Page 231 of 237 FirstFirst ... 131181221229230231232233 ... LastLast
Results 2,301 to 2,310 of 2365

Thread: Pick of the week: 1 Mar to 5 Aug 2006

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Romba Nalla Padal Ramki Sir!

TKR has done a good job in weaving a good melody.

Anal andha MSV touch alavu illai. Romba Naal adhu Govardhanan-in isai endru Nainaithu kondu irundhaen, until Oli 96.8 P Balasubramanian announced this as a TKR song.

Violin isai nandraga ulladhu.

Thanks for the song

Bala

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Junior Member Admin HubberNewbie HubberTeam HubberModerator HubberPro Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nice song! yes... Gemini Ganesan & KRV.

am back in tfmpage after many years... good to listen to these nice songs and read the discussions again!

Senior Member Diamond Hubber madhu's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    welcome.. interpreter !

Banned Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thankyou everyone for the details

Welcome back interpreter.

Banned Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

mappillai sirkku(balaparikshai)

Pick #356

http://tfmpage.com/stream/pow06/mappillai_bp.rm

Song: mappillai sirkku vazhthukkaL
    Movie: balaparikshai
    Singers : TMSoundararajan, PSuseela
    Lyrics: vaali?
    MD: TMSoundararajan

I think this is the only film that had TMS as the MD. Let me know if there are any others.
    Other than this song, TMS did not comeup with good numbers for this Sujatha-Muthuraman,PramiLa-Jaiganesh film.

BP, if i remember is one of those malechauvinistic film that looked down on working women. The film is about 2 couples
    Muthu-Sujatha and Pramila-JaiG.
    Muthu is a middle class average joe with 2 kids. Sujatha is a greedy wife who always makes fun of her husbands inability to earn more. When she decides to get a job her husband doesnt like it.
    Jai-Pramila pair both work. But to boost their earnings pramila ends up as a prostitute, police arrests her and the pair commits suicide.
    In the end, sujatha learns that working women are all bad and they commit suicide so She accepts her husband and his earnings with contempt.
    I might have got some details wrong but i think this is the jist of the film.

Todays song has some nice nadhaswaram interludes and i guess its based on a classical raagam.

Junior Member Admin HubberNewbie HubberTeam HubberModerator HubberPro Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Madhu and Ramki,Thank you for the welcome

Another nice choice, Ramki. I remember the arguments by Muthuraman and Sujatha. Each one thinks the other person's job is easy. Then Muthu will stay in the house and do all the housework and Sujatha will go to office. Then both will realize how difficult the other person's job is

Post Thanks / Like
    Did not TMS act and provide music for 'Kavirajar Kala
    Megam', Vennira Adai Nirmala was in the movie as well.

Bala

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Balaji: Music for Kaviraja Kalamegam was by SMS.
    Ramki: Very nice choice. In fcat, I was reminded of this song when I first heard the song " Kannodu Kanbadellam" from "Jeans".
    RRA

Senior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks thumburu and tfmlover.

It's ok Ramki Sir but you have host very nice songs. Thanks.

I'm going to watch Balaparikshai this Saturday in local satelite TV. lets watch what the story.. right choice at the right time... thanks again Ramki Sir.
    Irai Asiyudan
    Prem Ananth

Post Thanks / Like
    Ramki.... IMO, Gemini/TMS combination did not work out well. AM Raja OR PBS was the best fit for GG. Anyway, nothing wrong for a change. ThannanthaniyAga is a out & out PS' song and she sang extremely well. The line "ippadi kEttAl eppadi kaNNa..." is sweetOsweet

MAppiLLai sArukku vazhthukkaL is a song in the wedding reception. The inner feelings of the pair MR+Sujatha come out as idikkum/uraikkum advice to the newly wedded couple. UmayaLpuram sivaraman acted as himself as part of the song (with artificial sirippu) besides playing on his traditional instrument. I vaguely remember NPN brothers also were part of this song for NAdaswaram.

Ramki, whether music for kallum kaniyAgum was scored by TMS? (Kai viralil pirandhadhu nAdham is a great song KK).

I never knew that AadiyilE perukkeduthu was sung by Vasantha also along with PS. Very long time not listened to that song. Thanks Ramki for all the gems