Page 223 of 237 FirstFirst ... 123173213221222223224225233 ... LastLast
Results 2,221 to 2,230 of 2365

Thread: Pick of the week: 1 Mar to 5 Aug 2006

Senior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lovely song.

I like the saraNams. Hard to sing it breathless. VJ sung two saraNams fluently. But JC konjam tadumaari viduvaar, 2nd saraNathil at "anggam neerAda kaNgaL thaalaatta ponggum sugamallavo" spacially at thaalaatta - ponggum.

athuthaan, VJ-kku rendu saraNam, JC-kku oru saraNam MSV koduththullaro?

KaNNathAsanaarin varigal aRputham.

The "veNmegame" song by Janaki from the same film also very nice.

Enakku pei paattunna konjam athigamAve pidikkum. he...he...hee
    AJ-vum My dear Liza-vum chinna vayasil enakku kaaichal vara vaitha pei padanggaL.
    Irai Asiyudan
    Prem Ananth

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Administrator Diamond Hubber RR's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mahesh,

Yes, there's a SJ version in tamil also. Oli plays it sometimes.

Ramki,

'Venmegame' available?

Moderator Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ramki,

Ayiram Jenmangal was a remake from Malayalam. The name was Yaksha Ganam and it was directed by actress Sheela. Rajini and Latha before this had done Shankar Salim Simon. (SSS released in Feb 1978 and AJ in March 78). Infact in one of the songs when Jaiganesh gets married to his pair, there is a line that would be sung by Rajini which would go something like this. (I don't remember the song)

Avanum Aasaipattu Avalum Aasaipatta;
    Arasangam Kooda Adhai Thadukathu.

Needless to say the man occupying St.George Fort at that point of time was you-know-who. The repurcussions were too well known.

Mahesh,

Poove Ponpoove ( Olathumbathirunthu Ooyaladum Chella Painkili) has a female version sung by Shobana in the movie.

Regards

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ayiram jenmangaL, as mentioned by Murali, is a re-make of Yaksha GAnam. Ramki's favourite Usha Nandhini was introduced by Sheela in that movie (Padmapriya acted in Tamil). I saw the movie sometime back. Sheela performed much better than Latha, especially in the scenes after the ghost enters into her. Madhu was in for husband role in Malayalam, who hardly did anything (stood like wooden block), so for me to say Vijayakumar did justice to his role. But VK's ok-performance was completely over-shadowed by Rajini's too-much style with his sun-glasses and accelerating high his bike.

Same MSV scored music for M-version too??? SJ sang both the ghost songs in YG.

Ramki, LRE did not sing in AJ, but PS has sung a solo (NAn aadadha aattamillE pAdAdha pAttum illE) for Latha. A different folk type of song, which was just good.

For a long time, I thought Venmegame and AzhaikkindrEn are two parts of the same song, sounding almost similar in pace and mood and singer and lyrics direction etc.

Senior Member Senior Hubber Naaz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Kannan Mugam Kaana

Ramki -

I love this duet for the "spirit" VJ injects into the charanams. Especially lines such as "Sorkam Endhan Pakkam Vandhum, Vetkam Kondaal Engae Selvaen..." - The metre of Sorkam/Pakkam/Vetkam is great to listen to. Don't ask why, but I am always reminded of Paadu Thendrale Pudhu Manam...when I listen to this duet. Any idea which came first? Nellikkani or Aayiram Jenmangal?

Thanks for another fine MSV pick!

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Temple City : Madurai / Capital city : New Delhi
    Post Thanks / Like
    another great duet by PJ - VJ. no other words to describe the song and the singers
    yvs mani

Senior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    RR, Murali thanks for clarification.
    Ramki , very nice pick.After a long time i recently I got hold of this song,and since that day I hear it least once a day.I have become addicted to it.

Banned Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    RR nope

MuraLi srinivas, thanks for the info. I have listented to kannada version of venmegame. Could there be a kannada version of Aj too?

SN23 usha nandhini in pei role. Perfect casting

The LRE solo for Latha in Aj is 'arupathu kalaigaL'. The song comes when Latha tries to seduce Vk

Naaz my bet is on AJ. Nellikani was early 80s i think.

Banned Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

peNalla nee oru(sondhamadi nee enakku)

Pick #349

http://tfmpage.com/stream/pow06/pen_sne.rm

Song: peNalla nee oru bommai
    Movie: sondhamadi nee enakku
    Singers : PSuseela, Jayachandran
    Lyrics: vaali
    MD: VKumar

Clash of classes was the theme behind SNE. A rich modern girl(Sripriya) and a middle class average joe (Jaishankar) fall in love and get married. Like all tamil films, the rich girl is rude, egoistic , dresses only in minis and doesnt forget to wear sunglasses even inside the house . Meanwhile the average joe is polite, respectful and trusting.
    Each is controlled by their mothers. The pair break up until the girl realises how a pathini peN should be have and come running to her husbands feet. Nothing you have not seen before.

I remember todays song for its picturisation. I was a kid and was thoroughly bored . So the bommalattam with jai and sripriya as the puppets was amusing to me. The moms, sukumari? and SNLakshmi? draw the strings while sri and jai awkardly shake their arms and legs .

The melodious voices of PS and JC are the other positive points of the song.

'indha raadha krishna kaadhal enbadhu'(SPB,VJ) is another good song i remember from this film.

Senior Member Diamond Hubber madhu's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ramki..

I too remember...nalla bommalattam..
    BTW, we can feel the contrast between this song and the other one "indha radhakrishnan" in all aspects.. the soft, slow and ( though the voice of the singers goes up occasionally... anEgama medhuva paduraanga ) .. But the other song is fast and peppy.. VK nallAve senjirukkAru..