Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Medical & Health Issues....

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

Medical & Health Issues....

Dear All

It would be great if we can discuss about the Medical and Health issues...

I would like to start off with 'Laser Eye Treatment'.

Has any one done this?, or knows some one who has done this, if so please Contribute your valuable opinions and experiences please.

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Moderator
    Please note: Unless offered by a proven, registered medical personnel, any discussions in this thread, suggestions, opinions or experiences cannot be held medically valid.

If quoting from the Internet, always provide the source for verification.

Hubbers please note that following any of the suggestions that may come up in this thread is at your own risk and you are advised to consult your doctor before you decide to follow any of them.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like
    It does not have 2 b laser eye treatment, it could be any medical & health issues....

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Anoushka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Raghu: my dad at the moment is undergoing laser eye treatment and his eye sight seems to be getting better
    The moment will arrive when you are comfortable with who you are, and what you are--when you don't feel the need to apologize for anything or to deny anything. To be comfortable in your own skin is the beginning of strength.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Anoushka
    Raghu: my dad at the moment is undergoing laser eye treatment and his eye sight seems to be getting better
    Hi

Thanks 4 the response, really wish your dad gets the best eye sight.

Can you pls describe the procedure these opticians do to the patients? I have looked up in couple of various websites and but they were not helpful

Post Thanks / Like
    another question...

what are the causes of Fatigue? though I reguarly exercise, I feel sleepy most of the time, I do admit, I dont pay attention to my diet though

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Raghu!

I am not sure about the procedure as he is getting it done in India. I can ask him and let you know if you are interested. He realised all of a sudden, a month ago that his eye sight had gone real bad (he has been wearing glasses for years) because of diabetes. He has to go through 5 sittings supposedly. He has finished two and has three more to go. He can already feel the improvement...
    The moment will arrive when you are comfortable with who you are, and what you are--when you don't feel the need to apologize for anything or to deny anything. To be comfortable in your own skin is the beginning of strength.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Raghu!

I am not sure about the procedure as he is getting it done in India. I can ask him and let you know if you are interested. He realised all of a sudden, a month ago that his eye sight had gone real bad (he has been wearing glasses for years) because of diabetes. He has to go through 5 sittings supposedly. He has finished two and has three more to go. He can already feel the improvement...
    Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    One of the reasons for fatigue is when you have iron deficiency.. get your blood checked!

I've also noticed that people get tired when they are doing things they don't want to do but do it for the sake of doing!

Find things to do that interest you.

Actually diet plays an important role as well. Eat healthy and that makes a big difference

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Raghu Thambi!

I had LASIK done on my eyes in the past two years. I did not do both at the same time as I was apprehensive about it and wasn't sure if I would have side effects associated with laser eye surgery. but after doing my right eye (the worse fo the pair) in 2004, I decided to do my left in 2005. I do not have any complications although i've heard of some people who had many side effects such as blurred vision, 'halo', night vision problem etc. After I did mine, 3 of my friends went on to do the surgery and their visions are perfect now, the same goes for me, 20/20.

What I did was the LASIK (there are 2 other types like PRK or LASEK). But, I heard last year they has a much improved LASI technology. Before the surgery, eyes will be tested for the corneal strength, thickness and dilation etc. Once everything is satisfactory, the surgeon will set a date for the surgery,which takes less than 10mins per eye. Of course, prior to doing anything else, the consultant will talk to us about the risks associated with thsi surgery and you're required to sign a consent form.

Try googling 'OPTIMAX' - you'll get a lot of info from their website.

Post Thanks / Like
    One of the reasons for fatigue is when you have iron deficiency.. get your blood checked!

I've also noticed that people get tired when they are doing things they don't want to do but do it for the sake of doing!

Find things to do that interest you.

Actually diet plays an important role as well. Eat healthy and that makes a big difference
    thanks Anoushka, but Too much of Iron is not also good, and how do you know the safe dosage of Iron?

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast