Page 234 of 237 FirstFirst ... 134184224232233234235236 ... LastLast
Results 2,331 to 2,340 of 2365

Thread: Pick of the week: 1 Mar to 5 Aug 2006

Senior Member Regular Hubber umaramesh's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    POONANA NERAM INERAM UDHYAM . spb-shailja duet.
    Kadvual amithan is my favourite song. Grand prelude and I think TMS voice very much suited for shivaji.

PS sings perfect while TMS struggles at Paranjothiye .. but overall a nice song.
    I think TMS did well MANITHIRA THIVANGALAIN MAYA KAITHKULUKU Where he sings in the high pitch. PS voice was so sweet .

ramesh

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    One of the best films of Sivjaji is KVS. Over-acting is born with Sivaji but Sivaji will be NULL without OA In KVS, his performance is like walking on the knife, splendid !! No less in case of Saritha. I have seen the stage drama also. TS Anandhi's acting was damn good. People (at least around me) incl myself were very much moved with full of tears while watching the last scenes.

TMS's bhavam while rendering "virundhu ellAm mudindha pinbu, piLLaiyinai azhaiththAn iraivan aruLjodhiyE" is commanding. One will vouch me while you relish this by watching the song sequence.

Why no solid praise on PS? Let me take that pride... Saritha is filled completely with anxiety about the episode being directed by her FIL. Though she respects him, but smelt 'something fishy here' and her finger points towards Sivaji. In this song, she ventilates her agony and anxiety and all burried feelings. Excellent wordings, Fitting music and obviously powerful singing by PS..... Pudhaindhu vaitha manakumural...ellam veLi varum andha uNarvu pravAham... simply astounding performance by PS. Though in 80's no.of PS songs in a film came down to 1 or maximum 2, but every song has had her agmark muthirai. Thats all your honor

Senior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ramki Sir,

Very nice song. I like the way they said Muruga Muruga Muruga...!

I like the climax. superb acting by NT and Saritha.

Same type of song has used in visu's Vaa Magale Vaa. Even the scene also similar, a conversation between Appa and Magal (Visu and Kushbu).

Muruga... Muruga..!
    Irai Asiyudan
    Prem Ananth

Senior Member Regular Hubber umaramesh's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi SN

Over-acting is born with Sivaji but Sivaji will be NULL without OA

Can you elaborate what is over acting and normal acting in NT thread? so that we will discuss there.

regards
    ramesh

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    In Keezhvanam sivakkum i liked jai's acting. Differnt role he played.

Kan kanda deivame is mei silirkkum song. 2 times kEttEn. I found myself involved very much. Was it by Kannadasan?

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber RC's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    What is considered Overacting now (may be a decade ago too) was the kind of acting required those days. I wouldnt call all of them Overacting. May be people dont emote like that nowadays. KVS was a classic example of Sivaji's acting skills.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Anoushka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am listening to the song kaN kaNda deivame .... after years, thanks
    The moment will arrive when you are comfortable with who you are, and what you are--when you don't feel the need to apologize for anything or to deny anything. To be comfortable in your own skin is the beginning of strength.

Junior Member Admin HubberNewbie HubberTeam HubberModerator HubberPro Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Looking for this song for a long time now.. Thanks for the wonderful song.. Excellent singing by PS.

Good movie as well with excellent performances from NT and Saritha.. But more than them I liked the role played by Jaishankar... Romba adakki vasichiruppar..

Banned Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you everyone for your feedback. I'm glad the selection was liked by so many.

For the next pick, pls go here.

Junior Member Admin HubberNewbie HubberTeam HubberModerator HubberPro Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: putham pudhu meni(subha dhinam)

Quote Originally Posted by Ramki
    Thankyou all for posting your thoughts on ethanai azhagu

Pick #169

http://tfmpage.com/stream/songs/putham_sd.rm

Song: putham puthu meni
    Film: subha dhinam
    Singers : PSuseela, BalaMuraliKrishna
    Lyrics: vaali
    Music: KVMahadevan

Thanks to JN for the song. (I apologize for the poor quality, i did my best to remove the noise).

On Jan 1st of every year, the very first song VB airs on ungaL viruppam is 'aandukku aandu thedhikku thedhi' by SG. The song is so popular, atleast on newyears, that it shadowed the another good song. Todays pick.
    A beautiful duet by KVM(though i read that the song was actually tuned by TGLingappa for someother film. He later let the director of SD to use the song).
    PS does a great job. She just breezes through the song with her sweet young voice and almost makes BMK voice just bearable.

Another popular song from SD is 'verenne ninaivu unnai thavira'(PS,TMS, ALR)

Thanks for the details of this lovely song by PS and BMK! I was doing a query on the Melody queen's website and found the following link -

http://psusheela.org/tam/raresongs/raresongs101.html

Here it says the MD is TG Lingappa!

Trivia - This song sounds very much to a Madan Mohan Composition from a hindi movie Jahan Ara - woh chhup rahe sung by Lata M. I was listening to this hindi song a couple of days back, when I remembered this duet. I did a search this morning and got all the info. Plus this one from the tmfpage (though the movie mentioned is wrong!) -

"KVM's mannan thiru meni from subadinam sung Balamurali Krishna and PS certainly (atleast in the Pallavi portion) sounds very similar to Madan Mohan's 'Wo Chup rahe' from "Adalat" sun by Lata.I guess it qualifies to be called a copy."
    <source: http://tfmpage.com/forum/21233.20751.9.html >>

Could someone throw light as to who the correct MD is!

Thanks in advance,
    Priyamudam,
    Nimi