View Poll Results: If Society Didn't Have Any Problem With People Living Together Before Marriege, and Parents Didn't O

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'd probably Still End Up Getting Married.

9 64.29%
  • I'll Consider Living With Someone Before Marriage For Sure....But I'm Not Sure If I'll Go All The Way Since It's New To Us...(This is given that future generations won't have a prob living together)

1 7.14%
  • Even Now, I don't Care What Society Things. Society Won't Be Something That I Consider If I Meet Someone I Want To Live With....

3 21.43%
  • If society didn't interfere in my life, then I'd rather live with someone I liked than marriage

1 7.14%
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Marriage.....

Senior Member Platinum Hubber pavalamani pragasam's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    A great pity To miss such a supreme sense of fulfilment marriage gives
    Eager to watch the trends of the world & to nurture in the youth who carry the future world on their shoulders a right sense of values.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Senior Hubber dsath's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    There are lots of reasons why people get married. But a majority of them marry to find love (in arranged marriages) and hold on to their love (in love marriages). With love come all other things like commitment, dedication. For every 2 people who go to 'T', there are 2 people who don't go. That is the reason why so many people still believe in marriages.

But having said that, marriage is not required for commitment and a happy life together. My colleague who is living with his partner happily for 10 years and has 3 children doesn't want to marry, as he and his partner have not felt it 'necessary' to be married. He is a devoted father and 'husband' and always puts family first. Now that’s something to think abt.

Senior Member Platinum Hubber pavalamani pragasam's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    The sanction/licence of marriage raises the whole dignity of human life bestowing all the benefits & pleasures it rightly deserves. It shows the difference between living & existing. Animals exist prodded by a clockwork mechanism of instinct. Humans live guided by conscious, deliberate choice. Animals herd together & rule by muscle power. Humans live as society on the foundation of moral power. The gradual progress is evident in human history. Whatever is taken for granted cannot really satisfy or endure. Whatever comes with binding/commitment/proviso gives meaning, weight, purpose which is worthwhile experiencing during one’s life on this earth. Modern trend-setters for living together are paving the way for jungle raj!
    Eager to watch the trends of the world & to nurture in the youth who carry the future world on their shoulders a right sense of values.

Senior Member Diamond Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    why marriage? ..............i guess i know, but i dont believe in marriage and all those stuffs or iam not really much into these things..............i will remain single forever, if thats possible!

whats the point in marriage?.....................donno, not sure, neither intrested
    Anbe Sivam

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Surya's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hulku!
    Good explanation!

Rachel,

THANK U O SO VERY MUCH FOR UR CONTRIBUTION!!!!

tfmlover,
    I thought u were a guy...

Anywayz,

Solona,
    Exactly!! Infidelilty has increased drastically. My bro's friend recently got involved with this northie desi chick that works with him, he's married, doensn't have any children. HIs wife has no idea. Why do people who don't care to be loyal get married? If all they want is sex, then that is easily accecible, they don't need to get married to get it.

Quote Originally Posted by PP Madam
    Modern trend-setters for living together are paving the way for jungle raj!
    Humans live as society on the foundation of moral power.
    I don't see living together without getting married as a violation of any morals. I don't see what harm living together without the commitment of marriage can do to an individual or to society as a whole. Explanation Pro Favor!
    Back after a while...

Senior Member Senior Hubber temporary sori-Observer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crazy
    i will remain single forever, if thats possible!
    Quote Originally Posted by crazy
    Don't go for looks; they can deceive.
    Don't go for wealth; even that fades away.
    Go for someone who makes you ,
    Because it takes only a to
    Make a dark day seem bright.
    Find the one that makes your heart
    Ethu nadakkumO athu nanRaagavE nadakkum.

Senior Member Senior Hubber temporary sori-Observer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber ssanjinika's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Solona,Badri - What kind of company do you (your hubby) keep??!!!Sorry if I sound harsh..but thats just plain disgusting!
    Surya - agreed that infidelity has increased quite a bit but then why punish marriage for that?If you are sure that you wantto remain with this one person for the rest of your life,that this is the perfect partner for you ,you should grab hold of her/him and never let go.How can infidelity be a problem if both of you are sure that you only want this one person?

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Surya's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    How can infidelity be a problem if both of you are sure that you only want this one person?
    It cannot! But to get to that state, I think that one should live with the other person.

I think that ppl will generally agree that going to a movie, or having dinner or so with someone is entirely different than living with someone. And my opinion, is that for one to be absolutley sure that he or she only wants that one person, they should have lived together first.

If somone is married, and they liked how things went before marriage (Movies, hanging out, etc) but they can't stand to live with that person, then obviously infedility isn't far behind, since they're unhappy @ home. *Not justifying anything here*

But...if they alreadly live together, and they can still put up with eachother, then marriage would be a good option...that's just my opinion.

I think that living together before marriage is always a better idea, because it will increase the chances of the marriage working.

Guys feel free to crucify me if u think I'm wrong.
    Back after a while...

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber ssanjinika's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well...I agree with you there sorry guys crucify me too
    In our culture living together without the benifit of marriage is taboo mainly because it involves sex.So the next best thing for us would be to have a really long engagement. Which works to a certain extent.
    Living together like a long engagement itself is a commitment in my mind though.Unless there are some really serious issues, the partnership shouldnt be broken. It will definitely help to cement the marriage IMHO.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast