View Poll Results: If Society Didn't Have Any Problem With People Living Together Before Marriege, and Parents Didn't O

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'd probably Still End Up Getting Married.

9 64.29%
  • I'll Consider Living With Someone Before Marriage For Sure....But I'm Not Sure If I'll Go All The Way Since It's New To Us...(This is given that future generations won't have a prob living together)

1 7.14%
  • Even Now, I don't Care What Society Things. Society Won't Be Something That I Consider If I Meet Someone I Want To Live With....

3 21.43%
  • If society didn't interfere in my life, then I'd rather live with someone I liked than marriage

1 7.14%
Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Marriage.....

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Surya's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Marriage.....

Marriage, something that has existed in every culture around the globe...I guess it was essential back then. What's the point now? Is it still needed, essential or is it just one of those things that people still follow even though it doesn't make sense anymore?

Somehow Society (indian espicially) has made it so that Mariage is inevitable in a person's life. It's one of those things that a man and a woman must accomplish in their lifetime, like graduating High School and College or something.

I am not a bliever in Marriage. I don't see the point. Sure, if 2 people want to celebrate their love for eachother and create a bond between eachother, it makes sense. But I dont' see the point in getting married, unless, one is hopelessly in love with someone else.

I don't think it makes sense for anyone to marry anyone unless they feel that they cannot live without the other person.

*Why has marraige become something of a right of passage for everyone in Society?

*Why do people still continue to get married to people they don't know? (arranged marriages)

*Why is Marriage on the "To Do" list of many in the world, even if they haven't found their Hrithik Roshan or Aishwarya Rai yet?

* Why do Ppl have the urge to get married?

*What is the point of Marriage?

Please put forth ur ideas and opinions on Marriage.
    Back after a while...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Diamond Hubber madhu's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    mm.. Surya and Jothika getting married on 9/11 :P

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Hulkster's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Surya let us go back in history for the concept of marriage first.

In those days if a Man had intimate relations with a Woman it was considered that both were married. In other ways sex was a sort of symbol that they were both married. But as time went on wise people decided that it might be too obscene or uncivilised if they asked established a man or wife as married after they had sex. So they decided to do a ceremony(later on each religion had their own version) where they announced both as husband and wife and then they continued their intimate relations.

Another reason that was claimed is that in those days(before civilisation came into humans mind) man did not the meaning of marriage and they just used to have intimate relations with any woman they liked and vice versa...to control this urge and what is deemed as incomprehensible later on people decided on the one man one woman concept and then announced marriage to apply this concept in reality.

Now one thing is marriage is not permanent as in it must be done for all. Marriage is a individuals own choice and they can choose if they want to share their life with another or live alone. It is just the parent's wish or hope that their children must be married that makes it seem permanent. Moreover the society having a flawed opinion of unmarried singles(more on single woman) pushed parents to make marriage permanent in their children's thoughts.

Arranged marriage was mainly created in those days to marry off a man to a woman if both are not able to find their own life partners but as times became modern it became something of a necessity to marry of a man/woman to a life partner that is deemed suitable to the parents and the society they live in. Now this concept itself is dying off soon and probably will die off once all countries become modernised.

The point of marriage is the unification of two souls who decide to share their life together. Of course primary basis will remain that if either a man or woman have intimate relations with each other they are deemed to be husband and wife unofficially but marriage is seen as a "official" announcement that both of them are husband and wife. In terms of producing the next generation, majority view the generation as proper children if their parents are married although this has been slightly shoved off in westernised countries.

As for the urge to get married it mainly rests on the individual's opinion. If they feel that they can live together without having to be married then theres no marriage. If they feel that they want to show themselves as married to the whole world then theres marriage. But basically once a man or woman live together they are married whether a ceremony is done to announce them as married or not.

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber villan007's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by madhu

OMG...

Senior Member Senior Hubber temporary sori-Observer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Marriage.....

Quote Originally Posted by Surya
    * Why do Ppl have the urge to get married?
    À¡Öõ ¸ºó¾Ð, Àﺨ½ ¦¿¡ó¾Ð
    ¸¡Ã½õ ¿£ «È¢Å¡ö, §¾¨Å¸û ¿£ «È¢Å¡ö.
    ¿¡¦Ç¡Õ §Å¸Óõ, §Á¡¸Óõ, ¾¡ÀÓõ
    Å¡Ä¢Àõ ¾ó¾ ͸õ, þÇž¢É¢ø Åó¾ ͸õ!

http://www.musicindiaonline.com/l/26/s/movie_name.4269/
    Ethu nadakkumO athu nanRaagavE nadakkum.

Senior Member Platinum Hubber pavalamani pragasam's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    TN, Ý÷¡×ìÌ ¬ñ ¦Àñ ®÷ôÀ¢ø ºó§¾¸Á¢ø¨Ä ¾¢ÕÁ½õ ±ýÈ º¼í¸¢ø¾¡ý ÅÕò¾õ
    Eager to watch the trends of the world & to nurture in the youth who carry the future world on their shoulders a right sense of values.

Senior Member Senior Hubber dsath's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    This topic from Surya???? Do i smell something

Senior Member Senior Hubber podalangai's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Marriage.....

Quote Originally Posted by Surya
    A certain wise Someone explained it two thousand years ago:

இயல்பினான் இல்வாழ்க்கை வாழ்பவன் என்பான்
    முயல்வாருள் எல்லாம் தலை.
    ஆற்றின் ஒழுக்கி அறனிழுக்கா இல்வாழ் க்கை
    நோற்பாரின் நோன்மை உடைத்து.
    ni enna periya podalangai-nu ennama?

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Surya's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Madhu
    Don't remind me!! Perazhagan, Anbuselvan IPS, Sanjay Ramasami, is getting married to Bombay Akka who looks like a horse without make-up!!

Hulk-U!!

So it is given that the basis of Marriage is the urge for Sexual Relations right? Atleast it was so when it started. Why does it exist when Sex is so easily accesible. Not get my wrong, I'm not talking about prostitution. Here atleast (And I'm guessing this is how it is in other western nations) most people get laid on their forth date, this is considering that one of them isn't rabidly turn-off material.

So is it safe to think that marriage is something that transcends the Sexual Relhm...rehlm..I'm a horrible speller, but u get what I'm saying..? :P

Quote Originally Posted by dsath
    This topic from Surya???? Do i smell something
    Depends on what your smelling for! :P

Honestly! I don't have any sort of Religious Agenda behind this thread! :P

Tamil Posters,

I can't read ur posts, The fonts look wierd!
    Back after a while...

Senior Member Senior Hubber Tia's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    when i first saw this thread i thought surya was gona get married!
    THALAPTHY RAJINI -ILAYATHALAPTHY VIJAY!
    so....
    SUPERSTAR RAJINI - NEXT SUPERSTAR VIJAY!

gorgeous gaayini ~ Ghlli ~ now Tia

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast