Thread: A Memorable Moment of Mithun in London:

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

A Memorable Moment of Mithun in London:

A Memorable Moment of Mithun in London:
    Reports by Filmmaker Ruhul Amin Email: contrastfilms@yahoo.co.uk

The show was on Sunday evening. It is an award ceremony organised by the Bangladeshi’s to promote talents of Bangladesh and UK based film and music industry.

About 40 actors and singer arrived from Bangladesh and another 25 local artists participated in the ceremony at EXCEL, which is one of the largest auditoriums in London. About 3000 enthusiast attended from various corner of London city.

The show commenced with a dance item by local group, colourful laser lighting created an illusion of the fantasy world.

Then the award presentation, and in between the singers and dancers tried to entertain people. Purno Das Baul from Kolkata also created a brief nostalgia with his charming folk tune.

It took long to present awards. I could, sense audiences agitated, whispering, where is Mithun? Is he here?.....Mithun……Mithun…..

Fortunately the organisers sensed the danger and made a surprised announcement.
    The very person for whom you all have been waiting impatiently, our beloved Mithun Chakraborty is here……
    The announcer couldn’t complete her sentence, the uproar of the audience perhaps echoed miles away….mithun….mithun…..

The sound of the orchestra and flashes of light created joys exhilaration.

A tall figure with giant steps entered on to the stage. Light illuminated the celebrity and the surrounding figures of musician shrunk beyond recognition.
    He approached slowly towards the centre of the stage. His presence reminded the image of Bengal tiger.

Marginalised, oppressed, in a forging land, desperately holding on to their only precious culture which is severely threatened?
    In a moment like that, the gigantic and powerful symbol of the very struggle still carrying the light of hope.

His emergence on the stage evoked that complex and suppressed feelings of the British Bengalis. They couldn’t control their emotion. They jumped of the seats and a long standing ovation was the vivid example. It was a unique experience for me to witness such a memorable moment. His lovely smile and warmth of his greeting touched people’s heat within a fraction.

Dada spoke by heart, “I AM BENGALY AND ONLY BEANGALI’S KNOW HOW TO LOVE. I KNOW HOW MUCH YOU LOVE ME AND WHENEVER YOU CALL I JOIN YOU”

Next time he came on to the stage and sang 2 songs and people were extremely delighted.

The reaction of the audience clearly justify the main attraction of the show was only dada, a symbol no one else can replace.

After the show I had an appointment to meet dada at the hotel to discuss our project further. When I arrived, there were about 200 people waiting for a glimpse of dada.
    It became unmanageable for the hotel authority, they closed the gate.
    I didn’t feel like to take advantage of my position and enter leaving behind those genuine crowed who turned up just to show their respect.

In an age of stardom, greed and power; here is some one who has managed to create a place in people’s heart. I stood behind and felt proud of being a Bengali and a simple person.

I was quite overwhelmed by the reaction of people who demonstrated their heart wrenching love and respect for a star that represents the true aspiration of millions around the world.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement