Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Oil free dishes

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

Oil free dishes

Pls post recipes of oil free vegetable curries that can be had with rice & chappatis.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Veteran Hubber bingleguy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    good one .... will constantly have a look here to find ones suited to me !
    Click here to reach the Index page of http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthrea...A-LEARNED-YES)... All Sagas could be accessed from this page...

Senior Member Regular Hubber solona's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Alan,

use Olive oil instead of groundnut or dalda, even sesame oil is quite good as it has the good cholesterol. Don't forget olive oil id also and oil so use moderatly.
    Use nonstick cookwares so that you canuse less oil, for oil the frying stuff just pour atablespoon of olive oil on the stuff you want to fry and cook in the oven, I even cook samosas in oven, it is quite good.
    You can also replace poriyals an sautes with pachadi stuff, eat a lot of steamed veggies.
    You can cook almost any curry with less oil or replacing the oil with olive, at first the taste will be not that good but later you will get used.
    It seems that heated oil is very bad for health so when you fry use minimum (say a teaspoon of oil) and then add the rest (a tablespoon ) at then end when you simmer and turn off the gravy.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Anoushka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Alan, I've stopped deep frying my pakodas completely! I use the oven instead, every thing else is the same except instead of frying, I use oven proof vessels and put them in the oven with a little olive oil drizzled over Specially pakodas for kadi or kofta curries comes out brilliant!
    The moment will arrive when you are comfortable with who you are, and what you are--when you don't feel the need to apologize for anything or to deny anything. To be comfortable in your own skin is the beginning of strength.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thankyou all for responding! We need to get this going- this awareness & a better lifestyle- I know some of you are already into it- But for ppl like me who has always been very careless & been using butter & ghee, this is a bitter lesson, because my Serum Cholosterol is on the brim- 200!!!!!

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Anoushka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Alan, avoid eating red meat as much as possible, eat fish or chicken instead, try and avoid the yellow part of the egg as well.

I know it is difficult to change food habits all of a sudden, but give it a try.
    The moment will arrive when you are comfortable with who you are, and what you are--when you don't feel the need to apologize for anything or to deny anything. To be comfortable in your own skin is the beginning of strength.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Anoushka
    Alan, avoid eating red meat as much as possible, eat fish or chicken instead, try and avoid the yellow part of the egg as well.

I know it is difficult to change food habits all of a sudden, but give it a try.
    I thought alan takes only vegetarian food...
    “The real contest is always between what you've done and what you're capable of doing. You measure yourself against yourself and nobody else.” - Geoffrey Gaberino

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi ! Very useful topic this.

Post Thanks / Like
    dev, you are right- My wife & I are pure vegetarians but we do have egg occasionally.

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    i saw an oil free tomato kadhi made by chef sanjeev kapoor, i dont exactly remember the recipe, but it was something like this..

blanched, pureed tomatoes - 2 cups
    (my addition : grind them along with a green chilli and a little ginger)
    1 to 2 tbsp of besan flour diluted with some water
    red chilli powder
    cumin powder
    hing
    curry leaves
    salt

in a non stick pan , without oil, splutter mustard, cumin and add all the ingredients and let simmer till thickened.

note:
    i added a cup of steamed , mixed veggies too...

Alan, i hope u like this..

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast