Thread: Occult & Metaphysics

Threaded View

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

donna (@ pc45*) on: Fri Sep 27 10:00:52

Hi! I'm going to try and do a long post this morning, continuing what I wrote previously about the mind and creating what you want:

Anyone can draw good things to himself once he understands the inner workings of his own mind, just as anyone can swim across a pool once he learns the laws of swimming. The mind is like an ocean - it has a surface and it has depths, vast, "impenetrable" depths full of mystery below the surface. No one can tell where the surface ends and the depths begin. But the ocean is all ONE mass of water, indivisible, ONE. The human mind is the same, all ONE but there are TWO distinctly different types of activities carried on within it. The failure to grasp the difference in these two activities is what causes all the confusion in life.

You must learn to work in harmony with your deeper nature. You do not have two minds but TWO PHASES of ONE mind, two spheres of activity in which the mind operaties in two different ways:

Surface Mind - your objective, conscious mind, selecting and initiating, "I choose"

Deeper Mind - Your subjective, subconscious mind, fabricating, "I obey"

Surface mind consciously directs you when you are learning to play the piano until, through repetition, you become so familiar with piano technique that individual finger movements have passed into the deeper mind, leaving the surface mind free for reading the score, singing words or even carrying on a conversation. Surface mind is the directing mind - "I choose" - all choices are made by the surface mind.

Deeper mind - the creating, the manufacturing phase of mind. Takes what Surface Mind gives and turns thoughts into things - both good and bad - into the outward conditions of our lives. IT HAS NO POWER OF CHOICE. It never reasons, it cannot refuse to take what Surface Mind gives it. Like the soil, that must accept any seed, it must accept any thought. Deeper Mind is habitual mind. Whatever we entertain often enough and vividly enough in our Surface Mind eventually passes into Deeper Mind where it continues to act automatically.

People are not born optimistic ot pessimistic, they learn to be what they are. Whatever you desire to be, you may become by the same procedure you use to learn to play the piano or to swim.

Deeper Mind brings choice into form. Deeper Mind has access to infinite resources, it knows how to heal any condition effortlessly. All healing - body or affairs - all success, all prosperity, all mastery over destructive habits is produced within Deeper Mind before appearing in outer manifestation.

Deeper Mind is the storehouse of experience. It is one with the infinite mind. Deeper Mind has complete, unswerving obedience to Surface Mind. It has no power to choose; it can only obey. All its vast knowledge and creative power are dedicated to the person who learns how to use it.

The loom doesn't care what it weaves, it is impersonal. It has no choice but to weave whatever threads are given it according to the pattern set by the weaver. The weaver is responsible for the result. The loom has only one task - to keep weaving. The weaver does not say, "Why have you done this to me?" if he is displeased by what he sees coming out of the loom. He knows that the only place where beauty can be made to replace ugliness is on the rack of spools at his end, before the obedient weaving apparatus gets it, and so he changes the threads.

Summary: Deeper Mind is the working, producing phase of mind, Surface Mind is the choosing, selecting phase of mind. Surface Mind CHOOSES what shall come into the life but is helpless to produce it. Deeper Mind is the only agent in the universe that can bring that choice into manifestation.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement