

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi irir123: In the panel discussion on paalam tv on Sunday, the panelists gave a few examples of MSV/TKR creativity in BGM. they mentioned how in Nenjam Marappathillai, two themes are played as the hero and heroine reminisce about their past lives and how the themes are merged when they finally meet. They also pointed out how in movies such as Pudayal, Uttharavindri ulle vaa etc., a virtual synopsis of the movie is given through the title music. thanks for sharing your thoughts on MSV-IR.
    rra

Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast