Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Occult & Metaphysics

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

Occult & Metaphysics

Topic suggested by Sriram Lakshman on Thu Jan 21 20:06:23 .

I am starting this thread as a result of my conversation with Karthi over the phone. Personally, anything that is shrouded in mystery has always attracted me and then gone on to become an obsession later. With occult related topics, it has been no different for me and it continues to be intriguing. There has always been a latent desire to get my hands dirty with atleast the fundementals of all its branches like Palmistry, astrology, numerology etc but it seldom went beyond reading through a book and ending up all confused and worked up. Any inputs or discussions that could give me an insight into the various facets of occult sciences are welcome.

For the skeptics, this thread has not been started to discuss the validity of occult sciences but only to percieve it as it exists without prejudice.

Needless to say, topics like metaphysics and reincarnation also vie for special attention. Details of any material , any personal experience the participants could part with will be deeply appreciated.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like

Old responses

Post Thanks / Like

donna (@ pc45*) on: Thu Aug 29 08:09:31

karthikdevan-
    hah! i'm not awake yet, i'll come back later.

Post Thanks / Like

mmc (@ dial*) on: Sat Aug 31 03:31:56

<u>Posting what i posted in another thread as it is somewhat related to this thread:</u>

"Saviour II,

Well the interest in the similarities between Krishna and Jesus Christ was kindled by the book Autobiography of a Yogi and the Yogada Satsang Society....

I find that in tamilnadu now, the Baba movie has created a controversy(Charu Nivedita says mocks at Rajini telling that whether Baba and Jesus are playing 'goli' in Himalayas).....but as per the writings of Paramahamsa Yogananda, the first Gur of His order is the Baba and he still lives in Himalayas along with Jesus(looks a bit weird as if from a Vittalacharya movie...but these are the beleifs which are beyond mental reasonings)...

PY says that the original religion as preached by Jesus was similar to the Yoga path in Hinduism and due to the breakup of the Guru-disciple lineage there, the secrets are lost.

He gives a yogic meaning to the revelation chpater mentioning that the seven lamps mentioned are the seven chakras of Hindu-Yogic practices...

He also says that the snake which kindled sexual energy was the Kundalini force in its symbolic form(the force if oscilates in the reverse direction is said to produce immense sexual energy and this is the basis of Hindu -Tantric sex wherein the kundalini force is awakened by kindling the sexual energies and the energy is redirected to the higher chakras like ajna or sahasrahara).

The sound of the waters mentioned in the revelation chapters also is the primordial sound which gets emitted from the Visuddi chakra....

Baptism is similar to the 'twice born' ritual of the Hindus of old and PY says that the 'dove' which came down to Jesus is the Divine Light which is visible at the fore-head chakra at the time of initiation."

Post Thanks / Like

donna (@ 209.*) on: Mon Sep 2 09:12:12

hi!
    i'm having a busy weekend but i want to post some stuff! i'll be here tomorrow.

Post Thanks / Like

mummudicholan (@ 61.1*) on: Tue Sep 3 05:33:00

awaiting ur posts donna!

Post Thanks / Like

mmc (@ dial*) on: Sat Sep 14 01:16:14

Hmm....i wanted to activate this thread..i dont know if apart from myself and Donna anyone even reads this(forumhub admin can place counters in threads ..so that we can atleast know as to how many visit these isolated threads!).

Some years back i read a book called 'Pancha Patchi Sastram'...its a old publication.

There is this saying in tamil.."Patchi katravanai pagayathey , Saram katravanodu sarugathey"...

this means dont pick up fights with those who have learnt the Patchi Shastram and Sara Shastram.

The Patchi Sastram basically divides time into Five Zones represented by different birds.In each Bird-Zone , the birds are said to be in different activity like Sleeping ,Walking etc....

Even persons based on their time of birth are divided into different Birds...and it uses various rituals to help the advancement of the persons.

In the last chapter it deals with causing harm to enemies(actually that is said to be the purpose of this Sastra...as per the legend Parvati teaches this sastra to Murugan before he goes to war with Surapadman...but the verses attach a rider that these should be used only against those who are causing harm to the society and warn that those who use it to avenge personal enmities will have to face the karmic consequences).

It also details different chakras(yantras) for rituals.

Anyone knows about Sara Sastra? its said to based on the breathing pattern(sara- breath).

Post Thanks / Like

donna (@ 209.*) on: Sun Sep 15 12:00:19

hi, mmc!!
    i have been very, very busy in work and have not ahd time to stop in here. i am hoping thisgs will "slow down" a bit soon so i'll have more time. i miss you! you, karthikdevan and i can always post!

take care!

Post Thanks / Like

karthikdevan (@ sb.n*) on: Tue Sep 24 08:12:30

"Spirituality is not blind faith! It is the luminance that destroys the blindness of illusion. It is the principle that teaches us to face any adverse circumstance or obstacle with a smile. It is the science of the mind. It's the science of Life"

Post Thanks / Like

donna (@ pc45*) on: Thu Sep 26 16:53:46

karthikdevan-
    what a great quote!!!!!!!

i'm still working away from my desk so i don't have much online time. hopefully that will change soon. i miss you and mmc, too!

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast