Tamil during all these period called SANSKRIT as VADASOL or VADAMOZHI or ARIYAM.
VEDAS, where referred as NANMARAI, MARAI, ARANGAM, VEDAS, ARUMARAI, VEDHANERI etc.,
Brahmins, of Vedic Heritage are called ANTHANAR, PARPANAR, ARUTOZHILAR etc., and I have collected some of them mentioned, Over a 1000 years.
1. Ariyamum Tamilodu isaianavan- Appar Devaram 132:3
2. Tamilsollum VADASOLLUM Thanzarsera GNASAm Dev77:4
3. Vadmolium Then Tamilum MARAIGAL Nankum Anavan- Appar 301:1
4. Marium Kodaium Varpani Tunganindru
Erium Nindrangu Elaikindra Kalathu
ARIAYMUM MUTAMILU Udane Solik
Karigaiyarku Karunai Seithane- ThirumularThirumantiram 65
5. Avilkindra varum athukattumarum
Simittalai Pattuir Pogindra Varum
Tamilchsol Vadasol Enumivvirandum
Unarthun Avanai Unaralame. ThirumularThirumantiram 66
Manthipol thirinthu ARIYATODU
Sentamil payan Arikila
Anthakarku Eliyan alen Tiru
Alvaiyan Nirkave Thirugnasampanthar.
7. Talaiana NAAL VETHATHAR Valunth Thalai sangali
Nilayarntha Koile Koyilaka Nindrire - Thirugnasampanthar.
8. Sentamilum Vadakalaiyum Nikalnta Navar Nalayira DivyaPrabantham 1624.
9. ThennanTamilai Vadamolai
10. Vadasorku Sentamilkum Varambaki
Nanmaarain Kambaramayan Kishkantam 778
This is in line with THOLKAPPIYAM, which says,
a. Iyarsol Tirisol Thisaisol VADASOL endru
Anaithe Cheul Ittach sol.
b. VADASOL Kilavi VadaELuthu VORIE...
Here he differenciates Vadamozhi grammer and Tamil
On Brahmins Tholkappiyar says
C. ARUVAGAI patta Parppana pakkamum - Thol-Porul-Pura 74.
d. Ayumkalai Anthanarkuriya Thol-Po-Mar-80
e. Penutagu Sirappin Parppan Porul- 502
f. Maraiyor Theyathu Mandral Porul-Ka-1
g. Poium Valuvam Tonriya pinnar
Iyer Yatanar Karanam enba Po- Ka-1
h. NooleKaragam Mukkol Manaiye Por-Ma 66.
Aruvagaipatta or ARUTHOZIL Anthanar- is from shadakarma Nishadar of Vedic Heritage and is confirmed by SAngam song as follows:
Kelvi Kettu Padivam Vodiyathu
Velvi Vettanai Vuyarnthor Vuvamba
Othal Vettal Avaipirar Seital
EIthal Erral enru Aaru Purintu olukum
Arampuri Anthanar Valimolunthu Oluki. - Their Duties are :
1. Read Great Books and research
2. Teach those Books
3. Do Vedhic Yagnas and Poojas for self
4. Perform Vedhic Yagnas and Poojas for others.
5. Give Money to Needy and
6. Receive Money so that you can do 5.
Now Let us See Sangam Literuature:
1. Aruari Anthanarku Arumarai pala Pagarnthu
Neruneer kadai karanthu Thiripuram Theemaduthu
Kooramar Kurithathan mel seu kadunga vuli
Marappor Manimidarren kaiyai kelani Kalithogai 1:1
2. Arumarai Navin Anthanar - Sirupanarrupadai- 204
3. Kelvi Anthanar Arunkadanirutha
Velvi Thunathu Perumpanarrupadai- 315:6
4. Anthi Anthanar Ethirkola Ayarnthu
Senni Sevvazhal Thodanga Kalithogai 119-121.
5. ...... Arutholiar Nool Marappar- Thirukural
6. Arutolil Anthanar Aram Purinthu Edutu Puram 397
7. Nan pala Kelvi murriya Velvi Anthanarku Puram 361
8. Pulan Alukku Arra Anthanalalan Puram
9. MARAI Navil Anthanar Nuvalvum padume Puram 1:5,6
Vedas are Referred as Vethas, Chathur Marai, Arumarai.
The Tamil Word, Marai- an excellent word, highly technical, an equivalent never
is available in Sanskrit in which Vedas where written, MARAI, Means Unwritten,
Vedas being not as per PANINI'S Grammer of 5th CenBCE, anybody trying to
read without proper Guidance is likely to miss the original meaning and
misinterpret the Vedas of its Theological context, so for long theVedas were
not put in writing, another reason is Indian writing was done on Palm Leaves,
which does not have long life, any corruption in leaf could change meaning,
and to write the total Four Vedas and Upanishads in Palm Leaves would occupy
the size of a Big Modern Library.
AND Vedas- Authors are Unknown, the Tradition says that the Rishis with huge
Meiditation, from the sound of Wind and waves etc., compiled the Vedas, This is
1. NIRAI MOZHI MANTAR Aanaiyer Kilantha
Marai Mozhi thane MANTIRAM enba and in another place
2. Vinayin Neengi Vilangiya Arivin
Munaivan Kandathu MuthaNoolakume Thol-Po
Here he confirms the tradition that Rishis received the Vedas.
SEKILAR- who compiled the history of 63 Siva Divotees "Nayanmars" tells:
ELUTHATHA MARAI alitha Eluthuarium Perumane.
Now let us see on Vedas in Sangam and Other Literautre.
Tholkappiyam was first permoremed in presence of :
" Arangarai Navin NANMARAI Murriya Athangottu Asan--- "
1. Andra Kelvi adanghiya Kolgai
NANMARAI Muthalvan Surram aga Purananooru 26:12,13
2. NAN MARAI MUTHUNOOL Mukkan Selvan AagaNanooru 181:16
3. Nandraintha NeenimirSADDAI
Thondru Purintha Veer Irandin
Arunarnth Oru Muthunool Puram 166 :1-4
4. Aaruari Anthanarku Arumarai Pala Pagarnthu Kalithogai 1:1
5. Marai Navil Anthanar Noovalavum padume Puram 1:5,6
6. Aaru Neriya Marai Valla Muniyagan
7. Chathuram Marai than Thuthi Seithu Vangum -Sampanthar
8. Thalaiana NAAL VETHAnthrithar Vazum... SAMPANTAR
9. Aathianthanar aarinthu Parikoluva
VethaMaPuun Vaiyater Vurnthu
10: Amarar Penium Avuthi Arunthium
Nalaanodu Pakadu Ombium
NAANMARAION Pugal Padium Pattinapalai.
11. Velpor Raman AARUMARAI kavitha
Palveel Aalam Pol Agananooru 71
12. Na al VethaNeri Paripadal 2
13: .....................Yuba Nedunthun
VethaVelvi Thozil Muththathuvum Puram 224
I have compiled to an extent, still there are many left out, and kindly excuse me if any of my reference is mixed up or any mistakes are there.
Now, Are this refers to the SANSKRIT or VadaMozhi or Vadasol or Ariya Vedas or any other, whar does the Renowned Tamil Scholar known for his Anti Brahmin and Anti- Sanskrit views Devaneyan-known as PAVANAR, after nerly 40 years of research says:
" Nalvetham or Nanmarai, Arangam Agamam enbana ellam Arya Noolkale enbathum, Thirukural thavira ippothulla Pandai Noolkalellam Anthanar enbathum Brahmararie Kurikkum Enpathu Sariye."
Page- 102 Tamilar Matham.
"Samaskrithtil Thalai sirantha illakana Noolakia Paniniyam, Paniniyal BCE4m Noorandile eyarrpattathu. Ilakkana Noolai Viyakaranam enbar vadanoolar.Annoolirku mun ENN Ilakkana Noolkal Iyarrpattathuakach chollap padukindrthu. Avarrul Muthalathu Vetha Kalthathu enpadum Iyendiram"
- Tamilar Varalaru Page 56,57.
PAVANAR also in his book, Oppiyan Moli Nool, First Edition 1940, gives that as per Tholkappiyar, was as per Tamil Traditions Son of ThuraGakini Munivar, and in all his reference to Vada Sol and Being first played before Vedhic Scholar, and all of it confirms us that THOLKAPPIYAR WAS a Brahmin of Aryan Origin and in most of his books mentions this on Passing reference.