Page 151 of 237 FirstFirst ... 51101141149150151152153161201 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,510 of 2365

Thread: Pick of the week: 1 Mar to 5 Aug 2006

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bala
    I featured this song in Aug 2005

http://www.dhool.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=24&start=60

Someone did a nice cut and paste job at tamilsongs lyrics page. Good job! Anyway thanks for searching the net for the details of Paruvakalam.

Ramki
    Congrats for your century!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry Sathya Akka!

I searched the web and this is the first hit I got...

Thanks for the correction..

Bala

Post Thanks / Like
    Ramki/RR/Admin

Please remove my posting where I had provided the Tamil Lyrics Link for Paruva Kaalam. Sorry the link should have been that of sk.

Thanks
    bala

Banned Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you everyone for additional details and wishes

Banned Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

kaNNe kaNmaniye(karumbu)

Pick #280

http://raretfm.mayyam.com/stream/pow06/kanne_k.rm

Song: kaNNe kaNmaniye
    Film: karumbu
    Singer: sabita chowdhury
    lyrics: ?
    Music: salil chowdhury

Decades ago, when i first listened to the scintillating 'nisagamapani'(
    http://www.musicindiaonline.com/l/17/s/movie_name.265/
    ) from 'anand mahal', i was not aware who the female singer was, but i liked her unique soulful voice. Much later i discovered the song was sung by salilda's wife sabita.

Here are couple of links on sabita and her songs

http://www.salilda.com/nonfilmsongs/sabita.asp
    http://www.calonline.com/cal/alaap/sabita.html

Thanks to NeelD for sending her tamil(only?) song. He writes:

So much has been said about Salil Choudhury. And so much not. Choudhury
    is one who did not compose for as many films as the leading composers
    of his time did. But he made his round in several languages and left
    his mark everywhere he went. The uniqueness of his music sets him apart
    even after three decades past his heyday.

This may be Sabita Choudhury's only song in Tamil. For someone from the
    North (or should I say East) she has very little accent and very few
    mispronunciations which she probably could have cleaned up if only she
    had sung a few more songs in Tamil.

Karumbu album was released in 1974. The film was never released

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the nice melodious song Ramki. In spite of having a singer wife, it is so nice to see Salilda has used wide variety of singers in his career.

Bala

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber Neel D's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Velli Rathangal is a beautiful song. I like Madhuri's singing. Her pronunciation is very good and her voice has a good range. She is a million times better than the later imports. Wish she had stayed a little longer in TFM. Thanks for the song Ramki.

It was a nice write-up Sathyakabali. Thank you for that. Rojaramani is so pretty.

It is kind of sad to read the interview with Sabita Chowdhury. One person's success is another person's sacrifice. At least she did it half-willingly and so that may be half-digestible. But what happened later with the music industry politics is just plain wrong. Still this happens all over India because of artistes with their selfish motives. Thanks for presenting the song Ramki.

Post Thanks / Like
    Dear Mrs.Sathya, Paruvakaalam write-up is very well written by you. The details on Malayalam films and songs by GD is very informative. I would say you are one of the treasures in TFMPage.

As Need said I am able to apreciate the sacrifice of Mrs.Sabita. But somehow I am not comfortable with her pronounciation and clarity in singing. This is just my view.

Moderator Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi to all,
    I am new to this forum, though I have been going thro’ this thread for a while now. On going thro’ I had mixed feeling. A happy trip down the memory lane and also a sad tinge that I missed this for so long. Thanks Ramki for bringing those vintage memories back. I find all the regular hubbers as knowledgeable persons and their input has contributed to the success of this thread. I would like to share some trivia about the films/songs discussed and put up some corrections (hope you don’t mind)
    Going from the latest, when the song “Inangalile enna inam Penninam”, was mentioned it has been said that it is PS/KJY duet. But it was sung by Swarna, wife of V.Kumar who scored music for “Nalla Penmani”(lyrics: Pulamai Pithan). I think Swarna sang only for VK. The other two popular songs by Swarna were Ennodu ennonavoe in Thooondil Meen (already hosted here) and her duet with TMS, Ezhuthatha Paadal ondru from Then sindhudhe Vaanam (1976) *ing Sivakumar, Jayachitra, Kamal & Ranichandra, (more famous for the KJY song Unnidam Mayagukiran). It is one among the few that TMS had sung for Kamal [others being Mangala Vadhiyam (MSV prodn.) & Devar’s Thayillamal Naanilai].
    Then for Raghupathy Raghava (n) Raja ram, SG was the music director and not VK. The song was a regular in Radios when released in 1977. As mentioned Jayachandran was an upcoming artist at that time and he paired with Sumithra. Jayachandran could also be seen in subsequent releases of 1977, like one among the five friends in Adu Puli Attam and Naam Pirantha Man (Vanchinathan). The advent of Kamal and Rajini put paid to his rise though he was seen in negative roles afterwards (Paavathin Sambalam-1978)

Moderator Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Talking about Jolly Abraham, I think there is one more popular song from him, a duet with VJ from the film Neethiku Mun Neeya Naana (a 1979 release *ing Vijayakumar & Latha, music by MSV, I think most of the people would not have even heard about the movie). I just remember few words like erumbu, seeni, malai etc (not sure whether it is in Pallavi or saranam). The meaning was somewhat like this; an ant will even climb a mountain provided it is made of sugar. I hope somebody can throw light on this.
    Regarding Veetukku oru Pillai (1971), the TMS song Naan Potta Pulli, was popular and a similar looking song followed it within months (i.e.) Kalyanaponnu Kadaipakkam Pona from Raja (1972-also by MSV). The interesting tit bit about VOP is it was a remake of Saawan Baadan (Rekha’s first movie). Directed by TR Ramanna, a rare colour movie for Jai at that time this went on to become a hit in spite of having to compete with two giants (i.e.) MGR’s Neerum Neruppum & Sivaji’s Babu (all 71 Deepavali releases).