Page 134 of 237 FirstFirst ... 3484124132133134135136144184234 ... LastLast
Results 1,331 to 1,340 of 2365

Thread: Pick of the week: 1 Mar to 5 Aug 2006

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber RC's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    SN23: Can you list your top 20 SJ songs? Being an ardent SJ fan, I would like to see the list of songs you come up with

Ramki: varuvaan mOhanroopan is a rare find. I sort of remember hearing this song looong time ago. Thanks for this.
    Thookam un kaNgaLai ethana dharam kettaalum kandippa thookam varum... excellent singing by SJ.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Beautiful song. Very pleasant. Kaadodu dhan naan pesuven and this song needs that low pitched but singing with beauty. Both singers SJ & LREE did justics to their songs.
    RC, adhu enna paara patcham? Even myself can come out with top 10 songs of SJ, though I am not a great fan of SJ. Chumma kindaling
    Ramki, ungalukku romba porumai jasthinnu nenaikkiren. Next week-ku ippave prepare pannanum. Yaar special? Happy week-end

Banned Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    vel1970 Indha vaaram no special combos. Random selectionthaan

Banned Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

maalai iLamanadhil(avaL oru pachai kuzhandhai)

Pick #260

http://raretfm.mayyam.com/stream/pow06/maalai_aop.rm

Song:maalai iLamanadhil
    Film: avaL oru pachai kuzhandhai
    Singers: SNSurendar, Shobha Chandrasekhar
    Lyrics: kaNNadasan ?
    Music: iLaiyaraja

SAchandrasekhar made his directorial debut with AOP and pronto his wife and bil got a chance to sing this beautiful debut.
    This may be their first song together but definitely not their first song. shobha sang 'oru maharaja oru maharani' with TMS in 'iru malargaL' and SNS was one of the child singers in 'varavu ettana'(baama vijayam).I think they have sung few other songs as child singers.
    Shobha C never got a chance to sing 'outside' films. Late 90s she sang some memorable numbers like 'thottabatta road mele mutta barotta' ,'urmiLa urmiLa' etc
    When i was visiting India in 2004, i saw her doing a solo karnatic kacheri in SUNtv. it was just painful to watch. I heard she is now doing her saba rounds. God save music .

Todays pick is noteworthy just for the outstanding interludes by IR.

Who acted in AOP? By any chance was it sivakumar and Sumithra?
    What are the othe songs in AOP?

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ramki, neenga neraiya cheese uLLa thaLLuveengaLaa? I could not control my laughter while I read "When i was visiting .... I heard she is now doing her saba rounds. God save music"

If my memory is good, AOP lead pair was Vijayakumar and Bhavani. B acted as 2nd wife of Sivakumar in BadrakaaLi. She acted in MGR Movies like Uzhaikkum karangaL (good role)and Navarathnam.

AOP had enough intimate and palaana scenes between VK and B, as I heard. VK dies very early in the movie and how the deserted heroine overcome the pain of loneliness was the great story written by SAC.

Shobha sang in Nalla pErai vaanga vendum piLLaigaLE (TMS, Anjali, Shobha) and NaaLai namadhE also (PS, Anjali, Shobha). Also Appa muththam thandhaar amma pakkam vandhaar (TMS, PS and Shobha; film: ????).

SNS singing did not yield him huge results than his dubbing for Mohan, Vijayakanth and many 80s heros. There is some unqueness in his voice, which was well received/utilised by lead actors.

POW is really a different one. Would have been a great hit if was sung by IR's fav singers SPB + SJ. TIMHO

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber Neel D's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ramki,

Thanks for featuring "pon Unjal katti vaiththu" last week. And for the other songs too.

Long time since I heard "mAlai iLam manathil". It is a lovely song. The score has a V.Kumar flavor. It was a hit when it came out. But did not sustain it very long. Thanks for bringing it back.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber rajraj's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    You now have a POW song list. Click on the link below to see the list. Try your favourite song and let us know if you have any problems with the audio. Also, let us know if your favourite is missing !
    Please note that the list pertains to the songs posted in this thread and not what is in the archives.

POW Song List

This link is also in the very first post by Ramki
    " I think there is a world market for may be five computers". IBM Chairman Thomas Watson in 1943.

Senior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    remember hearing this song in radio decades back.those days when tape recorder was new I used to record songs as they aired in radio on to tapes.It wont be of great quality.But still I have some of these songs in casettes in an old cupboard at home.Thanks for the song Ramki.Idhu ilayraja musicunnu neenga solithaan theriyum

Senior Member Veteran Hubber baroque's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nice leisurely song from Shri.Ilayaraaja! Thanks, Ramki!

Banned Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks everyone for sharing your thoughts and other details