Page 3 of 149 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: IR New Albums - Ver 2006

Junior Member Admin HubberNewbie HubberTeam HubberModerator HubberPro Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    RS

Is the audio released? is there any other source for listening? rapidshare is blocked by corporate here at work

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rajasaranam, can you please upload it somewhere else. I dont like Rapidshare. Its almost always a problem. It says the file has been downloaded "0" times, but also says that my server is already downloading the file or that my IP address is already downloading a file.

thanks,

Krishnan

Junior Member Admin HubberNewbie HubberTeam HubberModerator HubberPro Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    RS could you please upload in coolgoose?
    Thanks!
    Mona

Senior Member Veteran Hubber rajasaranam's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Listening again Dheemi Dheemi also sounds similar but cant point it out right now. May be he mixed up two or three songs to get this
    like he had done for kaise kahen where he started off with the humming of 'Ninaivo oru paravai' and the song as told by Teja

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

Junior Member Newbie Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Songs are great... absolute gems.. but little bit skeptical about the response it will receive from northies... any reviews??

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    I heard `kaise kahen' briefly in the video promo link posted here...Looks like this song (and the telugu original) are cousins to `kAviriyE, kavikkuyilE' of aduththa vArisu...(It's not very difficult for the master artist to modify an existing melody with subtle variations and give a different orchestration)

Senior Member Veteran Hubber rajasaranam's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by app_engine
    I heard `kaise kahen' briefly in the video promo link posted here...Looks like this song (and the telugu original) are cousins to `kAviriyE, kavikkuyilE' of aduththa vArisu...(It's not very difficult for the master artist to modify an existing melody with subtle variations and give a different orchestration)
    Exactly ! He has done it all over this album.
    though i was skeptical at the first listening of the songs. multiple listenings have made me to decipher the subtle changes he had made to the tunes and orchestration. I compared them with the originals and found a lot of variations.

Saara yeh Aalam -The song 'Aanaandha raagam' has got this punch of 'Thullal nadai' all over the song while its counterpart 'saara yeh aalam' has some additional orchestration and a slight change of tempo and length in charanams from the original. Now the song becomes another classic melodious love duet deviated from the original. The changes have been done keeping in mind the hindi qudience I believe.

Police Police - has been changed considerably to sound contemporary. Awesome rock style guitar works to be looked out for in this song. The only sore point his his usage of 'Jagada jaa' in the beginning I don't know how the northies are going to receive it. The song is new yet retaining the original fun of 'Botany paadam'. And the Charanams are entirely different from the original. The original had surprisingly pallavi repeated into both charanams.Hence this song again becomes new shaking itself out of its old form.

Josh mein - is the biggest surprise of all. The original 'Vidiya Vidiya Nadanam'was a youthful peppy song.And was a call for the youth to join in the fun. And Raaja has changed its format in total essense to give us a song Calling the youths to Save the nation from the corruption and failed system.Tune has been given variations at many places and the orchestration is completely deifferent.The Charanam is entirely different from the original And the usage of Yesudas for this song is a preference of Raaja I Believe, with his obssession to use KJY for this genre of songs. A few Examples Iam reminded of Are 'Manitha manitha' and 'Adadaa' from pithamgan.Well this again becomes a new song.

Kaise Kahen - Havent listened to the original with due concentration. hence Iam not able to point out the variations. While the song starts off with the humming of the tune 'Ninaivo oru paravai' He brings in another entirely different tune and blends them together. The humming and tune of this song sink to the T. The part 'I love you...' at the end of pallavi is taken from some other song i think. Given the other instances i believe this song should also be changed heavily from original.

Now listening to the way he had given us entirely new songs out of old ones. Iam much excited about 'Cheeni kum'

Shapath - is a melancholic song with usual musical idioms and patterns found in his Sad songs. It has been rendered by Raaja himself. Well his pronounciation is not that bad but could have tried other singers for this song. While I did like the Idea of giving the taste of Raaja's mesmerising voice for this kind of genre to the northies. :P

Dheemi Dheemi - Is at its melodious best of Raaja. A song that came to my mind after sometime is 'Kaadhal Neethaana' from Time. Got to check out if Iam right. Or is it the patterns he has sprinkled all over the song makes me think so.

I have no picks as such and am in love with the Whole album.

And It is Loud and Clear 'The songs doesnt need any time to grow' and they are instant likeners. The maestro has delivered his best once again. Hope the Northies get a taste of it, for they will be at loss if not.

AND BUY THE ORIGINAL CD'S.
    What else can we do to show our love towards this greatest composer

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

Shiva

This whole album has traces of IRs old tamil hits but the orchestration is completely different from the originals.

1. Saara Yeh Alaam - One can definitely relate this one with the "Aanandha Raagam" right away. The Orchestration and parts of the song have been improvised.

2. Kaise Kahen - Starts off with the "Ninaivo Oru Paravai" humming. The "I Love you I Love you" sounds like the "Oh My Love U R my Sweetheart" piece from the "Kaveriye Kavikuyile" - Adutha Varisu Song. The rest of the song doesnt have resemblance to the above 2 songs though.

3. Dheemi Dheemi - To simply put it.....IR is taking us on a melody ride......everything is good abt this song....preludes...melody...interludes.....IR at his best

4. Police Police - Techno/Rock version of "Botany Paadum"....the starting "jaagu jeegu...." cud hav been avoided...this part makes it sound like a song of the 80s....the rest of the orchestration is totally rockin.

5. Josh Mein - Melody resembles "Vidiya Vidiya" nadanam...but the orchestration is completely different.....KJYs voice suits really good for this song. the interludes are too good....

6. Shapath - A "Engey Sellum" kinda song....starts off with humming....IRs voice doesnt do justice to the melody line....his voice would have been good on the tamil version of this song...his hindi pronounciation isnt too good n free flowing either

All in All.....a grt album (but nt by his standards) as each n every song gets you hooked up rightaway....

Long Live IR!!!!

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    superb review rajasaranam, you have increased my wish a lot to hear this album. When will the original album be released or it was released?

Page 3 of 149 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast