View Poll Results: If Society Didn't Have Any Problem With People Living Together Before Marriege, and Parents Didn't O

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'd probably Still End Up Getting Married.

9 64.29%
  • I'll Consider Living With Someone Before Marriage For Sure....But I'm Not Sure If I'll Go All The Way Since It's New To Us...(This is given that future generations won't have a prob living together)

1 7.14%
  • Even Now, I don't Care What Society Things. Society Won't Be Something That I Consider If I Meet Someone I Want To Live With....

3 21.43%
  • If society didn't interfere in my life, then I'd rather live with someone I liked than marriage

1 7.14%
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Marriage.....

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Surya's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tia
    when i first saw this thread i thought surya was gona get married!
    Back after a while...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Senior Hubber Tia's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

my first reaction was

getting married: i'm not sure if its a good thing for u but its an awesome thing for people coming to ur wedding cos they get to buy nice new expensive clothes for a good reason
    Quote Originally Posted by Surya
    Quote Originally Posted by Tia
    when i first saw this thread i thought surya was gona get married!
    THALAPTHY RAJINI -ILAYATHALAPTHY VIJAY!
    so....
    SUPERSTAR RAJINI - NEXT SUPERSTAR VIJAY!

gorgeous gaayini ~ Ghlli ~ now Tia

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Surya's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mathavange puthu dress potukka naanu life-imprisonment contract sign pannanuma?! Ithu Nalla Ideava irruke!
    Back after a while...

Senior Member Regular Hubber r_o_j_a's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Marriage is the celebration of the union of 2 people. It means that you are only committed to this particular person.
    Also to show the whole world to "stay away from my girl/man" :P .

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Hulkster's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Surya the basis of marriage was to apply one man one woman concept living together for the rest of your lives...sure sex(in terms of creation) does come in but main part of marriage is alot more than that.

* Sharing ideas and plans on how to lead life together
    * Trying to read into each others characters(understanding)
    * Wanting to make their love eternal by spending it together

which is only some of the points. There is alot more than this. It just happens that people misread marriage as a tool to spread their generation and satisfy their hidden lust while there are more diverse things like planning , compromising,making ends meet etc. Sometimes marriage can be a guide to success as characters do improve for the better in marriage and there is someone whom you can rely on when you have the feelings burning inside you. Marriage is more towards emotions and characteristics.

Creating your next generation with someone whom you desire may be done through marriage or not depending on how they perceive it but humans are knowledgeable enough to know it is lot more than just creating.

As for sex, exposure to it at a young age and the breeding of lust without any sufficient control made westerners so addicted to it you see it like it is was just happening for years. That in part also washes their mindset from viewing their partner as a individual with feelings.

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber rachel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Senior Member Regular Hubber solona's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mostly everyone who posted here accept that marriage means commitment, but that is main thing lacking in marriages now a days. How many people remain loyal to the commitment.

Sorry for offending you guys, I overheard one of my family friend proposing to go on tour to Bangkok and "profit and enjoy" which my hubby refused (luckily for me) the friend was telling that they were group of childhood friends (all of them married)who make regularly trips to Thailand to "enjoy" if his wife thought like that, what would he say. The worst thing is that this guys acts like Raman in front of his wife that poor thing believes. I think these people should not get married at all, you can enjoy all your life without getting married.
    This happened recently so I am bit too sorry

Post Thanks / Like
    Well said, Solona!

I was in the US on a business trip when some of my friends (even those married) urged on me to this same Thailand kind of adventure! I couldnt understand how even those that were married could entertain such thoughts!

With what courage would these men return to face their wives?

And what would they do if they discovered that while they were away in the US, their wives were also going to "Thailand"?

I remember telling them this very harshly. Some two or three guys felt the stinging truth of my words and desisted! For several others, however, the flesh was stronger than their spirit, their will, their 'thanmaanam', their love and their belief in an institution called marriage!

Apologies to Thailand and Thai people, for having used "Thailand" in this sense. It was merely an extension of what solona had said
    When we stop labouring under the delusion of our cosmic self-importance, we are free of hindrance, fear, worry and attachment. We are liberated!!!

Senior Member Platinum Hubber pavalamani pragasam's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Eager to watch the trends of the world & to nurture in the youth who carry the future world on their shoulders a right sense of values.

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber tfmlover's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Marriage.....

Quote Originally Posted by Surya
    Marriage, something that has existed in every culture around the globe...I guess it was essential back then. What's the point now? Is it still needed, essential or is it just one of those things that people still follow even though it doesn't make sense anymore?

Somehow Society (indian espicially) has made it so that Mariage is inevitable in a person's life. It's one of those things that a man and a woman must accomplish in their lifetime, like graduating High School and College or something.

I am not a bliever in Marriage. I don't see the point. Sure, if 2 people want to celebrate their love for eachother and create a bond between eachother, it makes sense. But I dont' see the point in getting married, unless, one is hopelessly in love with someone else.

I don't think it makes sense for anyone to marry anyone unless they feel that they cannot live without the other person.

*Why has marraige become something of a right of passage for everyone in Society?

*Why do people still continue to get married to people they don't know? (arranged marriages)

*Why is Marriage on the "To Do" list of many in the world, even if they haven't found their Hrithik Roshan or Aishwarya Rai yet?

* Why do Ppl have the urge to get married?

*What is the point of Marriage?

Please put forth ur ideas and opinions on Marriage.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast