Page 111 of 237 FirstFirst ... 1161101109110111112113121161211 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,110 of 2365

Thread: Pick of the week: 1 Mar to 5 Aug 2006

Senior Member Senior Hubber Thiru's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RC
    PengaL veetin KaNgaL was directed by TP Gajendran, I think.
    Wasnt oNNa irukka kathukkanum also by V.Sekar with Sivakumar, Nazar(?), Manorama in the cast?
    Yes..onna irukka athukkanum was by V. Sekar... Varavu Ettana selavu pathana was the biggest hit of his career.. There was another movie, kaalam maari pochu starring Pandiyarajan, R.sundarrajan and vadivelu which was also by V. sekar

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Regular Hubber From Mars's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    what about poranthaalum aampiLaa porakka koodaathu?

Administrator Diamond Hubber RR's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rajdes
    RR/SN, one of these had IR's music - which was that one, do you remember?
    'paarvathi ennai paaradi' is also by IR..

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    [tscii]
    Quote Originally Posted by SN23
    On this PoW, I find PS’voice sounded leading though it was getting aged. Unfortunately this VVVVVV.Rare song was not picturised properly. PS as well as SJ singing for both Sarala & Bhanupriya....
    SN23: I agree with you on the better voice in this song. PS had that pride. But SJ was given more prominence than PS & VJ. In second para PS had just one line. Say is there "go with the mass". Since SJ was still singing more in early 90's than other, she was given lead singing by Chandrabose.

Banned Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

nenjil uramumindri,achamillai (ezhavadhu manidhan)

Picks #223 and 234

http://raretfm.mayyam.com/stream/pow06/nenjil_em.rm
    http://raretfm.mayyam.com/stream/pow06/achamillai_em.rm

Songs: nenjil uramumindri\achamillai achamillai
    Film: ezhavadhu manidhan
    Singers : Rajkumar Bharathi\SPB
    Lyrics: Mahakavi Bharathiar
    Music: Lvaidhyanathan

Two songs to remember the mahakavi on his birth date. When we speak of 'ezhavadhu manidhan' only songs by KJY come to our mind. Todays pick are not commonly heard songs. "achamillai" is a very different attempt by LV and RB shines in 'nenjil uramumindri'. RB also sang the nalladhor veenai song in this film.
    I think 'ezhavadhu manidhan' was the first tamil film by Malayalam film director Hariharan. A very thin looking Raghuvaran made his debut too. Unfortunately the film did not very well. It had the artsy film look and feel and you know how much our folks hate such films.

The songs were outstanding..'kakkai chiraginile' and 'veenaiyadi nee enakku' are two wonderful songs. LV, unfortunately, did not not do many films. I remember the wonderful songs he did in 'kavidhai paada neramillai' . His other tamil films are 'vaazhthungaL', 'lottery ticket' 'Dasarathan'.
    His bgm for 'pesum padam', 'sandhya raagam' ,'marupakkam' etc won him critical acclamation

Junior Member Admin HubberNewbie HubberTeam HubberModerator HubberPro Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bandha Paasam movie is something like this. SG and GG are brothers and SVR is the father who is a rich person.Devika is a writer and Savithri helps her financially for education etc. GG-Savithri are lovers at college.
    SVR loses all money and becomes poor. SG and GG try to recover. Misunderstanding between Savithri and GG comes up when she realises that GG has lied her that he is rich (before he became poor). Devika is helped financially by Savithri and Devika loves SG but SG does not respond. They both sing this song then..

In one of the interviews of Kamal, I heard that Indian was inspired from NPM.

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    tvs raju - are you the yesteryear MD, by any chance?
    Sure I have seen this name as MD in some movie title.
    Ramki/RR, thanks for the reply. I remember PEP, that one which had a clone of, of all people, Captain, in the lead as a romantic hero . Moondru scenegalukku appuram velinadappu seidhom.(Avvalavu neram thaanginadhe persusu!)

RR, now, do you know the movie which had TVS Raju as MD. I am pretty sure there was one, which I saw in DD and he also had a weird looking adaimozhi which too I have forgotten.
    Raj

Senior Member Regular Hubber From Mars's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ramki,

there is one more movie by LV, 'ninaivE ennai nerungaathE'. One popular song ?? (at least in Mars) is 'sangamam nam sangamam' by KJY & KS.Chitra. The other songs in that movie are so so

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Which year did Ezhavadhu Manithan get the National Award?

Junior Member Admin HubberNewbie HubberTeam HubberModerator HubberPro Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rajdes
    RR, now, do you know the movie which had TVS Raju as MD. I am pretty sure there was one, which I saw in DD and he also had a weird looking adaimozhi which too I have forgotten.
    Are you thinking of T.V. Raju who was the MD for "kanimuththu paappa"?