Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Leander Paes / Bhupathy's contributions to Indian tennis

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by nilavupriyan
    see if anyone is as popular as federer in tennis atleast as roddik...people will respect him equal to sachin because sachin is the federer of cricket!

he is respected as the best batsman of the world by many!...

Look , this is the reason why I hate this HERO WORSHIPPING INDIAN FANS

Why Cricket is the religion here ? Lets appreciate other sports as well.
    25 years before, tennis was considered as a TOUGH game for Indians. INDIANS NEVER REACHED FINALS OF ANY GRANDSLAM TOURNAMENT.
    I mean including the much famed Vijay Amritraj or Ramesh Krishnan.

BUT TODAY, PAES & BHUPATHY HAVE WON MANY TITLES & HAVE PLAYED MORE CONSISTENTLY .

YOU CAN SEE PAES GIVING HIS HEART & SOUL TO ANY MATCH. THE FIRE WILL BE IN HIS EYES & TOTALLY COMMITTED .

IMO, PAES DESERVES TO BE THE BEST EVER INDIAN SPORTSMAN

No, not even Gavaskar or Kapil Dev ( other 2 greats who come close to him )

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nakeeran
    see if anyone is as popular as federer in tennis atleast as roddik...people will respect him equal to sachin because sachin is the federer of cricket!

he is respected as the best batsman of the world by many!...

Look , this is the reason why I hate this HERO WORSHIPPING INDIAN FANS

Why Cricket is the religion here ? Lets appreciate other sports as well.
    25 years before, tennis was considered as a TOUGH game for Indians. INDIANS NEVER REACHED FINALS OF ANY GRANDSLAM TOURNAMENT.
    I mean including the much famed Vijay Amritraj or Ramesh Krishnan.

BUT TODAY, PAES & BHUPATHY HAVE WON MANY TITLES & HAVE PLAYED MORE CONSISTENTLY .

YOU CAN SEE PAES GIVING HIS HEART & SOUL TO ANY MATCH. THE FIRE WILL BE IN HIS EYES & TOTALLY COMMITTED .

IMO, PAES DESERVES TO BE THE BEST EVER INDIAN SPORTSMAN

No, not even Gavaskar or Kapil Dev ( other 2 greats who come close to him )
    paes is an idiot....who split with bhupathy and playing with some other foriegn player...does he have a national feeling..we want "indian pair" to win!

it is said some personal reasons...does personal reasons are valid than national pride...such an idiot

Post Thanks / Like
    Nilavu

Are u sure Paes was the main cause for the split ?

Even as individuals, the 2 have won grandslams pairing with other countrymen.

lets feel proud of their achievements Nilavu !

Post Thanks / Like
    yeah...we must feel proud infact!...better they combine

Post Thanks / Like
    paes is an idiot....who split with bhupathy and playing with some other foriegn player...does he have a national feeling..we want "indian pair" to win!
    Strong words Nilavu !

But does it really matter so much. If I remember right the first Grand slam victory we had was Mahesh Bhupathi (along with Rika Hiraki of Japan) winning the French Open mixed doubles '97.

Most of professional football happens with clubs where there is no national affilition involved. I am not saying it doesn't have the extra zing. Sure I am more thrilled watching and Indo-Pak cricket match than a Pepsi XI vs. Sahara XI or something like that. But it shouldn't limit our appreciation.

Calling Paes names is unfair. Sure it would've been great had they played as a pair. You can't expect people to get along that the timie. Despite their personal differences they still come together and play for India in the Davis Cup/Olympics even today.
    மூவா? முதல்வா! இனியெம்மைச் சோரேலே

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Prabhu Ram
    Strong words Nilavu !

But does it really matter so much. If I remember right the first Grand slam victory we had was Mahesh Bhupathi (along with Rika Hiraki of Japan) winning the French Open mixed doubles '97.

Most of professional football happens with clubs where there is no national affilition involved. I am not saying it doesn't have the extra zing. Sure I am more thrilled watching and Indo-Pak cricket match than a Pepsi XI vs. Sahara XI or something like that. But it shouldn't limit our appreciation.

Calling Paes names is unfair. Sure it would've been great had they played as a pair. You can't expect people to get along that the timie. Despite their personal differences they still come together and play for India in the Davis Cup/Olympics even today.
    thats what im asking...if they can play davis cup togethor why not wibledon...they are capable of winning grandslams...but not doing it togethor in grandslams....do u think they attain the same publicity as they attained when they won as "INDIAN PAIR"?

Post Thanks / Like

get over the break-up :-)

do u think they attain the same publicity as they attained when they won as "INDIAN PAIR"?
    Agreed. And they know that too. Publicity is not the only consideration. Being a doubles team means u will be travelling/training and virtually spending most of their time together. When u don't get along, that is not an easy thing to do.

They don't get along. So left to themselves (in ATP tournaments) they don't play with each other. But still when the nation needs them they come together.

I aslo felt the disappointment when they split and kept yearning for a reunion. No point asking questions like which makes me happier a Paes-Bhupathi win or a Paes-Damm win ? Obviously the former. But this is great too. Didn't you feel great when Paes-Navaratilova won the Wimbledon in 03. We should take it the same way.
    மூவா? முதல்வா! இனியெம்மைச் சோரேலே

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12